Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 09-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by linger
I'm assuming that a larger axle through the magnet means less magnet material overall. It's probably a much smaller difference than the overall magnet diameter.
it will increase the magnet size without adding wieght to the overall rotor.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
I would kill for a real Open Rubber T/C class.
Problem is, there arent enough comperable racers that can handle that kind of power. Some NOOB comes along thinkin' he can hang and distroys all his stuff (and maybe even some of yours too) try'n to keep up. I would rather have more racers in one class then five guys in each . Furthermore and thank GOD for the TCS Races, most of the so called fast guys are using foam on their touring cars. I seem to recall some quote: "The higher, the fewer." Where as I perfer this one: "The more, the merrier." And I hope I spelled that right. >lol< Ever wonder why there is only a handfull of Champions in that class? Just wrap that one around your brain for a bit.
Being as I have had enough internet drama over on another forum for one night I will try to keep it short.
First I would like to welcome John, our local spelling bee champion to the party Whazzzzzuppp Johnny Boy!!!!
Ball busting aside, I agree with what he is saying. I would rather have bigger classes with closer racing, than a fast lap exhibition run with 2 guys checking out on the field.
At the risk of ridicule, the night I put a 10.5 in my car, I could barely hang on to the SOB, now granted I switched to brushless in between heats, so there was no test time to get used to it, but the thing was damn near wheelieing down the front straight. I can only imagine what the lower winds feel like. IMO most of the indoor tracks are too small to really use that power anyways. The Tamiya track is a different animal, and I think what people are talking about is for a handful of the regionals
Old 09-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow! Some one finally understood me ...
Old 09-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
I would kill for a real Open Rubber T/C class.
Problem is, there arent enough comperable racers that can handle that kind of power. Some NOOB comes along thinkin' he can hang and distroys all his stuff (and maybe even some of yours too) try'n to keep up. I would rather have more racers in one class then five guys in each . Furthermore and thank GOD for the TCS Races, most of the so called fast guys are using foam on their touring cars. I seem to recall some quote: "The higher, the fewer." Where as I perfer this one: "The more, the merrier." And I hope I spelled that right. >lol< Ever wonder why there is only a handfull of Champions in that class? Just wrap that one around your brain for a bit.
Here's something to wrap back and ponder. TCS in 2004 and earlier was Open Mod. Class size for GT-1 back then was good, maybe even larger than today. In addition, I have seen more cars get broken by an out of control noob in stock class than open mod or even 10.5 class. The whole idea is tossing ideas for 2009 and since Ling posted on this thread that Tamiya is going to sell a "Tamiya branded" 3.5, 6.5 and 7.5T brushless system, then why not through the idea out ?

Another idea for 2009 based on the 2008 Nats. F103GT had a good turnout (I believe about 15-16 entrants). Now, if allowed to run one class only at the Nats, and not a "secondary", this class would have been lucky to see maybe five entrants. If Tamiya continues to allow 2 classes per entrant only for regionals, then possibly consider making a "primary" class list (GT-1, GT-2, GT-3 and mini) and let the "secondary" class be a second list of say off-road, F103GT and F103. As for "Spec" class, that is Tamiya's nice name for rookie class. Anyone running rookie should not be allowed to run in any other class. After all, they are supposed to be a rookie. If the rules were this way, I would support F103GT or F103 as my second class. As it is, most sedan drivers will run there two classes as any combo of GT-1 thru 3 or mini and less chance to see the F103, F103GT or off raod classes fully supported. Remember, back in it's hey day of big fields, F103 was also a trip winning class. Make it just a "fun" class with no Japan trip end of year and less people will be interested to run and support the class.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I think we should give away the trips to Japan via the raffle. That way newbies and people who aren't prepared will have an equal chance to win against those who practice and prepare for the race. That would get a LOT more people involved in TCS.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My crystal ball is a bit fuzzy right now, but I would anticipate the F103 (F-1 cars) next year will be a Japan trip class (primary) and will not be eligible as a second class. Now F-103GT makes a great second class.

But you all know I have been wrong many times before.....

