Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
I guess you must think all us West Cost people are crazed drug addicts. No, I don't blow snow, in my nose or off my driveway. You know what, I do have fun, and I don't whine about the costs all the time like some do. If you can't afford the hobby, don't join. I didn't start playing ice hockey until I was 31 because as a single parent, my mom could not afford the gear for me. When I could afford it myself, I finally got into the game so I guess you could say I do play in the snow every week, You know, that white stuff on the ground. It's what I clean out of my goal crease. Was I always whining about "how expensive" the sport was and how it was unfair that others could buy better gear than me ? Nope, I loved playing the game and as I could afford better gear, I did. Oh yeah, and I enjoyed beating guys who did have better equipment. I guess talent does still come into play in hockey as well as R/C cars. If you are in it for "fun" than why are you worried about having to spend more to win ? Or did you grow up learning "everybody is a winner and no one is a loser" and expect to always win no matter how much or how little time and money you put into your "hobby". BTW - I wonder how many people in R/C racing blow more in one weekend on beer or soft drinks than I do in a week on tires ? Humm, guess it all depends on where one chooses to spend there money. So, I guess you can see if that fits up your nose.

Every year I have been on RC Tech, I hear the same "we need to limit tires" for TCS "issue" brought up this time of year. Plain and simple, it's an old and tired subject that a lot of people get tired of hearing every year that is brought backup by the same few people. You can keep beating a dead horse and it is not going to come to life.
Never Implied you did. But Do you think I'm lazy because I dont want to waste my time mounting and or truing foam or rubber just to play for 5 mins .
If that were the case I think I'd just stay home and play Forza 2. Cost is a major issue. Some of us would rather race than eat. But I only get to race once a week. Look.. don't try to spend all your money to go racing. Tires are important yes... but not 8 sets @ $50 ea.. Some of the best racing is where anyone that can drive smooth and stay out of trouble will be at the pionty end of the field. Not the guy that runs a little sloppy but can afford new skins every round. That what makes carpet racing so nice .. and affordable. One of the best races I saw at Scotties was a bunch or no older than 8 yrs of age with relitavely slow cars. And believe it or not .. even the kid that came in last had fun. And he used the same tires all weekend. If your son ever starts racing are you going to buy him tired too? This is a family sport/hobby. Not NASCAR (thank God) or F1. Its toy cars. And Professionals are preasured to win to sell product.
PLEASE REMEMBER>>>TOY CARS<<<
and you can keep the bowling trophy..
unless its marble .. or silver ... or really big.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Never Implied you did. But Do you think I'm lazy because I dont want to waste my time mounting and or truing foam or rubber just to play for 5 mins .
If that were the case I think I'd just stay home and play Forza 2. Cost is a major issue. Some of us would rather race than eat. But I only get to race once a week. Look.. don't try to spend all your money to go racing. Tires are important yes... but not 8 sets @ $50 ea.. Some of the best racing is where anyone that can drive smooth and stay out of trouble will be at the pionty end of the field. Not the guy that runs a little sloppy but can afford new skins every round. That what makes carpet racing so nice .. and affordable. One of the best races I saw at Scotties was a bunch or no older than 8 yrs of age with relitavely slow cars. And believe it or not .. even the kid that came in last had fun. And he used the same tires all weekend. If your son ever starts racing are you going to buy him tired too? This is a family sport/hobby. Not NASCAR (thank God) or F1. Its toy cars. And Professionals are preasured to win to sell product.
PLEASE REMEMBER>>>TOY CARS<<<
and you can keep the bowling trophy..
unless its marble .. or silver ... or really big.
hey John.. no one is forcing you to buy a new set of tires every run. and no one should force Kevin to buy a limited number. if he wants to buy a new set for every round. let him. if you want to buy 2 sets. so be it.

drop the subject. this topic is older than McCain.

where's the TCS race for 2009?
Old 11-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I remember way back. I ran 13-14 sets of Killer Bees. Every run (practice, qualifying and mains) was on new tires. I came to WIN not to participate. Daddy Warbucks Style
Old 11-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Or we could just go to Vegas and play with the hookers for that kind dough.
And everybody is a winner at the Bunny Ranch. Not sure if rubber is needed there tho. Im pretty sure 2 or 3 would do the trick. By the way ... I always play to win.... even if I cant afford it!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
hey John.. no one is forcing you to buy a new set of tires every run. and no one should force Kevin to buy a limited number. if he wants to buy a new set for every round. let him. if you want to buy 2 sets. so be it.

