Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 10-29-2008, 06:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
The F-1 front wings will not mount up to the F-103GT Chassis without modifications (chassis or wing mods are against the rules). Also, the chassis plate is too wide in the front and will look very odd. Just buy a chassis plate, rear dif and hubs, front steering blocks (uprights) and a body and wing set and wheels and tires if you want to spend alot, or just buy a complete kit with body and save $$'s.

Tamiay F-1 Foam only (see p/n list) if you read the rules. For those that never ran Tamiya F-1 foam, truing is not required, tires are not glued but taped on and they wear like iron.

This will be a very large class............ I recall 40 F-103 cars running at Nationals in past years. No reason it won't be the same soon.
Only a complete MORON would try to run those extremely heavy foam tires without cutting them down.
Here is some proof for you-all. Last year at the 2008 Snowbirds I ran in the F1 class. I used my 3Racing F201 chassis and foam tires and 4 cell battery pack were required. I took these same foams and glued them onto F201 rims. Infact I have a pic somewhere that I will post. These were so bad I went and got a set of touring car foams 26mm and 30mm, trued them down and ran with them. Because of a charging error ( some one, not me, set the charger at 12 amps and didn't not check it ) I blew out 1 cell before the race and during the first 3 laps 1 other cell blew out. The people could hear the battery venting as it went down the straight.

If the F103 can use oval foams that would be great... Oh Wait.. Tamiya does not make or allow other companies tires... Oh well....
Old 10-29-2008, 06:50 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

414mph - Thanks for the information. I wish Tamiya would stop changing the chassis for this class every few years. I don't think I'll invest in another car. Based on their past decisions they may change the chassis for the class in two years. If there is a lot of tire truing and cuttting down of the foam tires as you see in the foam touring classes, it may get expensive very quickly, I think it could be a great class.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

When we used to run foams we never trued to make them smaller or lighter....just to keep them square. The car already is feather light and with Lipos...evn more so.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by westerdude42
Uh Chris, do ya think he knew that and that just maybe his post was entirely comedic?..............Nawww let's jut hang the bastard!!!!!!! Oh and Fred if that's your girlfriend you must be skimming from somewhere........keep it up bro she's worth it!!!!1
considering this is the internet.. i wouldnt go around using the "flaming" ( ) icon. doesnt exactly communicate sarcasm you want sarcasm.. add some or some...

my posts always have in it. so people know im joking. and it is getting old with people just whining and whining about the Series. just shut up and race. be thankful the series is still going on with the bad economy and all. (i had to throw in a "bad economy" reference in there.)
Old 10-29-2008, 07:59 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
414mph - Thanks for the information. I wish Tamiya would stop changing the chassis for this class every few years. I don't think I'll invest in another car. Based on their past decisions they may change the chassis for the class in two years. If there is a lot of tire truing and cuttting down of the foam tires as you see in the foam touring classes, it may get expensive very quickly, I think it could be a great class.
The class is changed every couple years it seems because it is an exhibition class and not a traveling class. It was F103, then replaced with F201, then no F1, then F103GT then F103. It has always been about what chassis are available at a given time. If Tamiya Inc. stops producing F103's and parts then you're right, we won't run F103s in a couple years.

And no...Mini GT has nothing to do with TamTechs as we are no longer running that class.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by CarKing
The class is changed every couple years it seems because it is an exhibition class and not a traveling class. It was F103, then replaced with F201, then no F1, then F103GT then F103. It has always been about what chassis are available at a given time. If Tamiya Inc. stops producing F103's and parts then you're right, we won't run F103s in a couple years.

And no...Mini GT has nothing to do with TamTechs as we are no longer running that class.
CarKing... YGPM.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Only a complete MORON would try to run those extremely heavy foam tires without cutting them down.
Here is some proof for you-all. Last year at the 2008 Snowbirds I ran in the F1 class. I used my 3Racing F201 chassis and foam tires and 4 cell battery pack were required. I took these same foams and glued them onto F201 rims. Infact I have a pic somewhere that I will post. These were so bad I went and got a set of touring car foams 26mm and 30mm, trued them down and ran with them. Because of a charging error ( some one, not me, set the charger at 12 amps and didn't not check it ) I blew out 1 cell before the race and during the first 3 laps 1 other cell blew out. The people could hear the battery venting as it went down the straight.

If the F103 can use oval foams that would be great... Oh Wait.. Tamiya does not make or allow other companies tires... Oh well....
Ahhh Nova, your genius is always so valuable. Tell us oh wise one, what is your chassis/class/series of choice these days? I need to know, because I can't make it through my day without your constant barrage of anti TCS banter. Based solely on the content of your posts from what I can tell you appear to spend your days lurking on the TCS thread with the hopes of being able to "advise" the lowly TCS racers what a lame series it is. That must get boring...and yet you always return to the thread?

For the MORONS amongst us, please tell us oh god of RC racing just how many TCS F1 podiums you have achieved? My guess is less than 2. Did your TCS evolution go something like this? You tried TCS, it was new, entertaining and you had probably had some initial success. But alas, as the series attracted more racers it became harder to win and you realized you were not the fast guy anymore. As TCS evolved and it became tougher to compete. At that point it became easier to bash the series than to lose. How am I doing so far?

