Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree825Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Back up a bit there Kevin. The BPShadow post is the handy work Brad Palmer . What classes are you running this weekend? Is there an Unlimited Hydro-Plane class?

The weather right now does not look very good for next weekend . Too bad dates got moved around as I hear the weather this weekend was splendid for playing outdoors with toy cars . We will have to see how the weather holds. I wonder how close before flight time I can cancel my flight with minimal penalties???
Ill take the credit for that one, and thank you for giving credit where credit is due.
In the immortal words of Sheriff Buford T Justice " Thats an attention getter"
Old 02-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When I get home I'm gonna punch your Mama in the mouth!
Old 02-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Back up a bit there Kevin. The BPShadow post is the handy work Brad Palmer . What classes are you running this weekend? Is there an Unlimited Hydro-Plane class?

The weather right now does not look very good for next weekend . Too bad dates got moved around as I hear the weather this weekend was splendid for playing outdoors with toy cars . We will have to see how the weather holds. I wonder how close before flight time I can cancel my flight with minimal penalties???
weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL on saturday.. id say mid 70s.. nice breeze. traction was very good (not nationals good). the track crew did a great job of cleaning it up and laying down some traction.

keep doing those rain dances.. weather.com now shows rain fri/sat. last time i posted it said sat/sun.

hopefully it becomes thu/fri by the time TCS arrives.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Fun day of practice at AV. Iíll never get used to running a gt-1 car on the track with all those minis. Itís like running through a swarm of angry bees and kicking their hive. If you piss the one at the back of the pack off with a crappy pass, one of the other ones in the group will get even for him. LOL. Some of you mini guys have some grip in those cars. Impressive to say the least.

F1 cars are fast this year. I donít know what it is but a few of you guys are keeping pace with GT-1 cars in certain sections of the track. (The esses for sure) I was surprised more then a few times at an F1 car pulling a great late braking, late apex short exit on the hairpin after the sweeper. Fun times. Canít wait to see what you f1 guys have for each other.

I pray the rain stays away this weekend. Is it just me or has it seemed that out of the whatÖ 12-15 days of rain we get each year in California all of it has fallen on a Saturdays and Sundays that should have been racing days. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Looking forward to racing this weekend, thatís for sure. Iíll be the first to start it upÖ

T-Minus 6 and counting.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

am i the only one who did not get confirmation from Tamiya for sign ups?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Any reason why ener g cells are not on the approved battery list for TCS?
Old 02-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sorry Marty, got the names mixed up. Heck, it's been a few months since the Nats. I blame it on my old age. I am going for Unlimited Hydroplane (GT-2) and Open mod Submarine (GT-1) classes. Update from todays weather report is now rain on Thursday - Saturday and sunny Sunday. Fred mentioned at the track this last weekend if it rains on Saturday but is dry on Sunday that they will try to run the event on Sunday only. Probably a 2 qualifier single main format. Lets hope the weather people are as accurate as the Global Warming scientists who can't sem to notice that global temps have gone down the last ten years. I heard Phil the groundhog saw his shadow. Another 6 weeks of winter back east. Bummer.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by minimusprime
Fun day of practice at AV. Iíll never get used to running a gt-1 car on the track with all those minis. Itís like running through a swarm of angry bees and kicking their hive. If you piss the one at the back of the pack off with a crappy pass, one of the other ones in the group will get even for him. LOL. Some of you mini guys have some grip in those cars. Impressive to say the least.

F1 cars are fast this year. I donít know what it is but a few of you guys are keeping pace with GT-1 cars in certain sections of the track. (The esses for sure) I was surprised more then a few times at an F1 car pulling a great late braking, late apex short exit on the hairpin after the sweeper. Fun times. Canít wait to see what you f1 guys have for each other.

I pray the rain stays away this weekend. Is it just me or has it seemed that out of the whatÖ 12-15 days of rain we get each year in California all of it has fallen on a Saturdays and Sundays that should have been racing days. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Looking forward to racing this weekend, thatís for sure. Iíll be the first to start it upÖ

T-Minus 6 and counting.
its called Mini DodgeBall. its always fun splitting minis at the end of the straight.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
do your rain dance folks... weather.com is predicting rain for late next week.
I hope we don't have to revert to the spec. F1 rain tire.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-specf1.jpg  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by 240Z
I hope we don't have to revert to the spec. F1 rain tire.

weather.com shows 40% chance of showers on saturday.

maybe if it dries off we can run 1 round of qualifying or something.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:15 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

UPDATE: GT-2 motors must run the 12.5mm rotor they come with. This should be a given, but we are going to clarify it. We will be teching this.

Weather Update: If rain washes out Saturday, we will be cancelling the race weekend and doing our best to reschedule it for a later date.

Last edited by AWK; 02-03-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
UPDATE: GT-2 motors must run the 12.5mm rotor they come with. This should be a given, but we are going to clarify it. We will be teching this.

Weather Update: If it rains on Saturday, we will do our best to race on Sunday. It would be 2 qualifiers and single main format. If it is raining Saturday morning, then Saturday is rained out as we will not sit around at the track waiting for the weather to stop. If it rains both Saturday and Sunday, try and enjoy the weekend
I am asking this dumb question and please don't hurt me...does the older (several months) black ring Novak SS pro 17.5 is ILLEGAL for GT2? Only the newer yellow ring with black signal wire is the LEGAL one..? Thanks...
Old 02-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
I am asking this dumb question and please don't hurt me...does the older (several months) black ring Novak SS pro 17.5 is ILLEGAL for GT2? Only the newer yellow ring with black signal wire is the LEGAL one..? Thanks...
Here's a link to the rules: http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/rules.php#gen
Old 02-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
does the older (several months) black ring Novak SS pro 17.5 is ILLEGAL for GT2? Only the newer yellow ring with black signal wire is the LEGAL one..? Thanks...
I think so.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CarKing
GT1 as well?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.