Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 10-30-2008, 05:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
DICK,
Please come to the Trackside TCS race (end of March) so you can meet a few MORONS. We will be nice to you no matter how your luck or talent run that particular day because we tend to be nice to folks from out of town, and go out of our way to be extra nice to folks who are just plain pains in the rear. Either way, we will be nice to you and not attack your inteligence.

I have a guess you have little to no experience running Tamiya F-103 cars with foam tires or otherwise. I can assure you, you will gain an understanding of where you stack up against some of the best F-103 drivers in this country, including a past foam tire F-103 National Champion.

The F-103 is nothing like an F-201 so your comparisons are of little value and indicate your lack of knowledge.

I have not run every TCS season as some others have, but I have enjoyed every event I attended. I have lost count, but it has to be around 150 or so days in attendance at TCS events including 12 Nationals. These are the facts and I think I have learned much valuable information and earned the right to my opinion on this subject.

Is TCS perfect? No, but then again, niether are you.

Please learn some courtesies and refrain from your allways rude, constant negative comments on Tamiya, their TCS events and those who participate. Quit frankly, it has gotten very old, tiresome and everyone would like to read well crafted, polite, usefull comments from you, or nothing at all.

"Glad I am not a Dick Club" member #1

MPH
Ignoring the personal attacks, Tamiya foam tires Fronts are 35mm wide and the rears are 40mm wide. According to the Tamiya rules the tires cannot be alter in any way, is this correct? What rims can you use? Its says any rims but the width kinda kills that idea doesn't it?

BTW I did look at the Tamita web site and Tamiya already discontinued some of the tires for the "new" F1 car kit....
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53138
Old 10-30-2008, 08:24 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

As the rules state:
Any Tamiya foam F1 tire may be used. This includes: 53128, 53129, 53134, 53135, and 53271.
Tamiya F1 wheels only.

As with all other rules, Tamiya parts only unless otherwise specified. Tamiya tires, Tamiya wheels, Tamiya chassis, Tamiya springs, Tamiya dampers, Tamiya bodies....Tamiya.

As with the tires, that is a very old part number we do not have in stock which is why it was not listed in the rules. It was out when the F103 originally came out, and was then discontinued after the F103 had been discontinued. Not all parts are being reproduced for the F103s.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by linger
Hey Devin - did you get the honor of an anti-devin white rule?
oh yeah
Old 10-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. devenwhite
oh yeah
Deven,
lol!!!
Shoot me a copy of the rules! I'm curious.
lingerxx at gmail dot com
Old 10-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Deven, thats for the forwarded rules.
Wow,
No European TCS drivers??!! Unless there is a misprint on the TCS worlds rules, that's mighty interesting especially since Europe has dominated TCS worlds since 2004.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

In addition, it was never a TCS legal tire anyways, and actualy went out of production before the 103 was discontinued
Originally Posted by CarKing
As the rules state:
Any Tamiya foam F1 tire may be used. This includes: 53128, 53129, 53134, 53135, and 53271.
Tamiya F1 wheels only.

As with all other rules, Tamiya parts only unless otherwise specified. Tamiya tires, Tamiya wheels, Tamiya chassis, Tamiya springs, Tamiya dampers, Tamiya bodies....Tamiya.

As with the tires, that is a very old part number we do not have in stock which is why it was not listed in the rules. It was out when the F103 originally came out, and was then discontinued after the F103 had been discontinued. Not all parts are being reproduced for the F103s.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Originally Posted by westerdude42
Just checked the ROAR rules for onroad and Super Stock is 19 turn or 10.5 brushless. Rule 1.2.2. in the RMT Nationals book. I have no argument with running 10.5 or 19 turn. They are much closer in perfomance. What I object to is giving the person who chooses brushed a clear advantage over those who choose brushless. I personally think it should be just 13.5 that is allowed and those who want to run brushed can go run the vintage class with their outdated equiptment.

I quoted the ROAR rules for 2009, since that is when the next race in TCS will occur.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
As the rules state:
Tamiya F1 wheels only.

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
In addition, it was never a TCS legal tire anyways, and actualy went out of production before the 103 was discontinued
Thanks for the info, but that leads to another question.. I was going by what Tamiya has listed for psrts numbers for the new F103 kit and if some one had an old set ( don't laught, I do have a couple of the discontinued foam donuts ) can these be used in a TCS race? I assumed that if a part was listed by Tamiya for a car it would be considered legal and would that change if Tamiya updated the parts list and took this out would it still be TCS legal?

I might have to get one of the new F1 cause I think it a show....
Old 10-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i like the new rules... but i agree with everyone's sentiment that 19 turn and 13.5bl are not equal. A well tuned co27 hand out can keep up with a 13.5 and does quite often. make it 13.5/27turn. If fred or any of the tamiya guys need any help testing at the Tamiya America facility I'll be up there every weekend with brushed motors and brushless motors proving the point if it will help.

I'll see you guys on saturdays.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimusprime
i like the new rules... but i agree with everyone's sentiment that 19 turn and 13.5bl are not equal. A well tuned co27 hand out can keep up with a 13.5 and does quite often. make it 13.5/27turn. If fred or any of the tamiya guys need any help testing at the Tamiya America facility I'll be up there every weekend with brushed motors and brushless motors proving the point if it will help.

is it bring your own power for saturday practice?
Old 10-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
is it bring your own power for saturday practice?
i dont' believe so. But I haven't run at the Aliso track since the 1999 nats. I was on an RC hiatus since then. But I'm back and will be back for next year's tcs champs.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i dont' believe so. But I haven't run at the Aliso track since the 1999 nats. I was on an RC hiatus since then. But I'm back and will be back for next year's tcs champs.
oh i just heard a rumor that there's no more power for the track.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Thank you! Let's keep it to 13.5.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
oh i just heard a rumor that there's no more power for the track.
Hebiki, the rumor you heard is correct. The power from the main building to the track was cut-off. Latest rumor is the new owner of the building was not aware it happened, likes the R/C track and may work to get it fixed. But until that happens, bring power or lots of charged lipo's with you.

I like the idea of 19T / 13.5 brushless in GT-1. For those that want to pack all the extra equipment, cut motors every run, spend $$ on brushes every 2-3 runs and motor spray, dyno's, etc. should get an advantage over those lazy sitting around getting fat and goofing off slackers that want to run brushless.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Actually we have been able to get power off the cars to charge and some one has been bringing a generator but track is better than every especially now early happy hour!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.