Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 09-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by subaru73
Here is something else to throw out there.How about the price of tires,wheels,and inserts?Even at the regional races you need to have so many sets of tires to be competitve and heaven forbid at nationals.I know it would be hard to figure out a spec tire package but it be worth looking into.The average racer probably doe not have the funds to have 5+ sets of tires.This may open a can of worms and people may not agree but it is worth looking into.Just my 2 cents.
At the regionals it is not as big of a factor than the Nationals.
For the Nats I would be in favor of 3 sets that you would check in on Sat Morning, mainly for the sedan classes. It would bring a new twist and would help reduce the costs of the event. It has been an issue for years unfortunately the nats is not an average race. . .

Anybody notice how mucho more expensive the newer bodies are?
Old 09-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by madjack
cheater dan...
he had magnets in his tires. . .
Old 09-24-2008, 03:54 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

240Z - I would suggest more promotion at the local and national level for regional races. I know many of these things are costly. Tamiya has not come to the Hobby Show in Chicago the last two or three years. That would help and I don't know if they're going to be there next month. Strictly, from a racing stand point I think they could adjust their requirements for stores to hold TCS races. I have said this before and some people disagree, but they could have a low budget class restricting hop-ups. I think it's worth a try. I would suggest a low budget mini class since they are very reasonable and popular. Although, off road racing is very popular and Tamiya makes some very good inexpensive 4wd buggies. I know advertising and the hobby show are costly. Holding more TCS races in big cities areas might help and if they let local TCS veterans run tech it could hold the costs down. I know costs are the big issue.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Doc
That would indeed get more people involved....

What if the top twenty in each class VOTED for the winner of the trip to japan for that class. Votes could be cast after the mains, and before the trophy presentation. Oh, and there's a little twist.... you CAN'T VOTE FOR YOURSELF.

what's the phrase?? "the tribe has spoken -- it's time for you to go!!"
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TCS RANKING SYSTEM???

Since F1 is coming back why don't we have a TCS National Championship which translate into a points system which accumulates just like the FIA does in F! 10 pts, for 1st 8 pts for 2nd etc,etc,etc, thru 8Th place and extra points for TQ in each class?? That will get some of the LOCAL PROFFESSIONALS that like to go only to there local home track that they have been running pack after pack and 100,000 laps at and get them to attend some other races around the USA??? After all that would be a true North American Champion not based on just 1 National race it would award a consistent top podium winner the title of TCS CHAMPION????
JUST THINKING WITHOUT PREPERATION H????

I hope that stirs it up a little?
SH
Old 09-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

?? ??? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ???? ??? ???? ???
OK, it's intervention time Steve-O. We love ya, bro, but just......step away from the ? key.

Now, I'm sure that feels much better...
Old 09-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Lets see know......

Dan had to have cheated, because fast people always cheat. And if you want to relllay mees with him at SIR, drive next to him with a Nemo fish ball on the end of your radio antenna. He will lose it within three laps.

Steve H has way to many airline miles. Good idea on the National Series. However, I want to get the "Ferrari Treatment" anytime there is a protest lodged for or agisnt me.

240Z's idea on getting more local invlovemnet. What about us racers passing on the 3 or 4 kits given away as prizes in the raffle and have a special class where you get 3-4 or 4-5 local high schools to have a "build and test" project like what has been done in drag racing. The schools / teams each get a base Tamiya TT-01 kit that has the stock Tamiya esc and motor. Give them an extra set of tires so they have to build and test the car at the local track and get to paint the body their school colors and then they race in a class of thier own at the Tamiya regional. Think of the school pride and the extra spectators it would generate plus possible extra new competitors. The local track may even want to donate some stuff to the teams as it may bring in more customers to them.

