Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default tb-02

Originally Posted by djfourmoney
I picked up a Radio System (Airtronics Blazer), Radio Shack 3300mah Battery ($32, before you laugh its GP cells!) and their Quick Peak Detection Charger for $9, been proven to do said battery to a full charge in about 22 mins.

This is mainly for practice, but the Tamiya track has plenty of AC outlets according to the web page just a lack of work tables.

I also ordered a NIB TB-02 Raybrig NSX off Ebay for $85 shipped.

I had a LRP Runner Plus A.I ESC but reverse is not defeatable, so I took it back and I'll pick up a Duratrac Intellispeed 18T tomorrow.

I'm thinking about updating the TB-02 to the Lightweight Reversible Suspension and whatever bearings the R has but the Standard car doesn't. I won't upgrade beyond that until I know what all the adjustment do to performance.

Hebiki, can you help a brotha set my TB-02 for GT-3? You like Vandread man? lol
i belive you need to bring your own power last time i went there, most of people using thier car to charge... someone brought generator!
on tb-02 you need 27t pinion and 52t supr gears, 4x850 bearings for steering, and cvd for front, evo iii diff halves(black=good, white=better) tb-02 ones are junk and will slip after some run. you will need to tighten it every run,and you have to shim it right(not to strip gears). oneways are hard to get and very expensive.
if you want upgrade suspension go with 416 or tb-03 one's(one that use 1050 bearings). check out on road tb-02 section i learned many.
i think ta05 ifs-r is best money for bang kit.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default tb-02

I picked up a Radio System (Airtronics Blazer), Radio Shack 3300mah Battery ($32, before you laugh its GP cells!) and their Quick Peak Detection Charger for $9, been proven to do said battery to a full charge in about 22 mins.

This is mainly for practice, but the Tamiya track has plenty of AC outlets according to the web page just a lack of work tables.

I also ordered a NIB TB-02 Raybrig NSX off Ebay for $85 shipped.

I had a LRP Runner Plus A.I ESC but reverse is not defeatable, so I took it back and I'll pick up a Duratrac Intellispeed 18T tomorrow.

I'm thinking about updating the TB-02 to the Lightweight Reversible Suspension and whatever bearings the R has but the Standard car doesn't. I won't upgrade beyond that until I know what all the adjustment do to performance.

Hebiki, can you help a brotha set my TB-02 for GT-3? You like Vandread man? lol
i belive you need to bring your own power last time i went there, most of people using thier car to charge... someone brought generator!
on tb-02 you need 27t pinion and 52t supr gears, 4x850 bearings for steering, and cvd for front, evo iii diff halves(black=good, white=better) tb-02 ones are junk and will slip after some run. you will need to tighten it every run,and you have to shim it right(not to strip gears). oneways are hard to get and very expensive.
if you want upgrade suspension go with 416 or tb-03 one's(one that use 1050 bearings). check out on road tb-02 section i learned many.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Phat-Boy
1) The Suspension I mentioned is on the TRF-415, its affordable. I will check on the version you mentioned.

2) When you say the Diffs are junk, are you saying upgrading to the Hop Up EVO Diffs are junk or the stock diffs are junk? Your not very clear on that...

3) Thank You for the Pinion/Gear Selection

4) Does the manual show you how to shim??? I have been reading the TB02 thread because this kit is the one -
  • Could Afford and Is Under My $100 Limit for a Competitive Car
  • Has a suspension setup equal to the TA05 which should make it a match in the infield sections at AV
  • I prefer shaft drive as I don't want to deal with any belt system
  • How could a $400 car be value when this car cost me $85 and even if I modded it up to EVO spec it would still be less overall. I don't think I need every hop up in GT-3 we aren't going that fast on the Silver Can...

I almost relented and got a TA05 but it would have meant spending more money for what? A car that many say is "easier to drive"? Okay reality sez the Ferrari F430 GT2 is easier to drive on the limit compared to the Porsche 997 GT3, yet both are competitive in ALMS, FIA GT, LMS and GT Open.

