Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-04-2008, 03:43 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Usually before it is available on our site, the hobby stores will have it which is why it says that. While this isn't ALWAYS the case, it's easier to point people in that direction than adjust it everytime.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
I was laughing about the "See your local hobby store"....
So Nova, are you comimng to the Trackside TCS race? We would love to have you come and see how we have so much fun and observe great sportsmanship here in Wisconsin just like Randy and Ed did lat year. (Hi Randy and Ed. Did you find your bicycle?)

I doubt you will here any of the locals complaining about this awesum free event and the company that sponsors same. I personally would like to run wheel to wheel with you in F1. I can tell from your board name you will be a formidable contender.

It seems odd that Trackside is not the first stop on the TCS tour. As far as I can remember back, Trackside had the first race of the season. I guess we will all have to invade southern California the last weekend in January. I would suspect short sleeve weather that time of year..lol..at leat for us snowbirds.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:45 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
It seems odd that Trackside is not the first stop on the TCS tour. As far as I can remember back, Trackside had the first race of the season. I guess we will all have to invade southern California the last weekend in January. I would suspect short sleeve weather that time of year..lol..at leat for us snowbirds.
The schedule is based off of what the tracks requested, and we did our best to give them what they wanted, and added our dates last.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

can you guys handle our VERSION OF COLD? 68degrees, 5mph breeze with cloudy skies?
Old 12-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default tcs

are you talking about socal or wahington state
Old 12-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
can you guys handle our VERSION OF COLD? 68degrees, 5mph breeze with cloudy skies?
Don't lie Chris its gonna be 74 tomorrow sunny with a 2 mile an hour breeze coming from the south. Anything under 70 and I have to wear a slong sleeve shirt. Its Good " Guuuuud "
Old 12-05-2008, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet
this question is for the tcs regional guys who race at trackside..

will the df03ra kit be allowed for racing the rally division. it looks like a standard kit but it comes with the rally tires and body.
Is that the new rally kit or whatever out. I would probably say no but do make sure to call scotty and check.

Originally Posted by Waltrip55
My guess is yes. They let the TB-02 run in the rally class, which also had ball diffs. I ended up winning with a TB-01 with gear diffs...so, I don't think it matters that much. I'd call Scotty on this one!
They look for the final drive ratios to be close. It does matter alot they try to keep it as even as possible.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 12-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wicked-Wayz
They look for the final drive ratios to be close. It does matter alot they try to keep it as even as possible.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
I was talking about gear diffs vs. ball diffs. The final drive ratio is the most important thing to keep all those cars close(and fun). If they didn't do that, it would be like GT-3
Old 12-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I guess we will all have to invade southern California the last weekend in January. I would suspect short sleeve weather that time of year..lol..at leat for us snowbirds.
plz do. i'll be @ aliso that weekend.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So Nova, are you comimng to the Trackside TCS race? We would love to have you come and see how we have so much fun and observe great sportsmanship here in Wisconsin just like Randy and Ed did lat year. (Hi Randy and Ed. Did you find your bicycle?)
Don't worry, we will drag NovaF1 up to Trackside with us. Randy and I look forward to this race again. We will get a bunch of guys together for the roadtrip. Maryland now have 2 TCS races. Of course you guys have to come on down and race at least one of them.

Anyway, Randy been playing around with a F103RM for the last 3 weeks. He now say that it is his favorite car to drive. Therefore, it looks like GT1 and F1 will be the race class for 2009. GT2 goes to the shelf. We wish we could run a 3rd class (Buggy) at the TCS race.

