Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree832Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-27-2004, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Grrrr....Dan I hope you get permission to go to the Nats, cuz you're going down for that one
Old 07-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bring it on.

"Let's get ready to rumble"
Old 07-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Or in Beale's Case....Crumble
Old 07-27-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Nova F1 Racer
I was marshalling and the second qual for Steve Hickman was something else. The car had at least 5 mph more speed on the straight.. It had to be the fastest motor there of any car, it seemed to be faster then the 19 turns that were running....
He better save that one for the Championship Main cause that car
was movin... In fact the cop that was giving stop sign tickets to everyone right next to the track wanted to give Hickman a ticket for excessive speeding!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure which motor he was running ( Trinity monster? ) but dam it was fast... and the fact he's one of the best drivers in RC racing does help a little...
The monster is a fast motor, and it's easy to gear. Did someone challenge his motor?
Old 07-27-2004, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rccardr
Neil-
Bruce and Steve were indeed their usual quick-n-smooth selves. However,Todd Marshall was right there as well. If the Main had been a little cleaner, the finish would have been much closer for all three of them.

Although...Bruce is awful good in traffic. The Nats is gonna be great!

Later
Doc
Hi Doc

It's going to be a fun nats. What's cool is the motor is unique again like last year.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yep.

It's almost enough to make me want to put together an F201 for the Nats and give up the Mini.

Note I said...almost.

Perhaps next season.

Later
Doc
Old 07-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
The monster is a fast motor, and it's easy to gear. Did someone challenge his motor?
No, there is no way any of the Hickmans would anything illegal.
I'm sure and everyone else there know they are the best in the F201 racing both in the chassis and motor setups. I wanted to go ask them about it but if they have the best motor why give out their advantage? I'm not sure if I would do it.. But dam it was fast!!!!!!!!! And he drove a near perfect line all through the 2nd qualifier which made him look even faster.... I wonder if Casey had the lap times... It was a perfect run.......

I just want the motor setup
Then all I have to do is worry about driving
Old 07-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default Laurel TCS 7/25/04

Hey Nova,
Thanks, for the kind words! Just to set the record straight both my motor and my brother Bruce's Motor were the Trinity Monster Stock motors bought from Ultimate Hobbies in Orange, Ca. I really need to thank Rick Hohwart from Peak / Orion Motors for his advice on the their Comm Drops and the Peak Sprint Laydown Brushes. But to let all the concerned ears know that my motor in the A main lost a cylinder and with substandard power I still went 21 laps 5:10 to get 2nd place behind Bruce's time of 21 laps 5:05. It proves the point that you do not need superior power to be fast the chassis and the tires were dialed in.

P.S Our motors are open for inspection at anytime for anybody to look at we really do not need to cheat to be fast.

Too bad we can't run these motors at the Nationals?

By the way our F201's A Main lap times were a lap faster than the GT1 & GT2 times @ Laurel. The F201 is a very fast car once you get it dialed in it will be really neat once we get some more Hop Up parts available for the car i.e. Carbon Chassis and more gear ratios.

Steve.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Laurel TCS 7/25/04

Originally posted by hickmeister
Hey Nova,
Thanks, for the kind words! Just to set the record straight both my motor and my brother Bruce's Motor were the Trinity Monster Stock motors bought from Ultimate Hobbies in Orange, Ca. I really need to thank Rick Hohwart from Peak / Orion Motors for his advice on the their Comm Drops and the Peak Sprint Laydown Brushes. But to let all the concerned ears know that my motor in the A main lost a cylinder and with substandard power I still went 21 laps 5:10 to get 2nd place behind Bruce's time of 21 laps 5:05. It proves the point that you do not need superior power to be fast the chassis and the tires were dialed in.

P.S Our motors are open for inspection at anytime for anybody to look at we really do not need to cheat to be fast.

By the way our F201's A Main lap times were a lap faster than the GT1 & GT2 times @ Laurel. The F201 is a very fast car once you get it dialed in it will be really neat once we get some more Hop Up parts available for the car i.e. Carbon Chassis and more gear ratios.

Steve.
Have you got their address???

I agree about the carbon chassis and gearing... The carbon will enable better cooling and gears.......

I've not had much luck with Trinity's motors as of late.. Their magnets either crack/unglue more than others do. Going to get over to that hobby shop and check it out...

Thanks for the tips...
Old 07-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default hey hickmister

hey since the F201's r such neat cars maybe TL01's r not for me
but i would probably be better staring off w/ a retired F103
but F201's r just the BOMB! it's a shame u can't run those moters though shocking i know

~Aimee~
Old 07-27-2004, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Ultimate Hobbies
2378 N. Orange Mall
Orange, Ca 92865
714-921-0424
www.ultimatehobbies.com

Great Hobby Shop for RC

Steve.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Laurel TCS 7/25/04

Originally posted by hickmeister
Hey Nova,

Steve.
Hey... Wait a minute!!!!!! you lost a cylinder during the main..
I *KNEW* it!!!!! You had a nitro in that car that sounded like an electric motor!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2004, 09:31 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Past champs racing

Someone let bruce know that the rules for the Past champs race during the nats is up on the Tamiya USA page. Entry is also available online for those guys. Nats entry online form will be up by the weekend :-)
Old 07-27-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rccardr
Yep.

It's almost enough to make me want to put together an F201 for the Nats and give up the Mini.

Note I said...almost.

Perhaps next season.

Later
Doc
I've got a tricked out F201 minus electronics you are more than welcome to use Doug, just say the word
Old 07-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Nova F1 Racer
No, there is no way any of the Hickmans would anything illegal.
I'm sure and everyone else there know they are the best in the F201 racing both in the chassis and motor setups. I wanted to go ask them about it but if they have the best motor why give out their advantage? I'm not sure if I would do it.. But dam it was fast!!!!!!!!! And he drove a near perfect line all through the 2nd qualifier which made him look even faster.... I wonder if Casey had the lap times... It was a perfect run.......

I just want the motor setup
Then all I have to do is worry about driving
The reason why I asked is because my motor was challenged at the regional in Aliso Viejo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.