drop the subject. this topic is older than McCain.

where's the TCS race for 2009?
Lets kick this horse one more time shall we?
This time from a different angle
I don't think anyone on this thread is afraid to spend money, I know Im not
But when you are spending more money on tires than the chassis they are mounted to costs, I dont know about you, but that seems a bit excessive to me
Yes, racing costs money, but even real Formula One is looking at ways of making their series more cost effective, and that is the pinnicle of motorsport.
Going back to a premount from Tamiya would help if they were a bit cheaper than having to buy the components and build them
Just my $.25
Old 11-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I don't think anyone on this thread is afraid to spend money, I know Im not
But when you are spending more money on tires than the chassis they are mounted to costs, I dont know about you, but that seems a bit excessive to me
Yes, racing costs money, but even real Formula One is looking at ways of making their series more cost effective, and that is the pinnicle of motorsport.
Going back to a premount from Tamiya would help if they were a bit cheaper than having to buy the components and build them
Just my $.25
i like the different angle (*kicks dead horse* ) but my chassis lasts me 2-3 years since i only run GT2 at nats. small upgrades every year. its the GT1 guys that have it hard. new chassis every year. plus 14 sets of tires.

TB-03 will morph for next year's nats once i get the spool. and whatever the hot new IFS body will be.

ROD.. stop camping in COD5.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hebiki
premounted handout tires with the recommended insert. thanks for volunteering to glue up all those tires george!

ill take 14 sets for nationals please. :lo:
Nope problem Chris, you just supply the glue. You might fire me after the your first run.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rtypec
I remember way back. I ran 13-14 sets of Killer Bees. Every run (practice, qualifying and mains) was on new tires. I came to WIN not to participate. Daddy Warbucks Style
Wait, wasn't that 13-14 Red Bulls? New set with every can!!

Careful, thats enough to give you the gout!!!

bruce
Old 11-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wishful predictions for the 2009 racing season:
Tamiya decides to keep the AV test track
Power is restored
Asphalt is resurfaced
Resurfaced track results in better grip and longer tire wear
Racers will be plentiful and happy
Old 11-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
Wishful predictions for the 2009 racing season:
Tamiya decides to keep the AV test track
Power is restored
Asphalt is resurfaced
Resurfaced track results in better grip and longer tire wear
Racers will be plentiful and happy

This can be accomplished for $9 Million, then the track is yours ....
Old 11-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
I rocked 8 sets of B3 at this year's nats and made the A-main for the 6th times in 3 different classes in the past 7 years. but I do save on inserts ( I don't run any)

Go big or go home

Wanger
Old 11-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Just my $.25
How bout this angle on tire control

Last edited by C5R01; 11-06-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C5R01
How bout this angle on tire control

Looks more like a deer
Or maybe a goat
Old 11-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
If it were to snow out there .. (thats the white stuff that falls from the sky when its cold, not the stuff that goes up your nose ) which you apparently have enough cash to do as well as blowinf coin on tires.
Humm, sounds like an implication to me. Am I implying you are lazy ? Not directly, I don't even know you. Am I implying that the people that keep bringing tire limits up every year are carpet racers from the Midwest and East Coast, yes.

240Z - For your predictions for 2009...

Tamiya decides to keep the AV test track - Fortunately they are forced to right now witht he real estate market.

Power is restored - Rumor has it the new owners of the building do want to do that.

Asphalt is resurfaced - Doubtful Tamiya Corp (Japan, not U.S. that was the driving force behind the sale of the building) wants to spend any money.

Resurfaced track results in better grip and longer tire wear - We can go back to B2's that last for many runs. Too bad they don't grip under 140F.

Racers will be plentiful and happy - Racers are still plentiful at TCS races (Can only vouch for West Coast races. Not sure about East Coast attendance). Most TCS racers are happy and you will always have some that are not. Unfortunately, that is part of racing too.

Those are my predictions for 2009 !

Hebiki - Don't you mean your chassis lasts every 2-3 months before you sell it ?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Looks more like a deer
Or maybe a goat
here you go

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.