Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 09-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
Kevin CBR - I don't want to give anyone anything they don't earn. I've dealt with that attitude for many years as a coach. All the classes in the TCS are highly competitive and most people spend a good deal of money on equipment to participate. There are a lot of good drivers who own Tamiya products who don't participate because of the cost. If you want to keep the TCS for a restricted group of drivers that's fine. On road racing is diminishing while the success of a company like Traxxas shows the popularity of off road racing and off road vehicles. What Tamiya should probably be considering is the expansion of off road classes in the TCS. I think anything Tamiya can do to add participants will benefit the TCS and Tamiya. I think once you get people hooked in the TCS many will want to move into the higher levels racing. I applaud all the work, time and money TCS drivers put into their cars. I respect your opinion.
I think Fred & Tamiya should run a seperate TCS just for Off-Road so we off-roaders don't have to deal with crazy knit picking touring drivers with all their itty little bitty secrets and drama so we can have fun instead

I propose seven initial classes:
1. 4wd Mod 10.5
2. 4wd Stock 17.5
3. 2wd Mod 13.5
4. 2wd Stock 17.5
5. Vintage Mod 19T/13.5
6. Vintage Stock 27/17.5
7. Vintage Open (Tamiya/Mabuchi only)

That'll be fun!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 05:20 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm going to throw something out there that has not been mentioned yet. Forget about impound, forget about RPM limits, forget about cheater motors. Use a "break out" format!! Set a lap time and if someone runs faster than the set time, the lap does not count. It becomes a race that requires skill (avoiding wrecks) and consistency. I have raced at 5 or more tracks that use this format. It has been done with oval pan cars, F1, road course Legends, and 12th scale touring cars just to name a few.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Looks like the lap dance bill has come due!
Not very respectful there buddy.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hebiki
hehe.. grandpa you dont remember me huh? we've met before and in fact.. i used to chat with you a lot at socal

no need for last words. just friendly discussion of ideas for TCS
It's not that. Just don't know who the real Hebeki is.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Charlie, don't let it upset you. I'm sure he didn't have a clue as to who he was making his tasteless and unfunny remark about.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

More of a hit on him than you
Sorry for having a sense of humor
Old 09-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Granpa
Charlie, don't let it upset you. I'm sure he didn't have a clue as to who he was making his tasteless and unfunny remark about.
I was making the tasteless and unfunny remark at and about SirSwiftalot, who has numerous times talked about stripclubs and lapdances, so it has nothing to do with you or charlie b, so lighten up!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

I was making the tasteless and unfunny remark at and about SirSwiftalot, who has numerous times talked about stripclubs and lapdances, so it has nothing to do with you or charlie b, so lighten up!
First of, i have a sense of humor when it comes to funny things. This, however involved my woman in bad taste. I don't think you would appreciate any negative comments involving your lady so a simple apology would have been a better route. But since you didn't, there is nothing to lighten up about. I'm glad you can humor yourself on other people's behalf. Just remember it is fun and games until it happens to you.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just wanted to give a short update on the 17.5 I spoke of after Saturday racing on Sunday we raced at a small fast track and there were only three of us this was a good test there was one silver can, one red dot, and my brushless as I said before I'm still learning how to be fast on the track and I was running against my fast friend from the TCS and another very fast driver, Well they flat out kicked my butt lapped by both so in the next qualifier I let a past gas nation champion drive my car and he ran second to he fast TCS driver. The motor cam in at 85 degrees so I have no fear of my brushless melting down from stress! My guest shoe said he liked the motor but felt I had to loosen up the back of the car. I made the changes to the chassis and in the main they ran one of the cleanest races I have seen. Results brushless 17.5 with 20 tooth WINS! Niether of the other racers felt it was due to unfair motor advantage and they both want to switch to brushless because of ease of use and longevity.
I keep reading about people only using 2 silver cans a year and that blows my mind but I think I can say with confidence that you can go multiple seasons on a 17.5
Old 09-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

