Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-03-2009, 03:38 PM
  #10261  
AWK
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
AWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,021
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

GT-1 does not have to run the 12.5mm rotor, and yes, only the yellow ring is allowed.

Weather Update: If rain washes out Saturday, we will be cancelling the race weekend and doing our best to reschedule it for a later date.
AWK is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 04:08 PM
  #10262  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
414MPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 989
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CarKing
GT-1 does not have to run the 12.5mm rotor, and yes, only the yellow ring is allowed.

Weather Update: If rain washes out Saturday, we will be cancelling the race weekend and doing our best to reschedule it for a later date.
Above post should read.... "Weather Update: If rain washes out Saturday, we MAY be cancelling the race weekend and doing our best to reschedule it for a later date. Please stay tuned for additional information tomorrow (Wed.)!"
414MPH is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 04:18 PM
  #10263  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (26)
 
reenmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,539
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Well, if the event is canceled before Sunday and then the weather breaks, everyone carpool on up to Freedom Park in Camarillo and race with us! We can add a "TCS Consolation" class or something.

www.roadrunnersrc.com
reenmachine is offline  
Old 02-04-2009, 11:42 AM
  #10264  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,979
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Doesn't TCS Europe still pull out the baggies, ductape and "rain tires" when rain hits their event?

Its not like the electronics are skipping across a pond in a leaky boat. . .
A-Ko is offline  
Old 02-04-2009, 12:53 PM
  #10265  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
RaceBucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca.
Posts: 512
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Having been one of those that ran the Porsche class in a prior year in the rain, I can say that it's just all part of the fun. I still hear from people who thought that was one of the coolest races of that regional!
RaceBucks is offline  
Old 02-04-2009, 01:28 PM
  #10266  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,291
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Doesn't TCS Europe still pull out the baggies, ductape and "rain tires" when rain hits their event?

Its not like the electronics are skipping across a pond in a leaky boat. . .
Would you do that...? You know you have a good chance to see your RC car ended up to be a lipo fireball...

P.S....thanks for the Novak 17.5 answer, just trying to understand the rule for my friend that want to borrow my old 17.5, now, he need to run GT1 and 3 with me.
Solara is offline  
Old 02-04-2009, 03:38 PM
  #10267  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Tamiya bodies....

i have 3 custom painted bodies i will not be using due to a "change" in paint scheme. they have not been mounted or cut.... if you're interested. PM Me.. i will have pix up tonight.

they'll be $65 shipped to your door. purchase more than one and save on shipping.

i have the following:

1 - Garaiya
1 - Ebbro 350R
1 - 2007 NSX
Hebiki is offline  
Old 02-04-2009, 05:28 PM
  #10268  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,901
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

fingers crossed

http://www.accuweather.com/us/ca/ali...Chg=1&metric=0

I'm optimistic, the forecast continues to improve

Last edited by madjack; 02-04-2009 at 08:19 PM.
madjack is offline  
Old 02-04-2009, 08:11 PM
  #10269  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki
i have 3 custom painted bodies i will not be using due to a "change" in paint scheme. they have not been mounted or cut.... if you're interested. PM Me.. i will have pix up tonight.

they'll be $65 shipped to your door. purchase more than one and save on shipping.

i have the following:

1 - Garaiya
1 - Ebbro 350R
1 - 2007 NSX
Hey Chris who did the paint job? I might be interested in the 350R. What's the color scheme? Is it concoarse worthy? heehehe
maxepower is offline  
Old 02-05-2009, 11:47 AM
  #10270  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,799
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

If Chris's raindance fails and it happens to rain saturday and cancel the event......would somebody be so kind as to post it on here as soon as they find out? (sorry to those traveling a great distance)
stitchy is offline  
Old 02-05-2009, 02:15 PM
  #10271  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,978
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Chris is a Failure! It's raining in AV right now GG Dun-got-pealed-Camper-C.

*edit* I've got a new avatar for you! lol haha
Attached Images  

Last edited by rtypec; 02-05-2009 at 02:44 PM.
rtypec is offline  
Old 02-05-2009, 03:23 PM
  #10272  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rtypec
Chris is a Failure! It's raining in AV right now GG Dun-got-pealed-Camper-C.

*edit* I've got a new avatar for you! lol haha


changed locales... went 16-3 and 19-2... i love playing in south africa. LAG SHIELD!

if im camp snoopy... you're Smokey the Bear. CAMPERS!!!

rain on sat = more cod5: waw
Hebiki is offline  
Old 02-05-2009, 03:24 PM
  #10273  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,799
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Just received

Dear TCS Racer,

Unfortunately, due to deteriorating weather conditions, TCS event #139 hasbeen cancelled. Information regarding if and/or when this event will be rescheduled will be posted at www.tamiyausa.com. The Tamiya America TCSStaff thanks you for your interest in participating in the TamiyaChampionship Series.

Tamiya AmericaTCS Event Staff
stitchy is offline  
Old 02-05-2009, 03:37 PM
  #10274  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (107)
 
lbckevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,731
Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stitchy
Just received

Dear TCS Racer,

Unfortunately, due to deteriorating weather conditions, TCS event #139 hasbeen cancelled. Information regarding if and/or when this event will be rescheduled will be posted at www.tamiyausa.com. The Tamiya America TCSStaff thanks you for your interest in participating in the TamiyaChampionship Series.

Tamiya AmericaTCS Event Staff

Damn.............

I hope its rescheduled soon...
lbckevin is offline  
Old 02-05-2009, 03:42 PM
  #10275  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
SirSwiftAlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SOCAL the fastest mini cooper guys in the nation
Posts: 862
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

That sucks I don't think the rain is going to come like everyone thinks.

Last edited by SirSwiftAlot; 02-05-2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: ?
SirSwiftAlot is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.