Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree792Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Okay, now for the REALLY IMPORTANAT question, who is going to win Concourse ?

Overall - Kevin Cole

GT-1 - Anthony Fung (really done by Kevin Cole)

GT-2 - Tony Tam (really done by Kevin Cole)

Mini - Max Valles (really done by Kevin Cole)

F103GT - Anthony Fung (really done by Kevin Cole)

Offroad 4wd - Dave Jun (AGAIN, done by Kevin Cole)
im hearing rumors of past concourse winners coming out of retirement to compete...... but i'll believe it when i see the entry.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It seems to me that the posting of the rules on the web page is an old one from May. Can some one confirm, or is it just what is cached on my PC?
Old 08-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
It seems to me that the posting of the rules on the web page is an old one from May. Can some one confirm, or is it just what is cached on my PC?
the MOST recent updates are on the actual page:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=358

not the downloadable PDF.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Word.

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Are you sure that wasn't the Mini D main that you caught on video.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
the MOST recent updates are on the actual page:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=358

not the downloadable PDF.
Thanks, the page you mentioned has the most recent PDF of the rules.

The page with the OLD rules that I was looking at is here:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs_races/rules.php
Old 08-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
Video links below at your request. Sorry I missed the beginning of your GT3 race. The video starts out at the best part when your brother accidentally showed you some love. I was outside checking on how well the track was drying out.

The outdoor track was completely dried by the end of your GT3 race and sky was clearing. Some were suggesting to take the GT1 race back outside. But that idea never went anywhere because most of the racers where busy setting up their cars for the carpet. Timing computer and the other logistics might also be a problem.

Get out the popcorn...

R/C Madness TCS Race #128,
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Enfield, CT

Mini A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dvZxf9TZ34

GT3 - A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pulijXBPHE

GT2 - A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow9dXnBXqZU

GT1 - A Main
* Future link goes here. I will upload tonight *
Yikes! Seems as if there is more contact in the 'A''s than I had anticipated to see. Because of the carpet or it is just thats the way it is
Old 08-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Okay, now for the REALLY IMPORTANAT question, who is going to win Concourse ?

Overall - Brandon or The Other Guy

GT-1 - Kevin

GT-2 - Kevin

Mini - BRANDON

F103GT - Doc

Offroad 4wd - Not me or Kevin
Kevin there will be no question that I will be taking the concourse in Mini and not to put down my fellow competitors
'cuz I would never do that". What I am preparing to bring will make my Norcal concourse look like Helen Keller painted it and no she did not paint my last body, had to shut the door on that one too. So Kevin to save you the embarrasment of watching you cry your way back to the "pits" (pardon the pun) if I were you I would not even enter cuz I would hate to see you get beat in concourse by some lil ol' Mini Cooper.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Brandon I hope you are spending a lot of time painting a pretty mini cuz there is an old NorCal racer that may not be as gentlemanly this time around.
Oh and your right that black dragon WAS a booger.

I love ya kid, I'm wearing flip flops in your honor all weekend, and can't wait to sit around eating taco's and B.S.ing again! Oh man it's one week away.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raffaelli
Yikes! Seems as if there is more contact in the 'A''s than I had anticipated to see. Because of the carpet or it is just thats the way it is
R/C Madness TCS #128 GT1 - A Main video link added to original post above.

Imagine running for 2 days outside in 90 deg weather with a 120 deg asphalt temp, stiff springs and B3 tires. Within 30 min, pack up your canopy, table, chairs and 100' extension cord all while the rain is pouring down. Go inside and the horn blows in 10 mins to start a main on a complete different untreated carpet surface and layout. I am surprised that the carnage was not greater. In GT2, 9 cars started, and only 4 finished! Tearing up a $1,000 Hopped-Up TA05 in GT2 is one thing, but a $1500 TRF (with hard to get parts) in GT1 was not worth it.

We knew Austin Vacek in GT2 and GT1 would not have a problem with a change in venue. He has the ability to learn a track within 2 laps. He pulled out his 3rd car (TB02) and ran it unchanged in both classed for the win.