First of, i have a sense of humor when it comes to funny things. This, however involved my woman in bad taste. I don't think you would appreciate any negative comments involving your lady so a simple apology would have been a better route. But since you didn't, there is nothing to lighten up about. I'm glad you can humor yourself on other people's behalf. Just remember it is fun and games until it happens to you.
Dude, I dont know you or your "lady". And once again, it was directed at Brandon not you or your "lady". If you want an apology then sorry that you misunderstood the intention. Obviously there is more to the story than we really know and hopefully you will get it resolved.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by breakerczar
I'm going to throw something out there that has not been mentioned yet. Forget about impound, forget about RPM limits, forget about cheater motors. Use a "break out" format!! Set a lap time and if someone runs faster than the set time, the lap does not count. It becomes a race that requires skill (avoiding wrecks) and consistency. I have raced at 5 or more tracks that use this format. It has been done with oval pan cars, F1, road course Legends, and 12th scale touring cars just to name a few.
Sounds like you are not familiar with NHRA drag racing. There are local classes that run a "Dial In". You set what time you will run and you can not run over. So, if the fast guy can run a 15.0 lap, then you set the "break out" at 15.0 and some guy who could never run faster than a 16.5 with a legit motor can now run 15.2's with his tweaked motor.

RPM limits proved at the Aliso Regional that people could do some massaging to silver cans but that you still had to drive to win and not just bolt in a land missle. Problem is you have tracks like Aliso (Tamiya's track) and SIR and Trackside that supplying there own manpower that can tech motors. Most tracks don't so for those who keeping asking for their local tracks to keep getting races, get on them to have the people to do it.

Overall tech at the Nationals went well but it took a lot of staff. Then again, trips to Japan were at stake. Yes there were people who pushed the envelope (the mini guy with the magnet in his pocket working his motor under the table) but there are also stories blown out of proportion like a competitor who asked to borrow the bushing lube from his competitor next to himas motors were taken OUT of the cars after Q1 and was told no so it was suddenly assumed the person who siad no was doing something illegal. The rules at the start of the day were you could use your own cleaning materials and bushing drops. Those rules got changed after the complaints and accusations. Personally, I would not loan something like that to a person I am competing for a trip to Japan against either but then again, I would not be asking my competitor what all his chassis set-up's are either.

To me, let people do what they want and just use a simple RPM limit. Set the level at a reasonable limit. If you fail at any time, with your motor hot or cold, you fail. If you choose to push it that close to the edge and go over, then you pushed it too close and you are DQ'ed. That makes it black and white which is what you need in rules. At the Tamiya regional in March, the RPM limit was 15,000 RPM at 5.0 volts. The # 1 and #2 qualifers in GT-3 had motors just above 11,000 RPM so it shows that it is not necessary to push the limit to the max to win.

Last edited by Kevin CBR; 09-10-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Dude, I dont know you or your "lady". And once again, it was directed at Brandon not you or your "lady". If you want an apology then sorry that you misunderstood the intention. Obviously there is more to the story than we really know and hopefully you will get it resolved.
If it's any consolation, I understood the humor in the post and I knew it was 100% directed at SirSwiftAlot. Swifty probably has 100+ posts regarding his choice in entertainment. It was just unfortunate timing that you quoted after her post. No harm intended. Now how about a group hug!

But Swifty does appear to be MIA from RCtech.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
If it's any consolation, I understood the humor in the post and I knew it was 100% directed at SirSwiftAlot. Swifty probably has 100+ posts regarding his choice in entertainment. It was just unfortunate timing that you quoted after her post. No harm intended. Now how about a group hug!

But Swifty does appear to be MIA from RCtech.
So I have been a bit sleep deprived cuz of the twins, but I just figured out why this was an issue, and I owe cangel and charlie an apology, I swear I didn't realize it was a girl posting, as a matter of fact I just realized that I was dealing with 2 different people. I hope you are able to settle your business with Swifty, I don't know him well, but he doesn't seem like a bad guy either.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Geeeeeeeeeez everybody breathe! I think you all should have brawled it out in Cali!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Exclamation

, I swear I didn't realize it was a girl posting
YES!! I am female and with the name "CANGEL" it is completely obvious I am female, unless you know of a "male" who would go by the name CANGEL, or maybe you dont pay attention to who is posting. So I did find your remark very rude, extremely disrespectful and unnecessary. In the future please be cautious when you make such remarks, or in a sense think before you speak, especially if you are going to make a comment that could be viewed or interpreted in the wrong way. This is a family forum, viewed by all demographics including Women as well as children. So keep it clean. My post here was intended as a final attempt, to reach or be relayed to one particular individual who unfortunately has ignored all other forms of communication.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.