Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 10-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oh I follow the thread man. I was just saying .. and I'm goad they reinstated the "real" F1 cars. Of course I'm gonna have to do a Mansel/Williams.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by westerdude42
Wow, it's my opinion that a well built 19 turn will blow away a 13.5. Anyone who can afford a 416 or a 415, probably also has a brushless system. Why not just make the class 13.5. All other major race programs have phased out the rebuildable brushed motors. Basically this rule makes you rebuy a lathe and other outdated equiptment to be competative in one class. Why are we trying to reinvent the wheel here. My 2 pennies say GT1 13.5 GT2 17.5 GT3 silver can. These are the motors being run for club racing so you'll have no problems with availability and the drivers are used to the speeds which will make for better racing.
I totally agree! This is a great suggestion and will make racing and teching much easier.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:53 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Do the rules for F1 exclude the F103gt chassis?
Old 10-28-2008, 11:01 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

F103 with F1 bodies only, no F103GT.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:07 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I realize that you can't run an F103gt, but can you run the f103gt chassis?
Old 10-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Wow, it's my opinion that a well built 19 turn will blow away a 13.5. Anyone who can afford a 416 or a 415, probably also has a brushless system. Why not just make the class 13.5. All other major race programs have phased out the rebuildable brushed motors. Basically this rule makes you rebuy a lathe and other outdated equiptment to be competative in one class. Why are we trying to reinvent the wheel here. My 2 pennies say GT1 13.5 GT2 17.5 GT3 silver can. These are the motors being run for club racing so you'll have no problems with availability and the drivers are used to the speeds which will make for better racing.
Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
I totally agree! This is a great suggestion and will make racing and teching much easier.
wester... taro... can you TWO honestly tell me you guys are going to run BRUSHED? you guys are gonna buy brushes... break out our comm lathe... CUT the comm after every round. break it in?

i know both of you guys personally... and you guys are about as lazy as me. so i dont think the 19T motor inclusion is a problem. is it?

where's my cheese... lots of whining in here. once you guys start racing.. everyone will be happy and enjoy life once again.

one more time.. with everyone blaming the economy (my driving sucks because the economy is bad! ) im just glad i have a series to race next year. foam, rubber, brushed, BL, nimh... lipo.... TCS racing helps me keep my sanity.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:49 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

well you wont get new folks coming in when they see guying blowin wads on new tires just for that race. something is wrong w/the system when people cant get more than 1 run outta new set of b3s on a silver can racer

R
Old 10-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
well you wont get new folks coming in when they see guying blowin wads on new tires just for that race. something is wrong w/the system when people cant get more than 1 run outta new set of b3s on a silver can racer

R
who's not getting more than 1 run out of B3s? i can get 20 runs out of them. does it mean ill do it during a race? NO. because i want to win, i'll run a new set every round.

oh yah.. i almost forgot.. Tamiya employees like getting paid. so they wont put a cap on tires.

Last edited by Hebiki; 10-28-2008 at 11:57 AM. Reason: correct engrish. lol
Old 10-28-2008, 12:03 PM

for reference on tire wear : ask any1 who ran maryland TCS. good day to sell tires, bad day for buyin em

R
Old 10-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are B3 tires that good new and that bad after one run? Maybe there should be a 2 set of tires rule . Toy cars gentlemen. Not he who has the most toys wins...
Old 10-28-2008, 12:34 PM

they lost 1sec on 2nd run. they were low on grip to begin with and heated up. the 2nd run they would not make it thru without showing foam.

same track that folks can go 4wks on jaco blues with. 10-run blues were also 1/2sec-3/4sec faster than the best days of a b3.

and yes some tamiya junkies loaded on tires b4 they got there (thus online and store stocks were down), and the dozen or so sets in the shop that were all that the store could bring in b4hand were swiped before raceday after what folks saw happening the day before at the club race (warmup race). so if you came with 1 set of b3 to their great repaved parking lot track that they run on every wk, u were either sittin out the 2nd heat and not practicin or sittin out the main b/c u were outta tire and showin foams.

think its sad that some folks knew this would happen and came with sets for each run, no 2nd runs at all. more sad is that when they tossed em in the trash, not even the kids/club racers dove for em b/c they were not worth anything in the end.

to get people on board, let them bring over what they can from their club racing. folks shouldnt have to spend even a 100bux on tires they can only use for 1 race mtg, in addition knowing that they'll be junk afterwards. wanna stipulate ur tires at ur track for the nats. there's a great idea. hogtying club racers into a tire bill (on top of 1s they already have), just isnt right for growth. isnt TCS bout fun and getting folks out there for a good time. not people cranking can motors, chewin thru tires, cut throat racing, tryin to win a kit to sell off on ebay or at least skim a body from b4 u hand it to a kid.