I for one would suggest supporting a thread where your vast knowledge is appreciated for the RC genius it provides. As someone who has supported the TCS series for more than a decade for the competition, camaraderie and enjoyment it provides...may I suggest you move to explore a thread where your pessimism may have value.

I'm not a big fan of reality shows...but it would be interesting to see how many of the thread dwellers would "vote you off the island".

A big thanks to Fred/Tamiya for getting the rules package out early, looking forward to another entertaining year!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by madjack
Ahhh Nova, your genius is always so valuable. Tell us oh wise one, what is your chassis/class/series of choice these days? I need to know, because I can't make it through my day without your constant barrage of anti TCS banter. Based solely on the content of your posts from what I can tell you appear to spend your days lurking on the TCS thread with the hopes of being able to "advise" the lowly TCS racers what a lame series it is. That must get boring...and yet you always return to the thread?

For the MORONS amongst us, please tell us oh god of RC racing just how many TCS F1 podiums you have achieved? My guess is less than 2. Did your TCS evolution go something like this? You tried TCS, it was new, entertaining and you had probably had some initial success. But alas, as the series attracted more racers it became harder to win and you realized you were not the fast guy anymore. As TCS evolved and it became tougher to compete. At that point it became easier to bash the series than to lose. How am I doing so far?

I for one would suggest supporting a thread where your vast knowledge is appreciated for the RC genius it provides. As someone who has supported the TCS series for more than a decade for the competition, camaraderie and enjoyment it provides...may I suggest you move to explore a thread where your pessimism may have value.

I'm not a big fan of reality shows...but it would be interesting to see how many of the thread dwellers would "vote you off the island".

A big thanks to Fred/Tamiya for getting the rules package out early, looking forward to another entertaining year!
+1

in the ghetto.. pessimistic people are called "haters". stop hatin!

(i wish i was this eloquent... i would have just started flaming left and right. )
Old 10-29-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack

After reading your reply I had a good laugh. I have run the TCS F1 class, even went to 4 races one year.. Nope, never made the A podiums but then again I look at RC as a hobby. I've helped setup 3 F201 cars that did win TCS racers so I do have a clue about the class. I've modified my 3Racing chassis so I can get a brushless motor with LIPO and 64P gearing that will wipe out any F1 car Tamiya has... Do/did you ever run the F201 class?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
+1

in the ghetto.. pessimistic people are called "haters". stop hatin!

(i wish i was this eloquent... i would have just started flaming left and right. )
eloquent...wow, thanks Chris. I must say eloquent is not the word I generally hear people use to discribe me
Old 10-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
considering this is the internet.. i wouldnt go around using the "flaming" ( ) icon. doesnt exactly communicate sarcasm you want sarcasm.. add some or some...

my posts always have in it. so people know im joking. and it is getting old with people just whining and whining about the Series. just shut up and race. be thankful the series is still going on with the bad economy and all. (i had to throw in a "bad economy" reference in there.)
Iwasbeingsarcarstic

Thanks Tamiya for getting the rules out early.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
After reading your reply I had a good laugh. I have run the TCS F1 class, even went to 4 races one year.. Nope, never made the A podiums but then again I look at RC as a hobby. I've helped setup 3 F201 cars that did win TCS racers so I do have a clue about the class. I've modified my 3Racing chassis so I can get a brushless motor with LIPO and 64P gearing that will wipe out any F1 car Tamiya has... Do/did you ever run the F201 class?
I ran the 201, never quite got the hang of it till it wasnt a TCS class anymore. But did I give up TCS?hell no! TCS used to come to my town, they stopped coming, did I quit? hell no. I found the races that are as close to my home as possible and I go to as many as I can. You are bitter because you dont have a race within a few miles of your home, you feel slighted because Tamiya changed their product and race offerings and they didn't fit you.GET OVER IT!!!!!!
I have won races in TCS I have made the A at the nats, and I have won multiple concourses as well as finishing on the podium multiple times. I cant always win, and these days it is harder than ever to make the A even at a regional. But am I going to quit? HELL NO!!!!! I do TCS for more than trophies or free kits . I have talked to people who know you and have been around you You are the guy that no one wants to hang with at the track , because you are a pain in the a$$
Old 10-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Hawk6
Iwasbeingsarcarstic

Thanks Tamiya for getting the rules out early.
thats what im talking about. now you dont sound like some of the others in this thread.

come to think about it. they need a "sarcasm" icon. mah engrish no gewd.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I ran the 201, never quite got the hang of it till it wasnt a TCS class anymore. But did I give up TCS?hell no! TCS used to come to my town, they stopped coming, did I quit? hell no. I found the races that are as close to my home as possible and I go to as many as I can. You are bitter because you dont have a race within a few miles of your home, you feel slighted because Tamiya changed their product and race offerings and they didn't fit you.GET OVER IT!!!!!!
I have won races in TCS I have made the A at the nats, and I have won multiple concourses as well as finishing on the podium multiple times. I cant always win, and these days it is harder than ever to make the A even at a regional. But am I going to quit? HELL NO!!!!! I do TCS for more than trophies or free kits . I have talked to people who know you and have been around you You are the guy that no one wants to hang with at the track , because you are a pain in the a$$
madjack.. this is how i would have posted. so compared to yours.. yes you are eloquent.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

I have a strait forward question for anyone at Tamiya. Why are 19 turn and 13.5 being lumped together when 19 turn has such a decisive performance advantage?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.