Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-03-2008, 03:24 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Since this thread is making my head spin around with all of the back and fourth on rules, I am going to make one simple point....

We have not run a race yet! There will be NO RULES CHANGES until after the first race at the earliest if needed.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
Since this thread is making my head spin around with all of the back and fourth on rules, I am going to make one simple point....

We have not run a race yet! There will be NO RULES CHANGES until after the first race at the earliest if needed.
So now that you opened the next can of worms, when is the first race?
Old 11-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Power to the people baby!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

/e ponders what the rule changes will be. . .
Old 11-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
John,
I like the speed of 10.5, but I think you will see better racing with the 13.5, with less carnage.
Unfortunately... I kind of like it when there's just a little bit too much power. It's like bull riding!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Potato
Unfortunately... I kind of like it when there's just a little bit too much power. It's like bull riding!
Taming the bull is cool, but do you want to race, or just hot lap? Going fast is cool, trying to best your fastest lap is also cool, but I personally like having 3 or 4 cars swapping the lead back and forth, to me thats real racing
Old 11-04-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

10.5 is awesome... felt like the days of eleven doubles and has some real power. 13.5 is fast but lasks the punch. ROAR seems to have a good handle on whats good for the sport/hobby. just go with it and if there is ever a open class.. just put in a 10.5.... the 13.5 is easier to handle and will yeild almost the same lap times. but is a bit tougher to control. I personally will miss my 10.5.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I love that once again, the tire issue and limiting amounts of tires has come up again. I for one am totally caught by surprise. So, do your local club races limit how many tires you can run ? If they don't, why should the Tamiya series ? Carpet is one thing but outdoor asphalt is another.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I guess that why i dont run outside .
I went to modesto CA one year and fried a set of tires every run.. thats just rediculous. $40 for 5 mins.... thats not racing. thats stupid!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
oh i just heard a rumor that there's no more power for the track.
Wait, the Tamiya Track is still open????

Is it still open practice on saturdays??

OT:

Chris - Been a long time man, what's new with you?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCBuddha
Wait, the Tamiya Track is still open????

Is it still open practice on saturdays??

OT:

Chris - Been a long time man, what's new with you?
same stuff man.. racing toy cars for a plane ticket to japan. you coming back? (they always come back. )
Old 11-04-2008, 03:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
same stuff man.. racing toy cars for a plane ticket to japan. you coming back? (they always come back. )
LOL!

No major comeback, I've been getting all nostalgic for R/C when I saw the F103 being resurrected. Tamiya sure has a funny way of re-releasing kits; its as if they said: RCBuddha isn't doing R/C? Release a kit to bring him back!

That, and I need to run some laps to remind why I left...

If the Tamiya track is open for sure, I'm "there" this saturday with my one and only lipo pack in my F103GT.

Last edited by RCBuddha; 11-04-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
I love that once again, the tire issue and limiting amounts of tires has come up again. I for one am totally caught by surprise. So, do your local club races limit how many tires you can run ? If they don't, why should the Tamiya series ? Carpet is one thing but outdoor asphalt is another.
I had spoken to one of the top Pro RC sponsored International drivers.
At major National/International races he stated that having spec tire and limited amounts to buy, saved his racing at big events. With the tough economic times having an open tire rule would have kept him at home. Five years ago he would have shipped $10,000 plus in tires to have ready for the major races. Now many companies are scaling back expenses for their racers.

For TCS "regional" races, it really does not matter about having a tire limit. It would make more work for tracks that might not have the time or resources to mandate a spec tire quantity. At the Nationals, guys are flying in from all over. You might have the luxury of not spending $$ on a hotel, rental car or air fare. Those who chase the dream of the Nats, are not so lucky. Then tack on a $350+ + tire bill vs one that could be at $150, makes a difference. It has been proven on the Aliso track that new tires are an advantage. Also who knows what the fuel per barrel will be like next summer and what it will do to inflate prices.

Having a spec tire quantity number at the Nats would level the playingfield even more plus help those who travel afar to save a little money. If Pro RC racers are feeling the pinch, you can bet TCS racers are feeling the same pinch, if not worse.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:51 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by A-Ko
............... Having a spec tire quantity number at the Nats would level the playingfield even more plus help those who travel afar to save a little money. If Pro RC racers are feeling the pinch, you can bet TCS racers are feeling the same pinch, if not worse.
I agree with you, Jeff. Tires are getting expensive and probably should be limited in the series. Of course, for Tamiya that flies in the face of running the series to promote the retail side of their business. And, I reckon a new set every run makes your handling equation a lot easier. There was a pic that someone posted awhile back of a pit table that had 3 or 4 sets of new tires, lined up and ready. New set every run, what $150-$200 worth of tires? For a regional race? If I'm wrong, so be it - but it seems against the spirit of what this series is about.

bruce
Old 11-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Doc
I agree with you, Jeff. Tires are getting expensive and probably should be limited in the series. Of course, for Tamiya that flies in the face of running the series to promote the retail side of their business. And, I reckon a new set every run makes your handling equation a lot easier. There was a pic that someone posted awhile back of a pit table that had 3 or 4 sets of new tires, lined up and ready. New set every run, what $150-$200 worth of tires? For a regional race? If I'm wrong, so be it - but it seems against the spirit of what this series is about.

bruce
what people will do for a bowling trophy!!!!!
So bruce, is the Hickman hauler being loaded on an airliner for testing in Valencia?
I am in the process of building up chassis for testing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.