Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree832Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-27-2004, 12:04 PM
  #946  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,978
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Grrrr....Dan I hope you get permission to go to the Nats, cuz you're going down for that one
rtypec is offline  
Old 07-27-2004, 12:16 PM
  #947  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Bring it on.

"Let's get ready to rumble"
Difuser is offline  
Old 07-27-2004, 04:10 PM
  #948  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (3)
 
RCGaryK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7,331
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Or in Beale's Case....Crumble
RCGaryK is offline  
Old 07-27-2004, 05:54 PM
  #949  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Originally posted by Nova F1 Racer
I was marshalling and the second qual for Steve Hickman was something else. The car had at least 5 mph more speed on the straight.. It had to be the fastest motor there of any car, it seemed to be faster then the 19 turns that were running....
He better save that one for the Championship Main cause that car
was movin... In fact the cop that was giving stop sign tickets to everyone right next to the track wanted to give Hickman a ticket for excessive speeding!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure which motor he was running ( Trinity monster? ) but dam it was fast... and the fact he's one of the best drivers in RC racing does help a little...
The monster is a fast motor, and it's easy to gear. Did someone challenge his motor?
Neil Rabara is offline  
Old 07-27-2004, 05:55 PM
  #950  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Originally posted by rccardr
Neil-
Bruce and Steve were indeed their usual quick-n-smooth selves. However,Todd Marshall was right there as well. If the Main had been a little cleaner, the finish would have been much closer for all three of them.

Although...Bruce is awful good in traffic. The Nats is gonna be great!

Later
Doc
Hi Doc

It's going to be a fun nats. What's cool is the motor is unique again like last year.
Neil Rabara is offline  
Old 07-27-2004, 06:05 PM
  #951  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Secret Underground Laboratory
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Yep.

It's almost enough to make me want to put together an F201 for the Nats and give up the Mini.

Note I said...almost.

Perhaps next season.

Later
Doc
rccardr is offline  
Old 07-27-2004, 06:07 PM
  #952  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (3)
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
The monster is a fast motor, and it's easy to gear. Did someone challenge his motor?
No, there is no way any of the Hickmans would anything illegal.
I'm sure and everyone else there know they are the best in the F201 racing both in the chassis and motor setups. I wanted to go ask them about it but if they have the best motor why give out their advantage? I'm not sure if I would do it.. But dam it was fast!!!!!!!!! And he drove a near perfect line all through the 2nd qualifier which made him look even faster.... I wonder if Casey had the lap times... It was a perfect run.......

I just want the motor setup
Then all I have to do is worry about driving
Nova F1 Racer is offline  
Old 07-27-2004, 06:57 PM
  #953  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond,Va
Posts: 367
Default Laurel TCS 7/25/04

Hey Nova,
Thanks, for the kind words! Just to set the record straight both my motor and my brother Bruce's Motor were the Trinity Monster Stock motors bought from Ultimate Hobbies in Orange, Ca. I really need to thank Rick Hohwart from Peak / Orion Motors for his advice on the their Comm Drops and the Peak Sprint Laydown Brushes. But to let all the concerned ears know that my motor in the A main lost a cylinder and with substandard power I still went 21 laps 5:10 to get 2nd place behind Bruce's time of 21 laps 5:05. It proves the point that you do not need superior power to be fast the chassis and the tires were dialed in.

P.S Our motors are open for inspection at anytime for anybody to look at we really do not need to cheat to be fast.

Too bad we can't run these motors at the Nationals?

By the way our F201's A Main lap times were a lap faster than the GT1 & GT2 times @ Laurel. The F201 is a very fast car once you get it dialed in it will be really neat once we get some more Hop Up parts available for the car i.e. Carbon Chassis and more gear ratios.

Steve.
hickmeister is offline  
Old 07-27-2004, 07:15 PM
  #954  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (3)
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Laurel TCS 7/25/04

Originally posted by hickmeister
Hey Nova,
Thanks, for the kind words! Just to set the record straight both my motor and my brother Bruce's Motor were the Trinity Monster Stock motors bought from Ultimate Hobbies in Orange, Ca. I really need to thank Rick Hohwart from Peak / Orion Motors for his advice on the their Comm Drops and the Peak Sprint Laydown Brushes. But to let all the concerned ears know that my motor in the A main lost a cylinder and with substandard power I still went 21 laps 5:10 to get 2nd place behind Bruce's time of 21 laps 5:05. It proves the point that you do not need superior power to be fast the chassis and the tires were dialed in.

