Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by over gear
now that TCS is finally over... who has a 416 for-sale cheap?

Or a mini
Old 08-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Back from 4 days in Vegas with the wife and daughter so time for the Thank You's for a great 2008 TCS season......

Tamiya - Fred and the crew, you did an awesome job with the Nats. You went out of your way to take the "motor magic" out of the equation. Yes driving skill and car set-up was what it took to win this years Nats and if you were there and went through tech, you have no doubts. From the Tamiya tech regulars Andrew, Gary, George and Brian, your time and efforts are appreciated. To Larry who missed the Nats but made many regular season events, good luck with your new company in China !

To my competitors all year in GT-2 and GT-3 - thanks for some great and close racing that pushed me harder to improve at each race. The ups from some weekends added to the donws of others is what racing is all about.

Chein-Hua and Anthony Fung - your help during the year with car set-up and your driving experience really paid off. Thanks for help putting me on the radar this year. Anthony, your wicked set-up on the F103GT made it fun to drive this car on rubber tires again. I am glad I cleaned off the dust from it's 8 month retirement on the "back" of the shelf.

Teresa, aka "Tigress" - thank you for your support, help and understanding all year on and off the track. You helped me gain confidence and calmness that made me a better person at the track both on the track and in the pits. You have definetly earned another years worth of "factory princess driver" status and I will dutifully have your car and equipment fully prepped and supported for your 2009 racing season.

Tony Tam - who could ask for a better team mate and best friend. From being "just competitiors" two years ago, I would not have had the solid performances in the A this year wiothout your help. From car set-up to testing sessions to pushing me on the track, anyone that knows me saw a big jump in my driving skills this last year. Since my first TCS in 2004, my goal has been to make the "big show" at the Nats. This year I finally did it. Making the A in GT-2 and finighing 6th overall plus 2nd overall in F103GT, I can't wait for next years racing season. In the mean time, it will be back out for practice runs to get you ready for Japan.

For anyone who does not know Tony Tam well or think his National win was not well deserved, then you do not know him. He would help people at the track with parts or a tip or too and was always donating product for raffle prizes. The two of us were I believe two of only four people that ran the TA05-IFS at the 2007 nationals. One long year of constant testing between the two of us at many different tracks not only put lots of driving time in but also got both our cars to handle as great as they did. With all the drama after Q1 on Saturday and the watchful eye of many as Tony's "brand new" second motor was installed for Q2 (and the motor was not installed by Tony either), he went on to run the only 20 lap run by any GT-2 car all weekend. That not only silenced the critics but I believe gained him more respect with a lot of people at the track. Respect earned. I look forward to cheering for Tony along with Steve and Dylan at this years World's in Japan and look forward to his help next year as a team mate and friend to help me move higher up in next years Nationals !

Last edited by Kevin CBR; 08-29-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Congratulations to all the winner and a special congrats to tony on what sounds to be a great overall weekend...
Old 08-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jeremym
congrats westerdude....especially since you couldn't get the live broadcast to work for you.
God I'm a homer, I just picked guys I know and that I've watched. Tony was fast up here at SIR so I figured I'd pick him for the double.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by over gear
now that TCS is finally over... who has a 416 for-sale cheap?
or a TA05R
Old 08-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Steve , arent you running TA05 in GT1 already.
I need some teamstrc parts for the CR-01 now.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. devenwhite
exactly, the people that knew how to set up a car had the fastest cars. Power had nothing to do with anything.

on that note replicas of dylan's car as well as my car are available for sale. PM me for details.
deven i want one of dylan's car but but it has to come with driving lesson not damnit don lesson
Old 08-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by westerdude42
God I'm a homer, I just picked guys I know and that I've watched. Tony was fast up here at SIR so I figured I'd pick him for the double.
and now I just need to know where to ship your shirt & size?
Old 08-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by A-Ko
and now I just need to know where to ship your shirt & size?
Sorry I PM'd my address and my shirt size is XXL. Thanx again Chris
Old 08-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default 05's at 20 paces

Originally Posted by teamstrc
or a TA05R
I'm selling my TA05R, converted to IFS, that I ran at the Nats. I'll bring it to the Tamiya track this weekend and you can take a look-see. $150 seems like a good price for an R with lots of goodies, like carbon fiber, titanium and aluminum, I think.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by afung1
Steve , arent you running TA05 in GT1 already.
I need some teamstrc parts for the CR-01 now.
Yes, I ran this TA05R this year at the nats (barely squeezed into the A) but the car really is a lot better than the driver (I'm rusty) and this car also put me 5th in the A 2 years ago in GT-2 class as well. So it's got a good capable setup on it (the driver sucks! lol )

I'm exiting on-road racing (for now) as this National made me realize I simply don't have the reflex/skill and the time commitment to compete at the level I want any more. I got a bunch of spares, the car was mostly rebuilt right after the final round of qualifying at the nats, and plus I have two body (NSX, Lexus) and about 8 sets of 1 run B3s to go with it.

As for your CR01, oh yes, we make quite a bit of option parts for it. Let me know if you place an order for some parts, I'll hook you up

Steve Wang
Old 09-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by westerdude42
Sorry I PM'd my address and my shirt size is XXL. Thanx again Chris

Evidently your mail is not working.
Please email your information to.
[email protected]
or I could send it to SIR?
Thanks.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Sending it to SIR would be perfect. Thanx, Chris
Originally Posted by A-Ko
Evidently your mail is not working.
Please email your information to.
[email protected]
or I could send it to SIR?
Thanks.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
F1 next year or what?
Any idea?
Old 09-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I'm in...will be getting mine soon.
Originally Posted by robk
Any idea?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.