I'll ask again, is GT-3 in reality "TA05 Spec" and was that intended by Tamiya?

So basically TCS looks like this -

Novice - TT-01
GT-3 - TA05R/MS/IFS
GT-2 - See Above
GT-1 - TRF/415/416/World

In otherwords, its SPEC SERIES!

Everybody buy Tamiya's best even if that means you'll finish 8th in A Main at least you'll know its not the car, its YOU -
Old 12-20-2008, 06:41 AM
Tech Addict

Default tb-02

1) reversible lw susp set #53794 (415), short reversible susp set #54083 (416) *you need 4 swing shafts for #54083.

2)stock diff joints are junk. better to upgrade to evo iii diff joints (black one's around $10, white one's $20)

3)pinion-#49230 hard coated 0.6 alu pinion gear 27t/ta04, supr-#53552 high-speed gear set f201 (52t) hard to find these

4)yes and no you need to shim it more.

i see you have $100 limit and like shaft over belt.

i always belive it is you and car. if you drive stock tb-02 and tb evo v ms which one's will have better like to have faster lap time.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

whats the best body to use on an M03M the swift body or the Swift body since the SMC Lowdown is discontinued i want to race competitiveley but not sure if should spend all that money or should I just enter GT3 instead and what about GT1 Can I run a TT01 in GT1
Old 12-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
whats the best body to use on an M03M the swift body or the Swift body since the SMC Lowdown is discontinued i want to race competitiveley but not sure if should spend all that money or should I just enter GT3 instead and what about GT1 Can I run a TT01 in GT1
I think you probably could, but it will require 2 magnets in each pocket to be fully competitive:lol :
Old 12-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

1)

Novice - TT-01
GT-3 - TA05R/MS/IFS
GT-2 - See Above
GT-1 - TRF/415/416/World

Everybody buy Tamiya's best even if that means you'll finish 8th in A Main at least you'll know its not the car, its YOU -
Not to worry! We used to run mod brushed motors in GT-1 with TA03 tub chassis cars and no problems. Tamiya has a great line up of cars for every budget and you can be as competitive as you want to be in any class with them. If they want to showcase the IFS cars in GT-2 then that's all good too!
Old 12-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

I'll ask again, is GT-3 in reality "TA05 Spec" and was that intended by Tamiya?

Novice - TT-01
GT-3 - TA05R/MS/IFS
GT-2 - See Above
GT-1 - TRF/415/416/World

Dude,
In the beginning I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt as a newb, however after reading all that is spewing off your keyboard, you need to get a clue.
If TCS is such a spec series , or has all these problems, then why do you want to run it so bad?
I have run this series since the first race, back before it really was a series, actually. And 14 years later I still look forward to racing in it. I have won some and lost even more. I have spent I don't even want to know how much money on multiple cars and multiple classes to compete. Everybody on here has ten times the experience and seat time as you and they have done nothing but try to guide you so that you don't waste time and money going down the wrong path. And you choose to not listen to any of it and then argue about it. If you go into this always looking to cut corners, you will never succeed, even if it is just for fun, because being 5 laps down ( and you will be based on what you bought) is not fun, not even close.
There is more to setting up a car than throwing money at it, paying attention to details like freeness of drivetrain, chassis balance, ride height , shock length, etc,etc. But there are parts that are the minimum price of entry to even have a remote chance of being competitive.
And for the record, people have run the TA05 in all on the GT classes with great success, I myself am going into the 4th season running the same chassis with minimum expenditures over the last couple of seasons. :flam ing:
Old 12-21-2008, 06:52 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

some1 4get TBs?

