Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Grandpa,
What were the max and min RPM readings you got from the motors you did test?
Old 08-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Another can of worms....

lets throw this out there for kicks and giggles...

how about qualifying with "single fastest lap" and giving drivers 3minutes accomplish that fast lap......... then having the usual triple A mains but say make them last 7 mins?

[/puts flame suit on]
Old 08-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
So Nova who specifically are you calling the cheater here. Post a name instead of just posting smilies and the rest.

On the White's car what they did for car setup and speed has been posted. If you did not catch it. The car was etup to roll through the turns very well. If you watched the live feed you could hear how Dylan's car did not drop RPM much through the sweeper the rest of the field loaded up the car pretty damn hard. They also ran a very full tire insert on an S-Grip tire that increased the tire diameter. Guess what happend yep better rollout. Did they cheat not one bit. Everyone has run some sort of stuffed insert for the last 6yrs I was down there. Did they do it on an S Grip nope on an A the belted tire keep the diameter the same. Smart creative thinking absolutely.

Tony cheating? Name what he did...At SIR's TCS I saw a car that carried mjor corner speed and was very efficient, Tony has had 5months to refine it to the local track too......

Steve cheating same here.....

I could not make it down this year but kept up with phone calls and watched the live feed. From what I heard and saw great driving and great setups. The tech was the tightest it has ever been.

If you want to call it cheating the local advantage reared its head this year. With 2 days of setup time the out of towners had a harder go of it this year. You cannot legislate that though. I can;t tell you how many people were suprised at the S-Grip tire choice in Mini. I also heard alot of down faces were from the Southern contingent they could not figure out why the speed differences were there "they have to be cheating"

I was accused of it all the year I won myself. I asked Dave Beale to tear every bit of my car down in full view of everyone so there were no secrets and not a chance that anyone could accuse me of hiding all the parts that were"claimed" to be on my car. You name it gears, tweeked comm etc they all were on the car. Give some credit here to the winners they worked hard. The people who thought they "had" to cheat to get on par were just wrong and not prepared. Do some homework learn from what "you" did wrong and fix it for next year.

Congrats to all of this years winners. Tony has been a longitme supporter and has gotten faster every year. Dylan I have watched for along time in my travels down to Tamiya along with him coming up to Seattle. Again an excellent driver who has grown and progressed well. Steve I have never met but again congrats, kick Whitey and Tom in the shin for me. Have fun in Japan you'll remember the trip for along time to come.
PLease read again, I am not calling anyone a cheater nor do I knowing know of anyone that did cheat/bend the rules. I was not at the race. Don't know where you came up with this thought but what ever....

Here is a fact for yee as well. When a national race is held at a permanent track the people who race there on a regular basis have home track advantage over others that go just for the race. Thats the way it always have been and accepted by everyone.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sounds like the cheaters beat the system......

I remember when cheaters were actually held accountable for their actions...

Just another reason why this hobby is in a slow death spiral......

And I really did think the TCS would be the last place cheating would be a problem...

Hmm I don't know where did I get it your next post was in the same vein.

Enough so that Devin posed the same question.

On the live feed there was enough crying from some of the Midwest or Southern contingent not sure exactly where they were from but flash flood warnings were posted for SoCal.

Again a well setup car in spec racing always looks like a cheater. If you don;t like it show up and show them how it's done so they can point a finger at you....Both Devin and myself have been there and heard the whining after wins. Well set up cars and understnading the rules as to what is and what is not allowed is what wins a championship race.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Difuser

And I really did think the TCS would be the last place cheating would be a problem...

Hmm I don't know where did I get it your next post was in the same vein.

Enough so that Devin posed the same question.

On the live feed there was enough crying from some of the Midwest or Southern contingent not sure exactly where they were from but flash flood warnings were posted for SoCal.

Again a well setup car in spec racing always looks like a cheater. If you don;t like it show up and show them how it's done so they can point a finger at you....Both Devin and myself have been there and heard the whining after wins. Well set up cars and understnading the rules as to what is and what is not allowed is what wins a championship race.
Don't assume anything Tex, reading what is posted and not what you might think or dream up... Trying to get an advantage in sports/life/etc will always be something to be hard to over come. You also assume that the biggest crybabies were from the midwest/south... I guess no ever bitches from the north, east or west.... The "Anyone goes faster than me must be cheating" seems to be a theme with big races nowadays...

