Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-12-2008, 11:24 AM
  #8821  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (3)
 
RCGaryK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7,331
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
Just give a smart TCS racer (especially Mini racers) 10 secs for an unsupervised walk from the tech table to the track to put down his car. Here is what will happen:

1. The magnets will be zapped twice.
2. Comm drops will be applied.
3. Graphite lube impregnated with Nano technology will be sprayed.
3. Timing will be increased.
4. RPM will be dyno'd.
5. LiPo case will be opened and an addition cell installed.
5. Technical information from all above will be sent back to the pit area via encrypted WiFi.

Give another 2 secs and a chrome plated-black can motor will be swapped coming and going.
An easy remedy...

Any motor that leaves tech is INSTANTLY DQed and no replacement will be offered. You do it twice, sorry about your luck, have a nice day, buh-bye
RCGaryK is offline  
Old 08-12-2008, 11:46 AM
  #8822  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 302
Default Motor rules

With the motor rules and the time required in tech, it's gonna be really hard to run two classes, especially if they're back-to-back!
Potato is offline  
Old 08-12-2008, 01:56 PM
  #8823  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

entry form now available

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs_races/register08nats.php
Hebiki is offline  
Old 08-12-2008, 02:04 PM
  #8824  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (107)
 
lbckevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,731
Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)
Default

Thanks Chris.
lbckevin is offline  
Old 08-12-2008, 02:17 PM
  #8825  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (47)
 
Ray k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,018
Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCMadness
Something funny here I thought I got 2nd in the mini a-main, I got a bronze metal at the Race. I'm going to paint mine silver, I hope Steve paints his bronze
Ray k is offline  
Old 08-12-2008, 04:01 PM
  #8826  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
raffaelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
Posts: 2,928
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
Just give a smart TCS racer (especially Mini racers) 10 secs for an unsupervised walk from the tech table to the track to put down his car. Here is what will happen:

1. The magnets will be zapped twice.
2. Comm drops will be applied.
3. Graphite lube impregnated with Nano technology will be sprayed.
3. Timing will be increased.
4. RPM will be dyno'd.
5. LiPo case will be opened and an addition cell installed.
5. Technical information from all above will be sent back to the pit area via encrypted WiFi.

Give another 2 secs and a chrome plated-black can motor will be swapped coming and going.
shhhhh! dont let the cat out of the bag!
raffaelli is offline  
Old 08-12-2008, 04:48 PM
  #8827  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Secret Underground Laboratory
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

...is that a large neodymium magnet in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?
rccardr is offline  
Old 08-12-2008, 05:49 PM
  #8828  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
TeamB&B's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,177
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rccardr
...is that a large neodymium magnet in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?

Last edited by TeamB&B; 08-12-2008 at 06:00 PM.
TeamB&B is offline  
Old 08-12-2008, 05:52 PM
  #8829  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
Herc Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 649
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Sounds like its turning from fun family and friends atmosphere to ROAR!

If someone is caught cheating...ban em'
Herc Driver is offline  
Old 08-12-2008, 07:03 PM
  #8830  
Tech Fanatic
 
crazy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Acuna mattata.........Bitches!
Posts: 896
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Thanks Chris!

Jeff Kuney now entered into GT1!
crazy5 is offline  
Old 08-13-2008, 06:53 AM
  #8831  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
TeamB&B's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,177
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default TCS #128 R/C Madness Main Videos

Originally Posted by hickmeister
I understand you filmed all the main events GT1, GT2, GT3 Would you be so kind to post these so everyone can see the races???
SH
Video links below at your request. Sorry I missed the beginning of your GT3 race. The video starts out at the best part when your brother accidentally showed you some love. I was outside checking on how well the track was drying out.

The outdoor track was completely dried by the end of your GT3 race and sky was clearing. Some were suggesting to take the GT1 race back outside. But that idea never went anywhere because most of the racers where busy setting up their cars for the carpet. Timing computer and the other logistics might also be a problem.

Get out the popcorn...

R/C Madness TCS Race #128,
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Enfield, CT

Mini – A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dvZxf9TZ34

GT3 - A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pulijXBPHE

GT2 - A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow9dXnBXqZU

GT1 - A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bn7MryyAOg

Last edited by TeamB&B; 08-14-2008 at 04:35 AM.
TeamB&B is offline  
Old 08-13-2008, 09:07 AM
  #8832  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
minidriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lake Mills, WI
Posts: 932
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Sorry you won't be joining us for the fun - in 7 days I'll be winging our way to CA
minidriver is offline  
Old 08-13-2008, 10:49 AM
  #8833  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
SirSwiftAlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SOCAL the fastest mini cooper guys in the nation
Posts: 862
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
Video links below at your request. Sorry I missed the beginning of your GT3 race. The video starts out at the best part when your brother accidentally showed you some love. I was outside checking on how well the track was drying out.

The outdoor track was completely dried by the end of your GT3 race and sky was clearing. Some were suggesting to take the GT1 race back outside. But that idea never went anywhere because most of the racers where busy setting up their cars for the carpet. Timing computer and the other logistics might also be a problem.

Get out the popcorn...

R/C Madness TCS Race #128,
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Enfield, CT

Mini A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dvZxf9TZ34

GT3 - A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pulijXBPHE

GT2 - A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow9dXnBXqZU

GT1 - A Main
* Future link goes here. I will upload tonight *
Are you sure that wasn't the Mini D main that you caught on video.
SirSwiftAlot is offline  
Old 08-13-2008, 12:16 PM
  #8834  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Okay, now for the REALLY IMPORTANAT question, who is going to win Concourse ?

Overall - ?

GT-1 - ?

GT-2 - ?

Mini - ?

F103GT - ?

Offroad 4wd - ?
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 08-13-2008, 12:27 PM
  #8835  
Tech Regular
 
SilverShelby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Huntsville,AL
Posts: 466
Default

I'm going to give to a try...
there should be some good looking cars
cya in a week
M.Masters
SilverShelby is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.