We are heading up to FastCats next weekend to run 13.5 Rubber TC and F1 (black can) in Rnd 2 of the Northeast Grand Slam Race Series. Just found out that Steve Bortolotti also signed up to also run 13.5 Rubber and F1.
It going to be ugly to see how fast Steve is on carpet at his home track. F1 is the largest class with 23+ signed up so far. We need lots of help getting this car ready.
1. What is a good starting rollout for black can for carpet racing?
2. Should we cut the tires to lower the ride height?
3. Should we use the kit tires? We just received spare tires (soft rear, med front). The new rear are much wider.
4. Should we go to 64 pitch spur?
Old 12-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Questions?? no brushed motor?

could anyone please tell me, why tamiya removed brushed motors from gt1 and gt2 class from 2009 season. brushed motors are legal under roar rules, and tcs racing apply almost same rules as roar. i got alot of nip trinity kd 19t and co27t motors witch i bought few months ago...
Old 12-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Phat-Boy
could anyone please tell me, why tamiya removed brushed motors from gt1 and gt2 class from 2009 season. brushed motors are legal under roar rules, and tcs racing apply almost same rules as roar. i got alot of nip trinity kd 19t and co27t motors witch i bought few months ago...

Tamiya has chosen to go with the brushless motors, they are the future of RC.

You can use your brushed motors in local parking lot races, but maybe 1 out of 100 entries is using brushed motors locally. Time to get brushless and get with the times.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
Don't worry, we will drag NovaF1 up to Trackside with us. Randy and I look forward to this race again. We will get a bunch of guys together for the roadtrip. Maryland now have 2 TCS races. Of course you guys have to come on down and race at least one of them.

Anyway, Randy been playing around with a F103RM for the last 3 weeks. He now say that it is his favorite car to drive. Therefore, it looks like GT1 and F1 will be the race class for 2009. GT2 goes to the shelf. We wish we could run a 3rd class (Buggy) at the TCS race.

We are heading up to FastCats next weekend to run 13.5 Rubber TC and F1 (black can) in Rnd 2 of the Northeast Grand Slam Race Series. Just found out that Steve Bortolotti also signed up to also run 13.5 Rubber and F1.
It going to be ugly to see how fast Steve is on carpet at his home track. F1 is the largest class with 23+ signed up so far. We need lots of help getting this car ready.
1. What is a good starting rollout for black can for carpet racing?
2. Should we cut the tires to lower the ride height?
3. Should we use the kit tires? We just received spare tires (soft rear, med front). The new rear are much wider.
4. Should we go to 64 pitch spur?
Glad to hear you're coming up to Fastcats.
A good starting point for rollout is around 40
Kit tires is what most of us run. Not necessary to cut your tires but you may want to even them up from time to time.
64 pitch is only better for getting closer to your target rollout.
Look for the Tamiya Table. Cory Whiteman, Tom Wright, Steve and Martin Crisp will all be there.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:55 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Locally in our area parking lot racing it's still split evenly between brushed and brushless. The cost of the esc's I think is slowing down the complete dominance of brushless. I know a lot of the advantages of brushless and there is no doubt that they are the future. By requiring them in GT2 and GT1 there are a certain number of drivers who come to a TCS regional races for many years on an annual basis that won't want to invest in a new system for one regional race. In this economy I don't see the logic in requring it for those classes. May be there is less cheating with a brushless motor. But, that's Tamiya's decision. I am guessing there will be more people than ever in GT3 and Mini. I guess it all depends on what you call "manageable costs." I hope it goes well and it will be fun to watch.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
Locally in our area parking lot racing it's still split evenly between brushed and brushless. The cost of the esc's I think is slowing down the complete dominance of brushless. I know a lot of the advantages of brushless and there is no doubt that they are the future. By requiring them in GT2 and GT1 there are a certain number of drivers who come to a TCS regional races for many years on an annual basis that won't want to invest in a new system for one regional race. In this economy I don't see the logic in requring it for those classes. May be there is less cheating with a brushless motor. But, that's Tamiya's decision. I am guessing there will be more people than ever in GT3 and Mini. I guess it all depends on what you call "manageable costs." I hope it goes well and it will be fun to watch.
With Novak coming out with the Havoc BL/ESC for $150 you can't blame the cost as being prohibative. AT that price it is cheaper than a brushed motor ESC combo. I think we are now at a point where going BL and Lipo is cheaper to start out with than what it cost to start up Brushed motors, ESC, and NiMh batteries.

BL/ESC $150
Lipo $50
Total $200

27t $30
ESC $120
4 6 cell batteries $200
Total $350

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.