Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

although I think next year might look more like this. . .

Old 11-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sometimes you try to cross the bridge and it collapses underneath you....
The cars are 4wd after all.. if everyone used the same tires, and they were all hard tires. Hmmm,, now wouldnt that be interesting?
Damnit Vern! I dun shot that nag 3 times tuday!
If the situation sucks for everyone ... some true skills will be shown.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki
hey John.. no one is forcing you to buy a new set of tires every run. and no one should force Kevin to buy a limited number. if he wants to buy a new set for every round. let him. if you want to buy 2 sets. so be it.

drop the subject. this topic is older than McCain.

where's the TCS race for 2009?
If Kevin buys up all the tires .. he will win. If there isnt any left for you or me, then what ? I'll go buy all the electricity in town and charge an arm and a leg.. or more like a set of tires for you to charge your packs. Dont make it a money war. Thats just poor sportsmanship and bad for racing in general.
How about we just arm wrestle and you can go home with a broken arm. or maybe we can go down town and get mugged . That sounds like a fine waste of money. I guess what I'm trying to say is that ,,, lets see... $50 per 5 min race 12 races an hour.. ok , for arguments sake lets say 8 heats with 10 drivers each and 6 total rounds not including qualifying. Jesus christ and the 12 apostles never dreamt of such scicanery. Oh , and lets just imagine 40 ppl at the race. Thats $120,000.00 in tires and wheels and inserts before taxes even, 2400 full sets of tires. I seriously doubt even Bridgestone ships that quantity for any race. I think the columbian drug lords or the chinese mafia are the only people making that kind of dough. Lazy ? I dont think so.. Logical... hardly. Cart blanche' Please.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Here's another great idea! Lets drill 4 mm holes in some hocky pucks and race on those!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

<<Keannu Reeves voice>> ...whoa...
Old 11-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have been off the thread for a couple of months and just spent the last 45 minutes catching up and here is what I have come up with. ( hold on to your seats and putt your hands over the childrens ears)

1. Tamiya is putting this on for us and if Fred had it his way he would sit in his office answering important phone calls, flying here and there ocasionally, taking one of the trophy girls to dinner every night and saying screw the hell out of the troubles with this damn TCS race BS. So be grateful.

2. Nova F1 your a JACKASS and if I see you I am gonna punch you in mouth all you bring is negativity to this thread so be careful or your going to find yourself with a size 16 flip flop up your ass one of these days. (sorry chris no smiles on this one)

3. Tires Tires yum yum yum tires tires we buy them cuz were competitive not dumb if you can't afford to buy tires for practice, racing, and nationals then go to this little website started a few years back called EBAY and put all your crap on there and start a new hobby like soap box derby where you can bitch to them the cost of lead and how balsa wood costs are through the roof

4. F1 is gonna be a hoot I ran F1 15 years ago in parking lots and it was the shizzell you guys are going down all I can say is teflon tape, coppertone 30, extra front wings, and my good ol' nor cal silver can motor

5. TCS is SaWeeet its way better than Associated's racing series and Yokomo's and Kyosho's and Corally's and Losi's oh wait only Tamiya has a racing series of this kind thats FREE to race not FREE to show up and be given stuff to race with dipshits.

Piece out I am changing my name to SirF1Alot
Old 11-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator

Off Topic...cuz it's cool.

FRED, the savior!

Old 11-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
I have been off the thread for a couple of months and just spent the last 45 minutes catching up and here is what I have come up with. ( hold on to your seats and putt your hands over the childrens ears)

1. Tamiya is putting this on for us and if Fred had it his way he would sit in his office answering important phone calls, flying here and there ocasionally, taking one of the trophy girls to dinner every night and saying screw the hell out of the troubles with this damn TCS race BS. So be grateful.

2. Nova F1 your a JACKASS and if I see you I am gonna punch you in mouth all you bring is negativity to this thread so be careful or your going to find yourself with a size 16 flip flop up your ass one of these days. (sorry chris no smiles on this one)

3. Tires Tires yum yum yum tires tires we buy them cuz were competitive not dumb if you can't afford to buy tires for practice, racing, and nationals then go to this little website started a few years back called EBAY and put all your crap on there and start a new hobby like soap box derby where you can bitch to them the cost of lead and how balsa wood costs are through the roof

4. F1 is gonna be a hoot I ran F1 15 years ago in parking lots and it was the shizzell you guys are going down all I can say is teflon tape, coppertone 30, extra front wings, and my good ol' nor cal silver can motor

5. TCS is SaWeeet its way better than Associated's racing series and Yokomo's and Kyosho's and Corally's and Losi's oh wait only Tamiya has a racing series of this kind thats FREE to race not FREE to show up and be given stuff to race with dipshits.

Piece out I am changing my name to SirF1Alot
Dude I'll bring some valium to Nats for ya. You make good points in a lot of areas, but when you threaten to punch someone in the mouth, you end up looking like the jackass. I don't care what you think of the guy, you just shouldn't go there.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by westerdude42
Dude I'll bring some valium to Nats for ya. You make good points in a lot of areas, but when you threaten to punch someone in the mouth, you end up looking like the jackass. I don't care what you think of the guy, you just shouldn't go there.
hey dude, ive decided to not go to seattle next year for TCS. im saving all my money for tires.

im like wanger too. i save money on inserts because i recycle the air thats in each set i glue up!
Old 11-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hebiki
hey dude, ive decided to not go to seattle next year for TCS. im saving all my money for tires.

im like wanger too. i save money on inserts because i recycle the air thats in each set i glue up!
I save money by not using tires at all. I like the cool drifting action you get from riding the rims.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:59 PM
Tech Addict

Oh yeah, if you don't come to Seattle, how will you get your Burgermaster fix?
Old 11-07-2008, 03:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by westerdude42
Oh yeah, if you don't come to Seattle, how will you get your Burgermaster fix?
i know huh?
Old 11-07-2008, 04:51 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

just pulled out the tire bill from a regional TCS race. yeh the entry might be free. but the tire bill with employee discounts was 180bux.

the bigger issue with that is not that we 'wanted' new tires every rd for a 'tamiya club race', but the fact that the car has not run since and there are no tires left to use b/c they were all shot after 1 run of GT2.

i think we could all easily predict that sales of ta05s and tb03s would go up if folks could use the stuff they race on every wk. prolly would see 'club' gt3 racing increase as folks look at things like trans am for a slower/easier/relaxed class to go with sedan during their day. i think the reincarnation of F1 could fill that void too. perhaps that is tamiya's idea.

just like with the state of the nation, all we can do is hope for a better 09.

side note: when/where can i score 1 of these new f103s that hopefully is legal for next yr?

R
Old 11-07-2008, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
I remember way back. I ran 13-14 sets of Killer Bees. Every run (practice, qualifying and mains) was on new tires. I came to WIN not to participate. Daddy Warbucks Style
Word! They should open up TCS again to the folks that want to go all out, one-run and fly to the corners of the world to collect B's and run them pink!

Old 11-07-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR

Asphalt is resurfaced - Doubtful Tamiya Corp (Japan, not U.S. that was the driving force behind the sale of the building) wants to spend any money.

Resurfaced track results in better grip and longer tire wear - We can go back to B2's that last for many runs. Too bad they don't grip under 140F.
The track has been deteriorating before our eyes in the past 2 years. It would be a shame to let it go to the point where it would require major repairs. As it is, the seam in the middle of the track needs to at least be sealed before the major rain comes. So what does it cost to get it resealed anyway? $1000? $1500? A few donations by the track regulars, run a few pay events (F103 enduro anybody? etc.), Tamiya corporate pitches in a few bucks... it could happen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.