R

ps- i didnt run b/c i couldnt afford a rash of tires for the event. so i handed off my car to a store employee who was able to score tires before the wkend off the shelf and run. it was still a big dent in his wallet even at employee price, goin so far to add that it was more than he spent all spring/summer for club racing.

Last edited by ultegrasti; 10-28-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hebiki
wester... taro... can you TWO honestly tell me you guys are going to run BRUSHED? you guys are gonna buy brushes... break out our comm lathe... CUT the comm after every round. break it in?

i know both of you guys personally... and you guys are about as lazy as me. so i dont think the 19T motor inclusion is a problem. is it?

where's my cheese... lots of whining in here. once you guys start racing.. everyone will be happy and enjoy life once again.

one more time.. with everyone blaming the economy (my driving sucks because the economy is bad! ) im just glad i have a series to race next year. foam, rubber, brushed, BL, nimh... lipo.... TCS racing helps me keep my sanity.
I'd just skip the class. Do you really want to run a class whre the brushless guys have no chance? You give Jeff, Anthony or Kody a well built 19turn and the 13.5 guys are B main at best. Brushed motors are a thing of the past and we shouldn't give them a competative advantage just to appease a few people who can't let go. If you're gonna allow 19turn then you should just go back to 10.5.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Lord

I'd just skip the class. Do you really want to run a class whre the brushless guys have no chance? You give Jeff, Anthony or Kody a well built 19turn and the 13.5 guys are B main at best. Brushed motors are a thing of the past and we shouldn't give them a competative advantage just to appease a few people who can't let go. If you're gonna allow 19turn then you should just go back to 10.5.
hehe.. ask kuney.. last i checked at tamiya i had him covered on motor. but then again it was 10.5 you have a good point. i guess its time to call up EA again.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

It's awesome that they can get the rules out so soon. Now let's see the schedule
Old 10-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
they lost 1sec on 2nd run. they were low on grip to begin with and heated up. the 2nd run they would not make it thru without showing foam.

same track that folks can go 4wks on jaco blues with. 10-run blues were also 1/2sec-3/4sec faster than the best days of a b3.

and yes some tamiya junkies loaded on tires b4 they got there (thus online and store stocks were down), and the dozen or so sets in the shop that were all that the store could bring in b4hand were swiped before raceday after what folks saw happening the day before at the club race (warmup race). so if you came with 1 set of b3 to their great repaved parking lot track that they run on every wk, u were either sittin out the 2nd heat and not practicin or sittin out the main b/c u were outta tire and showin foams.

think its sad that some folks knew this would happen and came with sets for each run, no 2nd runs at all. more sad is that when they tossed em in the trash, not even the kids/club racers dove for em b/c they were not worth anything in the end.

to get people on board, let them bring over what they can from their club racing. folks shouldnt have to spend even a 100bux on tires they can only use for 1 race mtg, in addition knowing that they'll be junk afterwards. wanna stipulate ur tires at ur track for the nats. there's a great idea. hogtying club racers into a tire bill (on top of 1s they already have), just isnt right for growth. isnt TCS bout fun and getting folks out there for a good time. not people cranking can motors, chewin thru tires, cut throat racing, tryin to win a kit to sell off on ebay or at least skim a body from b4 u hand it to a kid.

R

ps- i didnt run b/c i couldnt afford a rash of tires for the event. so i handed off my car to a store employee who was able to score tires before the wkend off the shelf and run. it was still a big dent in his wallet even at employee price, goin so far to add that it was more than he spent all spring/summer for club racing.
showing foam on the second run? what are you guys racing on ... rumble strips?

the tamiya track is pretty abrasive. your track must be worse?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.