And for those of you who thought we had drama at our Nationals, just read the thread in Electric Forum from the TAC (Tamiya Asian Cup) 2008 Nationals in Malaysia. Make sure you have a full box of popcorn before starting though.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
Just found this little bit of humor......Looks like those who lose are always the first to claim cheat....Check the date yep 6yrs ago.....

slotsurfer10-02-2002, 10:35 PM
Usagi,
Are you going to the Tamiya world championships at the Tamiya factory?Watch the mini class the USA winner Dan Garber lapped the pack in the A main.His car is a M04 honda 2000.What blew me away is he passed tech how can you lap a whole field and be running the same silver can motor as everybody else.Maybe he got lucky and got the best motor.All the guys in the A main are Tamiya track locals and are fast.
Dan... it's not too late to give back your prize and correct everything! (Sorry, that really cracked me up... )
Old 09-24-2008, 06:59 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Kevin CBR - The schools are a vast untapped resource for the hobby industry.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

cheater dan...
LMAO...Dan shame on you!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Hear the cracking?
Thats me climbing out on the limb
I say that F1 will make a triumphant return and be the biggest and most competitive class. And isn't it about time?
I like sedan, but F1 is it in my book
I do wish they would re-issue the rubber tires or design some new ones, but I will take F1 foam or rubber
My big question is when will we start seeing parts and hop ups in stock?
I have 2 chassis waiting for new goodies
That must be one strong-a$$ limb...

Agree though, F1 on Rubber tires was when the class was at its best. No roll-out woes, no tire truers, and no cheater tires!

cheater dan...
No, technically he's still a cherry picker
Old 09-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Kevin just cut the chicanes......

Gary I could not possibly be the Cherry picker my wife had dealt with that long before I was in the picture.... I have remodeled quite a bit since I have been there though.....

Also I get to race with Chen Hwa now, you don't...... Love ya buddy
Old 09-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Agree though, F1 on Rubber tires was when the class was at its best. No roll-out woes, no tire truers.
Unfortunately foams are what they gave us, I plan on giving the car a go anyhow, but like you I would greatly prefer the class go back to rubber tires.

Mark
Old 09-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Lets see know......
What about us racers passing on the 3 or 4 kits given away as prizes in the raffle and have a special class where you get 3-4 or 4-5 local high schools to have a "build and test" project like what has been done in drag racing. The schools / teams each get a base Tamiya TT-01 kit that has the stock Tamiya esc and motor. Give them an extra set of tires so they have to build and test the car at the local track and get to paint the body their school colors and then they race in a class of thier own at the Tamiya regional. Think of the school pride and the extra spectators it would generate plus possible extra new competitors. The local track may even want to donate some stuff to the teams as it may bring in more customers to them.
Kevin/MD I like where you are going with this. It would be great to see an event where younger/newb RC teams and racers are developed. Hand out TT-01 kits to assemble and race in the same day sounds very cool. I don't think it would take much promotional work actually, just some flyers at the local hobby stores and a few phone calls to the schools and Boy Scout troops. A minimal entry fee would be required to weed out the freeloaders and offset the hardware cost to Tamiya. Limit the amount of teams to 10. Then it would mostly be a burden of man power to pull the thing off. With a group of helpful experienced local volunteers that are experienced racers like I have seen at the AV track, the cost of man power would be very low. I donít know if it could be integrated into a TCS event, but I know I would have died to have such an opportunity growing up. Without such an event to feed the TCS, TCS will continue into a downward spiral. What do you think?
Old 09-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mtveten
Unfortunately foams are what they gave us, I plan on giving the car a go anyhow, but like you I would greatly prefer the class go back to rubber tires.

Mark
True, but if I recall only the McLaren and the LeMans cars ever came with Rubber tires. Everyone else HAD to toss the kit tires in favor of rubber tires. And I am fine with doing that to run some F1 again.

Brad, I am looking for some old parts. Let me know if you have any stuff you're looking to get rid of.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:07 PM
MD
Tech Champion

240Z- I am not sure how it would be done, but to give one example of how another company does it. For promotional events Traaxas sends out a set Rustlers or Slahes for hobby shops to use in a promotional event, local fairs or festivals. The hobby shop set ups a small track and kids and adults, mostly kids, can drive them. However, the key is that some Traxxas vehicles have a practice setting on the speed controls so they are difficult to break. I think Tamiya could do the same with some of their cars. If the speed controls are not adjustable then all you do is replace broken parts and servos. So, if you had school groups, Scouts, etc. racing against each other you hand out awards for the winning team.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.