Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ok will do...thanks
Old 07-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

403, what is the track like? Smooth, or rough and abrasive?

I went with the TRF blue ano'd shocks all around. I also started with medium (black) sway bars all around, and I later removed the front swaybar to ease my tightness upon entering a corner. I also used Corally TC-2 "Jack the Gripper" traction compound. It's odorless and works very well.

In the front, I used Trinity 60 wt. oil with 3-hole teflon pistons and 4 3mm O-rings (to take out droop). I also used the blue springs up front. I set the shock length at 56.5 mm.

In the rear, I went with 40 wt. oil, 3-hole teflon pistons, and again, 4 3mm O-rings to take out droop. Yellow springs were used out back. Again, shock length was set at 56.5 mm.

For tires, I used Type-A slicks in the rear with Tamiya 53255 (hard) sponge inserts (ATTN: Glue ends together before putting in the tire). I also used the M-chassis reinforced wheels.

For the front tires, I also used Type-A slicks, and I double stuffed them with Tamiya 24mm black molded inserts cut, trimmed, and taped around the diameter of the wheel (make sure they do not hang over where the bead of the tire sits, or the tire will not seat correctly). Again, Tamiya 53255 sponge inserts were used (and again, make sure you glue the ends together, or you will have a very lumpy and uneven tire).

I decided to go with the stiffer (53255) inserts over the blue ones mentioned in the article (50686) because they offered more support, and did not feel as soft when the tires were mounted on the rim.

Difuser is right about the universals and aluminum knuckles, I would high suggest them. The stock dogbones are not as efficient as the universals, and the stock knuckles are about as impact resistant as a slice of swiss cheese.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

Old 07-26-2004, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default TCS Maryland Results

Results for TCS in Maryland :
www.hobbyworks.com

Casey

check out the speeds, we converted the speeds to scale !!
Old 07-26-2004, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Zillion right on for set-up lighten the oil a touch and the turn-in will be good. Try a 50D shaped insert in the rear though it has a huge airgap but the car turns in due to carcass flex but then locks in through the turn. The downside is rear tire wear. you "bead" them out pretty quickly. For the insert I do it backwards a 24mm insert will seat along the inside of the carcass without trimming. then run the kit foam trimmed inside of that. Either way it fills the tire up and that is the 03 "secret". Oh the bullet connectors help too.

Zillon got a name?

403 this a good starting point for Burien if you don't have the alu shocks just up the front oil to 70-80wt and leave the rear around 30-40. Use the large hole black piston. that comes with the shock.

Hardly anyone runs the bars here. the track will hold them just noone runs them.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah, my name's Zack. Took 3rd and TQ out at the TCS race at RCO in Mini early this spring.

I stick with the bullet connectors because I run the ORL2 Mini Spec Class in the summer and winter. Otherwise, I would have changed them out a LONG time ago.

Check it out: http://www.outlawracingleague.com/orl2main.html

Looks like the Laurel race went off pretty well... unfortunately, I couldn't make it down. Gotta wait for RCO again!

Last edited by Zillon; 07-26-2004 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Madjack, im me your e-mail address, I have some pan car photos I know you want to see
Old 07-26-2004, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Zack looks good we gonna see you at the Finals then?

Just giving you a ration on the plugs.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Looks like the Hickmans did it again. These guys are unstopable.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Difuser
Zack looks good we gonna see you at the Finals then?

Just giving you a ration on the plugs.
If there was a way for me to get to California... I'd already be there.

But sadly, no. I'd love to go though.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Neil-
Bruce and Steve were indeed their usual quick-n-smooth selves. However,Todd Marshall was right there as well. If the Main had been a little cleaner, the finish would have been much closer for all three of them.

Although...Bruce is awful good in traffic. The Nats is gonna be great!

Later
Doc
Old 07-27-2004, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just to let everyonr know, the PICS from our TCS race in MEMPHIS are up at WWW.MSRA-RACING.COM it's not all of them but sum.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by rccardr
Neil-
Bruce and Steve were indeed their usual quick-n-smooth selves. However,Todd Marshall was right there as well. If the Main had been a little cleaner, the finish would have been much closer for all three of them.

Although...Bruce is awful good in traffic. The Nats is gonna be great!

Later
Doc
I was marshalling and the second qual for Steve Hickman was something else. The car had at least 5 mph more speed on the straight.. It had to be the fastest motor there of any car, it seemed to be faster then the 19 turns that were running....
He better save that one for the Championship Main cause that car
was movin... In fact the cop that was giving stop sign tickets to everyone right next to the track wanted to give Hickman a ticket for excessive speeding!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure which motor he was running ( Trinity monster? ) but dam it was fast... and the fact he's one of the best drivers in RC racing does help a little...
Old 07-27-2004, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

hey Doc can you drop me you email adddy please.

[email protected]

Thanks, D
Old 07-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking Us too??

Originally posted by Difuser
Come by see me Sat AM at TCS and I will help you set up the car. I'll show you the build on the tires also on sat am.
Mr. D... does this apply for us TAOB'ers at Nats?
Old 07-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Sure be glad too. I'll know for sure on Thursday if I get good news from the Doctors(Not Doc) then I will be down.

Just bring Rockstar not for me but for Rod so we can keep him jittery. Or is that withhold the Rockstar from Rod so he brainfades?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.