R
Old 12-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

woooow... Team B&B, should I even reply to the post above?

who's showing up to the Aliso January TCS? id like to make arrangements for an "indoor gokart" outing.

brandon.. hook it up!
Old 12-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
I have a Honda S800 we could make fit on the M03M chassis with a 13.5 to run in GT-1 class. I think it will be the killer podium A-Main car for only $ 85.00 !
Old 12-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Tech Adept

Going out of topic....those who plan on going to TCS Aliso Viejo round, anyone out there thinking of entering off-road class? I have a TRF501X and hoping to race on the dirt track with it but wondering if there'll be enough people to enter or else will be waste of time.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Dude,
In the beginning I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt as a newb, however after reading all that is spewing off your keyboard, you need to get a clue.
If TCS is such a spec series , or has all these problems, then why do you want to run it so bad?
I have run this series since the first race, back before it really was a series, actually. And 14 years later I still look forward to racing in it. I have won some and lost even more. I have spent I don't even want to know how much money on multiple cars and multiple classes to compete. Everybody on here has ten times the experience and seat time as you and they have done nothing but try to guide you so that you don't waste time and money going down the wrong path. And you choose to not listen to any of it and then argue about it. If you go into this always looking to cut corners, you will never succeed, even if it is just for fun, because being 5 laps down ( and you will be based on what you bought) is not fun, not even close.
There is more to setting up a car than throwing money at it, paying attention to details like freeness of drivetrain, chassis balance, ride height , shock length, etc,etc. But there are parts that are the minimum price of entry to even have a remote chance of being competitive.
And for the record, people have run the TA05 in all on the GT classes with great success, I myself am going into the 4th season running the same chassis with minimum expenditures over the last couple of seasons. :flam ing:
Maybe I like writing on forums???

Why TCS? Well let's see -
  • Its a LOCAL series: 3 races at AV, 1 in NoCal
  • Limited to Tamiya Hardware (I Love Tamiya!)
  • See the First Two Reasons and Repeat

For the most part many of the people that have bothered to reply to me have been cool.

Did I ruin your precious thread?

In a nutshell, many have said don't buy an entry level chassis, I didn't (TB-02). Some have told me I have enough experience to not be a Novice and then thread turned left about just who is a Novice and who isn't.

I can argue about whatever I want, you don't have to read it.

I took the suggested advice but I did what was best for me and stayed within my budget. I'm in it too enjoy it, I feel my place in the R/C Hobby is competition because Neighborhood Bashing just isn't my thang.

I will get in some track time at Flames BBQ, I will join Ventura Road Runners, I will run down at Tamiya USA, I'm going to setup my own practice track, what else do you want me to do man????
Old 12-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Maybe I like writing on forums???

Why TCS? Well let's see -
  • Its a LOCAL series: 3 races at AV, 1 in NoCal
  • Limited to Tamiya Hardware (I Love Tamiya!)
  • See the First Two Reasons and Repeat

For the most part many of the people that have bothered to reply to me have been cool.

Did I ruin your precious thread?

In a nutshell, many have said don't buy an entry level chassis, I didn't (TB-02). Some have told me I have enough experience to not be a Novice and then thread turned left about just who is a Novice and who isn't.

I can argue about whatever I want, you don't have to read it.

I took the suggested advice but I did what was best for me and stayed within my budget. I'm in it too enjoy it, I feel my place in the R/C Hobby is competition because Neighborhood Bashing just isn't my thang.

I will get in some track time at Flames BBQ, I will join Ventura Road Runners, I will run down at Tamiya USA, I'm going to setup my own practice track, what else do you want me to do man????
You can post all you want, its a free country!
Just know that when you post, you leave yourself open to criticism, ball busting and potential nastiness. There is nothing sacred on this thread, not even close, so you didn't even come close to ruining it. In fact you just gave us another target to shoot at. Since the point of this thread is to promote and encourage TCS racing I will tell you good luck, cuz you're going to need it!!
Old 12-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Kevin sounds good PM me. Chris (Heibiki) no problem just let me know what day and how many guys and I will get us a huge discount. DJFOURDUMBASS enough is enough stick a cork in it you have gotton all the attention your gonna get so move on come out the end of Janurary and be happy in the E main cuz thats where you belong.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.