The group from MD, VA, and PA starting checking the weather each day 2 weeks before making a decision to make the 6-11 trip. We all knew it was going to rain in the afternoon on Sunday. The decision was made to run 3 heats instead of 2 and a main, Therefore pushing the mains well into the later afternoon where the chances of rain were greater.

Image playing 4 round of tennis at Wimbledon on an outside grass court for 2 days, then finish the main event on the unseen indoor clay court without practice.

Some view TCS racing as a bunch a people getting together with RTR kit cars and just having a blast. There was a great groups of kids who traveled from Maine to run their Minis. Others take it to the extreme and put a lot of money and time into it. It was difficult to make a decision like what took place at R/C Madness and keep all groups happy.

TCS rules should address change of venues in future rules so that the uncertainty of what took place at R/C Madness would not happen again.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Others take it to the extreme and put a lot of money and time into it.
Where do you stand??........... It seems that you show praise to Chris's decsion to finish the Event inside on Carpet and then you want to work on not having this happen again....... Hmmmmm.........

The Race Director made the decsion and tried to salvage the Event........ Races like these are to have max. FUN and keep things flowing and others can help those who are struggling with handling and help them fix there cars for the next heat. That was the enjoyment I was getting from this past Sunday....... Plus, It was a challenge to keep these cars running competitive on the Carpet with spec tires especially since the carpet had not seen action since the spring............ You can't control the weather, but I was glad Chris had a plan B.

I think most of the Racers there had a great time in the Finale and quickly adapted............ Its all part of the Total package of RC Racing!
Old 08-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Where do you stand??........... It seems that you show praise to Chris's decsion to finish the Event inside on Carpet and then you want to work on not having this happen again....... Hmmmmm.........

The Race Director made the decsion and tried to salvage the Event........ Races like these are to have max. FUN and keep things flowing and others can help those who are struggling with handling and help them fix there cars for the next heat. That was the enjoyment I was getting from this past Sunday....... Plus, It was a challenge to keep these cars running competitive on the Carpet with spec tires especially since the carpet had not seen action since the spring............ You can't control the weather, but I was glad Chris had a plan B.

I think most of the Racers there had a great time in the Finale and quickly adapted............ Its all part of the Total package of RC Racing!
I would just like to see some guidance in the future that the mains will be run on the same track where qualifying was done. In the dark, next day, next week, it does not matter. Otherwise, hold a new set of qualifying rounds at the different track location before the mains.

Overall, I think Chris made the best decision at the time given that the majority of the people who came just to have fun would have race anywhere, anytime. It was a majority vote.

It is all about having fun.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

TCS rules should address change of venues in future rules so that the uncertainty of what took place at R/C Madness would not happen again.
Several years ago we had a similar situation at the TCS @ Toys for Boys in Atlanta. We ran the first qualifiers with spitting conditions, and a second qualifier with even more rain, but then the bottom fell out (the Hickmans put on a really nice show with their F201's throwing water in the air).

They had an indoor carpet track there too, but it was very tight and not the sort of track you wanted to run your GT1 cars on either. The race director (Fernando) offered to run a third round of qualifiers on carpet to allow everyone to get used to the track before the mains. However, he let the racers vote on it, and they elected to just set the finishing order based on qualifying.

I was bummed, because I really wanted to keep racing (and I was one of the TQ's that got a win for it). But the majority ruled that day, and we left with all of our A-arms intact.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:45 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

w00t austin!!!!

u go all that way randy, buck up and run!!!

R
Old 08-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub

Your right Alex had a great time I was in your main laughing my ass off with you. As for everyone else sorry were not as good as these mini cooper pros on this forum oh ya most of the guys that went up with me only raced them a couple times that was my first time with no practice put the car together that morning and three of the guys made the A main.Chris did a great job he was pretty much solo all day.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

since we all have to put the motor in before the race then take the motor out after the motor our i sure hope thay will have lights for the track ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.