Marty
Old 09-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesArluck
I think we should give away the trips to Japan via the raffle. That way newbies and people who aren't prepared will have an equal chance to win against those who practice and prepare for the race. That would get a LOT more people involved in TCS.
hey #2,

I think your chance of winning the japan trip is better with the raffle.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Me too, that's why I suggested it..
Old 09-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 414MPH
My crystal ball is a bit fuzzy right now, but I would anticipate the F103 (F-1 cars) next year will be a Japan trip class (primary) and will not be eligible as a second class. Now F-103GT makes a great second class.

But you all know I have been wrong many times before.....

Marty
Hear the cracking?
Thats me climbing out on the limb
I say that F1 will make a triumphant return and be the biggest and most competitive class. And isn't it about time?
I like sedan, but F1 is it in my book
I do wish they would re-issue the rubber tires or design some new ones, but I will take F1 foam or rubber
My big question is when will we start seeing parts and hop ups in stock?
I have 2 chassis waiting for new goodies
Old 09-24-2008, 04:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default TCS

Here is something else to throw out there.How about the price of tires,wheels,and inserts?Even at the regional races you need to have so many sets of tires to be competitve and heaven forbid at nationals.I know it would be hard to figure out a spec tire package but it be worth looking into.The average racer probably doe not have the funds to have 5+ sets of tires.This may open a can of worms and people may not agree but it is worth looking into.Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:08 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JamesArluck
That would indeed get more people involved....

What if the top twenty in each class VOTED for the winner of the trip to japan for that class. Votes could be cast after the mains, and before the trophy presentation. Oh, and there's a little twist.... you CAN'T VOTE FOR YOURSELF.

what's the phrase?? "the tribe has spoken -- it's time for you to go!!"
Old 09-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Doc
That would indeed get more people involved....

What if the top twenty in each class VOTED for the winner of the trip to japan for that class. Votes could be cast after the mains, and before the trophy presentation. Oh, and there's a little twist.... you CAN'T VOTE FOR YOURSELF.

what's the phrase?? "the tribe has spoken -- it's time for you to go!!"
can I vote for my alter-ego?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just found this little bit of humor......Looks like those who lose are always the first to claim cheat....Check the date yep 6yrs ago.....

slotsurfer10-02-2002, 10:35 PM
Usagi,
Are you going to the Tamiya world championships at the Tamiya factory?Watch the mini class the USA winner Dan Garber lapped the pack in the A main.His car is a M04 honda 2000.What blew me away is he passed tech how can you lap a whole field and be running the same silver can motor as everybody else.Maybe he got lucky and got the best motor.All the guys in the A main are Tamiya track locals and are fast.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
Just found this little bit of humor......Looks like those who lose are always the first to claim cheat....Check the date yep 6yrs ago.....

slotsurfer10-02-2002, 10:35 PM
Usagi,
Are you going to the Tamiya world championships at the Tamiya factory?Watch the mini class the USA winner Dan Garber lapped the pack in the A main.His car is a M04 honda 2000.What blew me away is he passed tech how can you lap a whole field and be running the same silver can motor as everybody else.Maybe he got lucky and got the best motor.All the guys in the A main are Tamiya track locals and are fast.
cheater dan...
Old 09-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here is verbatim copy (even with all the grammar and spelling errors) of what I can make out through the fog of my crystal ball.

“All indicators are that the much liked and appreciated TCS series will continue to see attendance declines in all classes. This trend will continue not so much due to the structure of the classes or questions of fairness, but due to the light promotion of the events. Financial fears and defaulted sub-prime mortgages taken against Tamiya products are also partially to blame.” I also saw a standard disclaimer about all claims subject to unforeseen events, your mileage will vary, que sara sara, etc…

I am talking about things like giving discount coupons to Boy Scout troops or anything that would bring people out of the wood work and make new life long hobbyists. I just don’t see that happening in an organized fashion. How about a prize for bringing in the most first time TCS drivers, or discounts for hobby shops selling cars that will be run in TCS? Tamiya always has a big booth at RCX, but I never see anything about TCS being mentioned at the event.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.