Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

Marty,
George here, sorry if you took offense.

Last edited by gtypecanare; 12-29-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
I wanted to point out to everyone that that date of the first TCS race has been moved. The new date is:

TCS Aliso Viejo
Feb. 7 - Feb. 8

This was due to the fact the super bowl was the same weekend as the original date and I think we all want to be home for that!!!
superbowl usually doesnt start until 5-6pm on sunday we should be done by then.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gtypecanare
Marty,
George here, sorry if you took offense.
OMG George, I am so sorry! I mis-took your post to be from Brad. I can never appologies enough for that mistake. No insult was intended.

Originally Posted by Hebiki
superbowl usually doesnt start until 5-6pm on sunday we should be done by then.
What time does it get dark in Aliso that time of year? I would guess a whole lot earlier that in June or Aug.....

We will have to be done early. I think moving a race date after publication is not acceptable to all of us that made flight and hotel reservations. Have you seen what the change fees are now days? (and changing vacation schedules too)

Please reconsider......
Old 12-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have been telling you guys for a long time now that we need to have the regionals at a strip club this way we can pit inside and while tuning cars we can watch the superbowl and boobies at the same time and then when your up you go outside run your heat, turnmarshall, and then back inside to enjoy the festivities. Problem solved!
Old 12-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by 414MPH

What time does it get dark in Aliso that time of year? I would guess a whole lot earlier that in June or Aug.....

We will have to be done early. I think moving a race date after publication is not acceptable to all of us that made flight and hotel reservations. Have you seen what the change fees are now days? (and changing vacation schedules too)

Please reconsider......
i know Troy Crabtree already booked his flight. The series I helped organized has to reschedule a race so it doesn't conflict with TCS.

PLEASE RECONSIDER.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

i know Troy Crabtree already booked his flight. The series I helped organized has to reschedule a race so it doesn't conflict with TCS.

PLEASE RECONSIDER.
I agree. I prefer the original date since I am participating in both series.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

No worries Marty...it was an off topic observation of the on/off again saga of the next America's Cup. And how much money is being blown there, imagine one week the Australian GP being cancelled, and then the next it's not cancelled but you will need to use a new formula with only two teams invited to race. A month later it is cancelled again, and 3 months down the line the race is back on, with everyone being able to race, but with another formula of cars. Madness I tell ya...

BTW have you ever seen something made out of man jewelry (carbon fiber, titanium, and unobtainum) the size of a baseball diamond move at 45mph? Check this out!

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6455028

poor seal never had a chance
Old 12-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

PLEASE RECONSIDER.
So the CAM round of the RCGT Showdown is moving as well? Argh.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

OMG George, I am so sorry! I mis-took your post to be from Brad. I can never appologies enough for that mistake. No insult was intended.

Please reconsider......
Tamiya,
Please do not change it back at this point, I went ahead and got my airline tickets changed and it only costed me $66? Thank God it was not more than that!
As per Marty's quote. once you post a date do not change it! It is very difficult for folks that are traveling across the USA to get to the race to change there plans! even the Hickman Hauler with all our assests can not change all the logistical issues here without some major night mares.

Thank You,

Boogity Boogity
Let's Go Racing Boys!!
Old 12-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
even the Hickman Hauler with all our assests can not change all the logistical issues here without some major night mares.!
I thought the Hickmans had a hauler not a flyer....
Old 12-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I thought the Hickmans had a hauler not a flyer....
Um Jeff, The drivers fly in each of their G5's, the crew and equipment fly in a C130, a.k.a. "The Hauler".
Old 12-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Um Brad, after all the email trash and videos you sent me today and now this... dude, maybe you need to get a real job, one in the private sector, where they expect results......
Well I sent all that stuff to people I thought would or could appreciate it. So based on your response, you're out of the circle of trust Focker. Not in my five anymore. Oh and by the way, I am on vacation, so hopefully I am slacking off, or it defeats the purpose.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

those are some high tech boats man! pretty cool.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Um Jeff, The drivers fly in each of their G5's, the crew and equipment fly in a C130, a.k.a. "The Hauler".
marty, answer your pm's.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Even as a "local", I was very surprised to see the Aliso Regional moved for of all things, the Superbowl ? Not only do you have out of towners who have to make flight and hotel reservations, you also have people who have to work weekends that have to put in vacation bids or swap days with coworkers. Besides, there are these really cool hi-tech gadgets called Tivo, DVD and VCR recorders ? Now if it was game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, nah, I doubt if a race would get changed.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.