P.S Our motors are open for inspection at anytime for anybody to look at we really do not need to cheat to be fast.

Too bad we can't run these motors at the Nationals?

By the way our F201's A Main lap times were a lap faster than the GT1 & GT2 times @ Laurel. The F201 is a very fast car once you get it dialed in it will be really neat once we get some more Hop Up parts available for the car i.e. Carbon Chassis and more gear ratios.

Steve.
Have you got their address???

I agree about the carbon chassis and gearing... The carbon will enable better cooling and gears.......

I've not had much luck with Trinity's motors as of late.. Their magnets either crack/unglue more than others do. Going to get over to that hobby shop and check it out...

Thanks for the tips...
Nova F1 Racer is offline  
Old 07-27-2004, 07:21 PM
  #955  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: richmond, va
Posts: 3
Default hey hickmister

hey since the F201's r such neat cars maybe TL01's r not for me
but i would probably be better staring off w/ a retired F103
but F201's r just the BOMB! it's a shame u can't run those moters though shocking i know



~Aimee~
350zracer is offline  
Old 07-27-2004, 07:22 PM
  #956  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond,Va
Posts: 367
Default

Ultimate Hobbies
2378 N. Orange Mall
Orange, Ca 92865
714-921-0424
www.ultimatehobbies.com

Great Hobby Shop for RC

Steve.
hickmeister is offline  
Old 07-27-2004, 07:25 PM
  #957  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (3)
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Laurel TCS 7/25/04

Originally posted by hickmeister
Hey Nova,
Thanks, for the kind words! Just to set the record straight both my motor and my brother Bruce's Motor were the Trinity Monster Stock motors bought from Ultimate Hobbies in Orange, Ca. I really need to thank Rick Hohwart from Peak / Orion Motors for his advice on the their Comm Drops and the Peak Sprint Laydown Brushes. But to let all the concerned ears know that my motor in the A main lost a cylinder and with substandard power I still went 21 laps 5:10 to get 2nd place behind Bruce's time of 21 laps 5:05. It proves the point that you do not need superior power to be fast the chassis and the tires were dialed in.

P.S Our motors are open for inspection at anytime for anybody to look at we really do not need to cheat to be fast.

Too bad we can't run these motors at the Nationals?

By the way our F201's A Main lap times were a lap faster than the GT1 & GT2 times @ Laurel. The F201 is a very fast car once you get it dialed in it will be really neat once we get some more Hop Up parts available for the car i.e. Carbon Chassis and more gear ratios.

Steve.
Hey... Wait a minute!!!!!! you lost a cylinder during the main..
I *KNEW* it!!!!! You had a nitro in that car that sounded like an electric motor!!!!!!!!!!!
Nova F1 Racer is offline  
Old 07-27-2004, 09:31 PM
  #958  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Past champs racing

Someone let bruce know that the rules for the Past champs race during the nats is up on the Tamiya USA page. Entry is also available online for those guys. Nats entry online form will be up by the weekend :-)
FMW is offline  
Old 07-27-2004, 09:45 PM
  #959  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (3)
 
RCGaryK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7,331
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by rccardr
Yep.

It's almost enough to make me want to put together an F201 for the Nats and give up the Mini.

Note I said...almost.

Perhaps next season.

Later
Doc
I've got a tricked out F201 minus electronics you are more than welcome to use Doug, just say the word
RCGaryK is offline  
Old 07-27-2004, 10:53 PM
  #960  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Originally posted by Nova F1 Racer
No, there is no way any of the Hickmans would anything illegal.
I'm sure and everyone else there know they are the best in the F201 racing both in the chassis and motor setups. I wanted to go ask them about it but if they have the best motor why give out their advantage? I'm not sure if I would do it.. But dam it was fast!!!!!!!!! And he drove a near perfect line all through the 2nd qualifier which made him look even faster.... I wonder if Casey had the lap times... It was a perfect run.......

I just want the motor setup
Then all I have to do is worry about driving
The reason why I asked is because my motor was challenged at the regional in Aliso Viejo.
Neil Rabara is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.