Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just got home and unpacked from my 12th North American finals. I am tired but I still have an unfading grin on my face from the weekend .

Before I crash , I mean go to bed and not on a track like so may saw I can do repeatedly withou trying, I want to thank Tamiya for hosting this great anual event.

Tamiya really stepped up this year and put on an awesum event. It allways does my heart good to see so many of the TCS regulars again and meet the new guys. Lots to talk about in later posts, but we just wanted to say....

Thanks to Tamiya and all the racers and friends for making this one of the best TCS finals ever.

Marty & Paul
Old 08-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by over gear
agree.
Wasn't Tamiya's last ESC OEM'ed from KO? Hopefully they'll do it again with the new BL speedo.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I will represent NORTH AMERICA to the best of my abilities in Japan! (p.s. would I get a Canadian flag on the back of my shirt??)

I had a blast! Big thanks goes out to Fred and the rest of the Tamiya America crew for putting on a great event!

Oh Canada,
Steve
Old 08-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Tamiya for putting on another great TCS event.

Special thanks to all the Tamiya crews, my team mate Kevin Cole, LAME motorsport, HKS hobby, Speedtechrc, and everyone that help me out this weekend.

Tony
Old 08-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Had a great 4 days in Aliso Viejo this weekend. The TCS Nats is everything that we hoped for. Big fun wrapped with friendly competition. The GT1 competition was great and left room for us to get better. TCS Nats was our Snowbirds and Vegas wrapped up in one event.

Last edited by TeamB&B; 08-26-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Default Kudos and thanks and greetings

414MPH--was darn good to see you and Paul run so well in F103GT. Don't know how many readers out there know this, but MPH's an old hand at F103. The cars looked much better this weekend than they did last year, and have me now intrigued enough to want to get out my car from last year and start playing with setup again. Won't be using the "Courageous" body, though, as I'm not a complete masochist. Anyway, I missed running with you guys. But now we have the possibility of a real F103 race next year, with F1 bodies and foam tires. Get them tire grinders out... Good to see youse again.

Nemo Racing--my warmest congrats to you and teammate Kevin again. I always enjoy racing with youse--even when I can't keep up.

Mr. White--also my warmest congratulations to your brother. Heck of a driving seminar he put on. And to think I used to run fenders with him with a red Miata.

I congratulate S. Bortolotti for winning GT1; I don't know you, but you definitely put on two great runs. Go have some fun in Japan!

And big thanks to all the Tamiya staff, especially Fred, Brian and George. This was one of the best race weekends you've ever had. I find myself wishing I had one more day to run.

Anybody know someone who wants a used 05R-IRS?

Let's all go home and pray Tamiya doesn't find a buyer for that lot until at least next fall.

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Just got home and unpacked from my 12th North American finals. I am tired but I still have an unfading grin on my face from the weekend .

Before I crash , I mean go to bed and not on a track like so may saw I can do repeatedly withou trying, I want to thank Tamiya for hosting this great anual event.

Tamiya really stepped up this year and put on an awesum event. It allways does my heart good to see so many of the TCS regulars again and meet the new guys. Lots to talk about in later posts, but we just wanted to say....

Thanks to Tamiya and all the racers and friends for making this one of the best TCS finals ever.

Marty & Paul
Old 08-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Where is the 2009 TCS schedule ?

What are the rules?

What is mini going to run?

Come on already its been long enough we need to know so that I can prepare.

Chris next time why don't you let me wrench on your car instead of Troy he knows MO4 not sedan. j/k

I must save my money and prepare for Seattle next year I owe Troy a nipple twist and its gonna be a hard one so prepare to take it like a man.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nemo racing
Thanks Tamiya for putting on another great TCS event.

Special thanks to all the Tamiya crews, my team mate Kevin Cole, LAME motorsport, HKS hobby, Speedtechrc, and everyone that help me out this weekend.

Tony

Sounds like he is sponsored lets jerk his trip and give it to Kevin Cole

Just kidding Tony you ran good congrats and watch out for dylan make sure he goes to bed by 8:00 p.m. and has a good breakfast in the morning and that he has plenty of lunch money and that the bullys don't beat him up at the track.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:41 AM
Tech Initiate

There is a huge (100+) gallery just posted here..

TCS Finals 2008
Old 08-26-2008, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

great photo's! great event!
Old 08-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Great race!

Nice to see everyone again and congrats to all winners. To Tony T. Hats off to you. You just did not win but you overcome the adversity of having to prove yourself to everyone else, I say the same to Dilan, now lay-off bulking those tires in japan.

To Timmy, empressive work, keep at it!

So who caught the guy cheating? I dare not say it here because I don't want him or her to end up in a dumpster by tonight (joke). But his or her experience and been there done that system plus his eagle sense and that buttkicker device in his home is what caught the cheater. Right on Ee... ooops!

Nice to see old friends and amazing how much new faces are in the hobby.

Peter! thanks for the VW caps.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by izzyracer
Nice to see everyone again and congrats to all winners. To Tony T. Hats off to you. You just did not win but you overcome the adversity of having to prove yourself to everyone else, I say the same to Dilan, now lay-off bulking those tires in japan.

To Timmy, empressive work, keep at it!

So who caught the guy cheating? I dare not say it here because I don't want him or her to end up in a dumpster by tonight (joke). But his or her experience and been there done that system plus his eagle sense and that buttkicker device in his home is what caught the cheater. Right on Ee... ooops!

Nice to see old friends and amazing how much new faces are in the hobby.

Peter! thanks for the VW caps.
seeing Izzy post on here is like DEJA VU.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
seeing Izzy post on here is like DEJA VU.
Talking about cheating and how he likes to put parts not intended for his car on his TB-02?
Old 08-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stitchy
Assuming weights and silver can motors are the same, would the 3200 orion pack have any speed advantage over the 2400?
I'm trying to decide whether to go back to my old Orion 3200 or just stay with the 2400s I got at the race. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldfartjohn
There is a huge (100+) gallery just posted here..

TCS Finals 2008
Quote for this Photo:
"What do you mean we're running the track COUNTER CLOCKWISE?" (See silver/blue #5 ferrari)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.