Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

the races are still free right?
Old 10-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by Potato
Open mod mini!!
I suppose if the mini racer were brave they could opt for the mod, but I think anything past 13.5 would present a serious risk to gear box internals :

Given the rumored motors that showed up last year at a few TCS events (that did not have an RPM rule) this Mini GT motor change would let the rest of us keep up with the motor guru's.

Last edited by madjack; 10-28-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There's no way I'm investing in a brushless setup in a $100 mini. Lets just run a sport tuned black can and all run a 18 tooth. Only problem there is the 03 and 04 kits have different ratios. Then either we sepperate the front wheel and rear wheel drives or figure out how to gear them accordingly. Okay, I understand that I wouldn't need a TC spec speedo. The truth is I like mini because I can use my old brushed speedos in them. Go BL and forget about me running them.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Cool

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
There's no way I'm investing in a brushless setup in a $100 mini. Lets just run a sport tuned black can and all run a 18 tooth. Only problem there is the 03 and 04 kits have different ratios. Then either we sepperate the front wheel and rear wheel drives or figure out how to gear them accordingly. Okay, I understand that I wouldn't need a TC spec speedo. The truth is I like mini because I can use my old brushed speedos in them. Go BL and forget about me running them.
Just my thoughts regarding the rumored additional Mini GT class.

No need to buy a BL ESC, just slap in a brushed motor 19T, 23t, 27T, whatever... because beyond a black can, you can't really put down much more power with Tamiya TCS legal tires

just my .02
Old 10-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The nerve of Tamiya trying to impose their will on the series like this. Who do they think they are? They think they can just make up these rules every year, post them on their website, with no voting from people on this thread. It's ridululous.

All this BS starting a few years ago when Fred started skimming some cash from the entry fees. Remember that photo from a couple years ago of him and that blond babe? He could have only bought a babe like that. And where did he get the cash? From pocketing our entry fees.

They think they can shut us all up by getting the rules out in October so we have time to buy and practice and even put things on our Christmas lists, and by adding that F1 class that so many people have been begging for, and by allowing brushed motors, brushless motors, and silver cans - basically something for everyone. But don't let all that fool you. They are trying to take over this racing series, heck, they act like they own it already.

Not only that, they continue to insist on "Tamiya only". I can just picture Fred in his posh Tamiya headquarters grinning ear to ear and bragging how a Tamiya car has won every single race in this series for the past 14 years. First Tamiya takes over the TCS, then Toyota takes over NASCAR. Doesn't anyone else see that??? Coincidence? I don't think so.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Old 10-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hawk6
The nerve of Tamiya trying to impose their will on the series like this. Who do they think they are? They think they can just make up these rules every year, post them on their website, with no voting from people on this thread. It's ridululous.

All this BS starting a few years ago when Fred started skimming some cash from the entry fees. Remember that photo from a couple years ago of him and that blond babe? He could have only bought a babe like that. And where did he get the cash? From pocketing our entry fees.

They think they can shut us all up by getting the rules out in October so we have time to buy and practice and even put things on our Christmas lists, and by adding that F1 class that so many people have been begging for, and by allowing brushed motors, brushless motors, and silver cans - basically something for everyone. But don't let all that fool you. They are trying to take over this racing series, heck, they act like they own it already.

Not only that, they continue to insist on "Tamiya only". I can just picture Fred in his posh Tamiya headquarters grinning ear to ear and bragging how a Tamiya car has won every single race in this series for the past 14 years. First Tamiya takes over the TCS, then Toyota takes over NASCAR. Doesn't anyone else see that??? Coincidence? I don't think so.
proof
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-img_8376.jpg  
Old 10-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default 2009 TCS RULES

KUDOUS TO FRED AND THE TAMIYA USA CREW FOR GETTING THE RULES OUT SO SOON!!
ALL THE CLASSES ARE AWESOME, REALLY NEAT TO SEE THE F103'S COMING BACK AND THE 540 J SILVER CANS BACK IN MANY CLASSES. THE FOAM TIRE THING FOR F1 IS REALLY TAMIYA'S ONLY CHOICE? THE OLD RUBBER F1 TIRES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE. CAN'T WAIT TO RUN THE F1'S ON CARPET AT SCOTTY'S AND MAYBE SIR IF THEY ELECT TO RUN CARPET THIS COMING YEAR? WHAT REALLY GOING TO BE COOL IS F1'S AT NORCAL ON THAT AWESOME BILLARD SMOOTH ASPHALT TRACK IN NORTHERN CA.

THE F013'S ARE GOING TO FLY WITH 2400 LIPOS TUNED 540J'S "NO WEIGHT LIMIT" WITH FOAMS IT CAN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT!!!

YOU WATCH F1 WILL BECOME THE DOMANT CLASS BY THE END OF THE YEAR?
LOW COST FUN AND FAST RACING!!
SH.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If this is what he gets from our FREE entries....

I would be interested to see his throne if he charged us $$.

errr 2nd thought maybe not.

he is too much of a maniac. . .
Old 10-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I may be mistaken but isn't the Mini GT class the 1/12 scale Tamtech Porsches and Ferraris?

I think that is why it is a to be determined class.

I think the class was run at Nationals as an extra class.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
I realize that you can't run an F103gt, but can you run the f103gt chassis?
The F-1 front wings will not mount up to the F-103GT Chassis without modifications (chassis or wing mods are against the rules). Also, the chassis plate is too wide in the front and will look very odd. Just buy a chassis plate, rear dif and hubs, front steering blocks (uprights) and a body and wing set and wheels and tires if you want to spend alot, or just buy a complete kit with body and save $$'s.

Tamiay F-1 Foam only (see p/n list) if you read the rules. For those that never ran Tamiya F-1 foam, truing is not required, tires are not glued but taped on and they wear like iron.

This will be a very large class............ I recall 40 F-103 cars running at Nationals in past years. No reason it won't be the same soon.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

wow.. you are smoking some serious CRACK my friend..

btw Einstein... its called T.C.S.... the "T" stands for tamiya. they can do anything they want with the series. it's THEIR series. ANYTHING. oh yah... there are no entry fees for ANY TCS race.

- Chris Lim
Old 10-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe hes just hung. If not , perhaps they should hang him.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hebiki

btw Einstein... its called T.C.S.... the "T" stands for tamiya. they can do anything they want with the series. it's THEIR series. ANYTHING. oh yah... there are no entry fees for ANY TCS race.

- Chris Lim
He was being sarcastic!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hebiki

- Chris Lim
Uh Chris, do ya think he knew that and that just maybe his post was entirely comedic?..............Nawww let's jut hang the bastard!!!!!!! Oh and Fred if that's your girlfriend you must be skimming from somewhere........keep it up bro she's worth it!!!!1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.