Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rccardr
Yep.

It's almost enough to make me want to put together an F201 for the Nats and give up the Mini.

Note I said...almost.

Perhaps next season.

Later
Doc
I thought you ran the F201 already. I could be wrong though.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nope, never owned an F201.

Raced the 101-102-103 series for over ten years and then switched over to Mini and Sedan when they discontinued them.

Gotta love the way they look rolling through the turns, though...so realistic.

Gary- You Are Evil! Thoughtful, but evil.

Later
Doc
Old 07-28-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes, but you still didn't answer the question. I can UPS it to you asap so you can start testing
Old 07-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
The reason why I asked is because my motor was challenged at the regional in Aliso Viejo.
And the results were?????

What motor were you running... Please don't tell me Trinity....
I started a thread in the electric onroad forum about what piece of craps the trinity's are... I've had more than my share of magnet problems... out of 22 I've had 8 that had magents either come unglued or they cracked. I've sent 3 back and they said that either I got hit or over heated and 2 of these had less than 5 runs on them....
Old 07-28-2004, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I will vouch for Steve and Bruce. They play straight up. Keep a couple of things in mind,
1. This is the only class that they run, so they know the cars inside and out.
2. Because they only run one class they have time between rounds to essentially rebuild the cars.
3. They seem to run on a fairly regular basis, as well as being a two car team, there is alot of information flowing back and fourth.
4 . They run 19T's in practice so they are able to use the power of the stock motors more effectively.
5. Bruce is a TCS national champion, and he won during the time when nearly the whole field was capable of winning.
I don't want this to seem like a Hickman love in, I have raced against them and they a formidble opponents who spend the time and sweat the details, and with the level that they have taken it to I feel that they deserve to win. I just hope that come Nats time I have enough to run with Steve, although I hear Neil is just as fast.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by BP SHADOW
I will vouch for Steve and Bruce. They play straight up. Keep a couple of things in mind,
1. This is the only class that they run, so they know the cars inside and out.
2. Because they only run one class they have time between rounds to essentially rebuild the cars.
3. They seem to run on a fairly regular basis, as well as being a two car team, there is alot of information flowing back and fourth.
4 . They run 19T's in practice so they are able to use the power of the stock motors more effectively.
5. Bruce is a TCS national champion, and he won during the time when nearly the whole field was capable of winning.
I don't want this to seem like a Hickman love in, I have raced against them and they a formidble opponents who spend the time and sweat the details, and with the level that they have taken it to I feel that they deserve to win. I just hope that come Nats time I have enough to run with Steve, although I hear Neil is just as fast.
I agree about the Hickman Herd and their posse
They do know how to set up the F201s and the motors!!!
JOKE ALERT!!!!!!!! Maybe they forgot to take out their practice motor... JOKE ALERT OFF

The Shumarchers of RC Formula 1 these Hickmans are!!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2004, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Gary-

You are kind to offer me an excellent ride, however I am committed to Mini this year (although sometimes I think I ought to just be committed, if you know what I mean). However, I am seriously considering selling my TA04R with all of the spares and moving over to F201 next season.

On another note, I have a room at the Holiday Inn on La Paz for Thursday night through Sunday morning (I'm staying in Long Beach Sunday night due to an early Monday morning flight). Yep, moved over from the Courtyard in Lake Forest, because the new motto of the Holiday Inn is: "This is Where All The Fast Guys Stay".

Plus, they set you up to pit by the pool on Friday night! If you or any of the other CheezWhiz gang need a place to stay and want to split the room cost, let me know.

Later
Doc
Old 07-28-2004, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Doc,
Get that f201 from Gary and I will help you set it up for next year?

Steve.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:07 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ok...what's the address of the Tamiya Track in SO Cal?

Any nice hotels nearby?
Old 07-28-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here's a question for you guys. Seeing as how Tamiya is coming out with the new Subaru Legacy body, will it be legal for TCS next year? Just curious. Of course we may not know til then.. hehe
Old 07-28-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by hickmeister
Doc,
Get that f201 from Gary and I will help you set it up for next year?

Steve.
Ahhh Doc, how can you turn that down.....
Old 07-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by KilRuf
Here's a question for you guys. Seeing as how Tamiya is coming out with the new Subaru Legacy body, will it be legal for TCS next year? Just curious. Of course we may not know til then.. hehe
That body is not, and all indications are will never be, TCS legal. It's a performance based body, something to go along with the Evo 4 and the 415 at world events.

Yep, moved over from the Courtyard in Lake Forest, because the new motto of the Holiday Inn is: "This is Where All The Fast Guys Stay".
Man, if that's the case I guess I should be happy they let me in! Oh, wait, the reservation is under MPH's name, that explains it
Old 07-29-2004, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

NoVa-
I think Gary's offer was just for the Nats, not next season. And as I said, I'm committed to Mini this year.

Steve-
If I do make the switch over to F201, you and Bruce would be the first people I'd turn to for tuning tips. I mean, you've been trying to get me to come back over to the Dark Side for what, three years now?

Four Weeks from this Weekend!

Later
Doc
Old 07-29-2004, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default nats info

They updated the nats rules page.

New sanyo's........not legal
Subaru................not legal
SS arms on tb .....legal

Also they clarify by part # what motors will be used for all classes. Time to get your order in for some testing. TZ and RZ

And for the mini nuts.
M0-4 with Sedan type tire: max pinion 17 tooth
M0-3 with 60D tires: max pinion 20 tooth
Running a M0-3 with sedan tires is not legal for 2004.
Running a M0-4 short with 60D tires is legal for 2004. (The two kits are the recently re-released Alfa and Eunos roadster)

But what is the gearing for M0-4 with 60d's. I'm sure its 19 tooth but they should clarify. I'm sure they want to see mini coopers out there instead of miatas, exuse me eunos roadsters.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Way to go Bruce&Steve you guys are the BOMB. Rember I'm the LAW so that means I'm gonna catch you sooner r later.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.