Was cheating as big as a concern now as it was 5 years ago?
Old 08-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Granpa
Buying a replica of Dylans car ain't going to help unless you can package his driving skills to accompany the car. My car was really,really good and Dylan could have won with it. Not denigrating your car as it was the best handling car out there, but "The Kid" plain flat put on everyone else in the driving dept.

Congrats on the win and I thought the chaperone was the one who kept the one being chaperoned out of trouble. Something wrong here.
maybe i can include a driving lesson also
Old 08-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr. devenwhite
maybe i can include a driving lesson also

you already have.. 'champ'
Old 08-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer

I didn't think I was dreaming when I read that!
Old 08-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just a curiosity question, how many were dqed from the Nats event (only know of 1) and how many just missed a round of racing because of a bad indiscretion?

Gary - Have you ran 21.5 in a sedan yet? I heard with Mini's they were painfully slow so they switched to 17.5. Yeah some of that is gearing but you would have to buy all new gearsets from companies like Precision Racing Systems for sedan. . . Locally we do have a GT3 class we do run year-round open to any brand chassis.

Hebiki - I do like the concept of 3-4 min qualifyer and taking the fastest time. Maybe do it for a round and then use it as a resort. I am also a fan of heads up starts, why save it for the mains? It might save some re-starts that seem to usually happen like with Mini 3rd A.

Difuser - Nobody cares about the midwest, were a bunch of winers from flyover country. . . (It only takes time to make great wine. . .)

My wife asked what would I like for my B-day in October. One thing that poped into mind, besides a TB03 and Doc sending one of his reddots, would be the rules for 2009 and the 1st 2 races on the 2009 schedule. With the crazy air fares, it would be nice for those flying into Trackside or SIR to be able to scout out tickets early. I do know a few that are planning on flying into Trackside TCS for 2009. Also it would make shopping for Christmas that much easier.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you Tamiya and all who helped put on such a great race. Thanks also to all the behind the scenes people who worked so hard to get the tracks and facility ready.

Congrats to all the winners. Steve, Tony and Dylan. All your hard work showed and paid off for you. Good luck in Japan and bring us a world title. Any one of you are capable.

Thanks to Arluck and Walter for the great battles during the A's. I'll look forward to another battle next year!

Thanks to everyone from the SIR crew that helped me during the week. Troy, Kody and Kevin. Even Dan from 1200 miles away over the phone. Also thanks to Chris Lim.

Can't wait untill the next round.

Jeff Kuney
Old 08-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by crazy5
I didn't think I was dreaming when I read that!
And your point is???
Old 08-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by A-Ko

Gary - Have you ran 21.5 in a sedan yet? I heard with Mini's they were painfully slow so they switched to 17.5. Yeah some of that is gearing but you would have to buy all new gearsets from companies like Precision Racing Systems for sedan. . . Locally we do have a GT3 class we do run year-round open to any brand chassis.
:
No, but having talked with people that have it's a smidge quicker than a 17.5/4-cell. I've run that combo and liked it a lot.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 240Z
Grandpa,
What were the max and min RPM readings you got from the motors you did test?
tested 8 motors
one dud 10,950 @5v
6 others 11,200 - 11,420 @5v
one better 11,580 @5v.

Didn't have the time to dyno test any yet. Hope this helps you figure out whatever you were trying to figure out
Old 08-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
tested 8 motors
one dud 10,950 @5v
6 others 11,200 - 11,420 @5v
one better 11,580 @5v.

Didn't have the time to dyno test any yet. Hope this helps you figure out whatever you were trying to figure out
Thanks,
With all this talk of BL vs silver can I was curious as to what a few 7 run motors would wind up to. But now I am wondering how to equate a 17.5 BL to those numbers as BL is a very different animal. Anybody ever tried a 17.5 in a mini or f103 at the AV track?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

At the risk of sounding like a kissass, it dawned on me that Tamiya of late has been very responsive to the wishes of the TCS racers. The rules package that was run at the Nats seems to me to be the results of what is posted here combined with the current state of tech in the hobby. I would go as far to say that Tamiya is on the leading edge of technology at least in the 2 GT classes. Lets face it, the rules will never be to everyones liking, and there will always be those out there that deem it necessary to bend the rules to win. Also I would love to get a lesson on a chassis that exhibits little to no scrub in the corners. That seems to be the missing piece to my puzzle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.