Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-22-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Saweet! Let us know what happens. If all else fails and our cars begin to handle the way mine did at the nats (hurting)...then lets make life difficult for the others (freddy flicks, guard rails, etc.)hehe j/k

New suspension? I don't know. They should be in sometime next month. I still haven't unpacked my gear and it'll have to wait as I am working on another car right now...something much smaller
Do I smell X-mod.

Win a nice new Acura maybe.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah, he's following the Garber "Cherry Picker" route now,
Old 07-22-2004, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Difuser
Hey Neil if you want Gary to lay off just ask how ChenHwa's doing
Oh and I'll say it for you Gary ---cherrypicker-- there feel better?
ChenHwa huh? So Gary, care to elaborate what he means?
Old 07-23-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Neil it was pretty cool watching the Northwest Airlines flights out of PDX just knowing that they were possibly heading to Narita.

I once had friend fly them over there he bounced through Hawaii first, said they had great service.

Old 07-23-2004, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
ChenHwa huh? So Gary, care to elaborate what he means?
I'd prefer not to, but I will anyways (despite what my therapist says)

Simon, set the Way-Back Machine to August 2001....

F103 A main, Chen Hwa Chen is TQ, Steve Hickman 2nd, I'm third. 1st A-Main Chen and I get off the line past Hickman and have a great battle for the first 2/3rds of the race. He went into the 180 after the sweeper just wide enough, I make a pass for the lead. A few laps later while trying too hard he crashes, I win A1. A2 is a blur to me, mostly because I was the human pin ball getting delivered by almost every car (I say almost because Chen Hwa never lapped me to hit me...), and Chen win's A2. At the start of A3, he pulls away from me a bit, but I get off clean and am in second. I chase him down like I did in A1, and get past him sooner. For the rest of the race we have an awesome battle. It was like Real F1 at Indy where he was trying to slip stream past me on the straight. Don't misunderstand either, he had motor from HELL, but my car was faster in the infield. With about 20 seconds to go I had about a 4 car length lead and we headed into the infield, turn left cleanly, but the right hand turn he hits the curbing. I see he car in the air and my first thought was OMG, he blew it, I am going to Japan! And then it happened. He crashed alright, right into my rear end, spinning me out. OK, I can handle that, but it's what happened next that eats at me. He cut the track over the green curbing past the keyhole and re-entered the track on the back left rear corner. He got Booed when he pulled that and during the awards ceremony something fearce. He ended up A3 with a margin of victory that matched what my lap time was on the 2nd to last lap vs what I had been turning. Some of the TT Locals claim he didn't cut the track, but I and others remember him doing it. And in that same year, a future Cherry Picking National Champion named Daniel Garber was in the B main of F1 if I remember right....Or did you suck it up in another class that year?

And I hope you feel better for reopening old wounds too....
Old 07-23-2004, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

I have some salt for that wound. Don't worry, it's powder it dissolves faster. Sorry to hear that happened to you, especially when so much is on the line.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah, it's as if I was already on the plane, feet up, seat back, drink with the little umbrella in my hand, and some asshole told the flight crew that I had a bomb in my suitcase and they threw my ass off the plane.....sigh
Old 07-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

So you still haven't answered the question Neil, what color car for KOH, roflmafo
Old 07-23-2004, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

No I raced GT2 that year had 3rd wrapped up and vented a cell with 30 sec to go dropped all the way to 6th.

Any preference on the mayo I can bring down to Nats for you Gary? I hear In and Out have a mayo special.

Dan CP Garber, just call me CP for short.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

CP, I swear I am going to kick you square in the jimmies...wait, too small, too hard to find (per Troy)...maybe I'll just aim for you with the front end of a Chevy
Old 07-23-2004, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Chevy's hurt but if you want to do real damage get some serious hardware.

Back to Nats now. Who are the favorites around Socal and out of town. Edgar and Corey drove well from what I asw at Roar anybody else out there in Socal.

Lets hear who else is the favorites for this year.

CP
Old 07-23-2004, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
So you still haven't answered the question Neil, what color car for KOH, roflmafo
Chrome, just like your cranium.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Difuser
Chevy's hurt but if you want to do real damage get some serious hardware.

Back to Nats now. Who are the favorites around Socal and out of town. Edgar and Corey drove well from what I asw at Roar anybody else out there in Socal.

Lets hear who else is the favorites for this year.

CP
I hear Rod is the favorite to destroy all you has beens.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Chrome, just like your cranium.
Ok there Mr. Funnyman.....

I dunno if he's coming, but I know Scotty feels he left something on the table last year.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

I hear Rod is the favorite to destroy all you has beens.
I also heard that certain has-beens are trying to mold the past chump rules into specs that suit their driving styles...I say, do what you want, you're all still going down!

Neil, I don't think Tamiya has a "Queen Amidala" paint scheme on any of their RTR's.

CP, we all know that there is no such thing as favorites at TCS races. The people who are most likely to win are the ones who end up choking the hardest. Sad but true boo hoo CB! There was talk of Edgar and Corey doing the "divide and conquer" thing by having one run GT1 and the other GT2 but neither know nothing of black (magic) can motors.

Gary, I heard that ChenHwa got deported or something like that. Like they wouldn't let him back into the country. His girlfriend comes by the track every now and then to see how everyone's doing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.