Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Hey Brandon,

I have decided to run Mini this year so you better be prepared to step up your concourse game to A+++ status.
YGPM
Old 08-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think 17.5s are a closer comparison to black cans. In some cases, a nicely tuned black can, can beat out a 17.5. Of course as you run longer run times the BL will be stronger.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

for those that actually DO WORK when they're at work... you might have missed this the rules update on the TamiyaUSA site.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=358

posted here for the lazy people:

8/8/08
- Motor prices: Sport Tuned $20.00, Silver Johnson $15.00

- Battery prices: Orion 3400 $55.00, Orion 2400 $25.00
- All Lipo batteries will be tagged for tech. Removal of the tags is not permitted.

- All motors will be impounded in TECH after each heat race. There will be two tech areas. TECH 1, motor instalation, TECH 2, Car weight, rules etc.

- Motors must use the stock bullet connectors. They may not be removed. If you need bullet connectors for your speed control we recommend item 50245 RC Snap Connector Set. Using the bullet connectors will speed up TECH 1 procedures.

- Lubing the motor bushings in tech is permitted. Spraying or cleaning the motor in tech is also permitted. Comm drops is not permitted.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Good luck this weekend at Madness. I will not be able to go. My 1:1 racing engine detonated last weekend and I need to swap it this weekend. I know that Madness runs a great program. Race hard.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray k
From the md. ,va. and Pa. area. Me (1), Hickmanns (2), Team B&B (2), Vacek family (3)Doc mertz-DNF (-1).

Are you guys having a club race on sat. and will you run Tcs classes??
If so ,what time do you start??

Will you guys have outside AC power available??

Not sure on the club race... Depends on how many people and the weather.
We do have power outside... Bring extension cords...
Old 08-09-2008, 02:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
- All motors will be impounded in TECH after each heat race. There will be two tech areas. TECH 1, motor instalation, TECH 2, Car weight, rules etc.
i can't imagine the long lines at the tech table...
Old 08-09-2008, 02:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
- Motors must use the stock bullet connectors. They may not be removed. If you need bullet connectors for your speed control we recommend item 50245 RC Snap Connector Set. Using the bullet connectors will speed up TECH 1 procedures.
where can i buy 50245 ? i never thought i would shop for those
Old 08-09-2008, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Me, neither. I thought I had some old mechanical speed controls & I was going to graft ones off of those, but looks like I gave them all away. As of late last night, Tower had them in stock. Don't delay, order today.

Only 3.89 for -according to the pic on Tamiya's web site- enough female ends and insulators for three cars. Shipping, however was 4.99- that's 9 bucks for crappy bullet connectors we will probably never use again
Old 08-09-2008, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Me, neither. I thought I had some old mechanical speed controls & I was going to graft ones off of those, but looks like I gave them all away. As of late last night, Tower had them in stock. Don't delay, order today.

Only 3.89 for -according to the pic on Tamiya's web site- enough female ends and insulators for three cars. Shipping, however was 4.99- that's 9 bucks for crappy bullet connectors we will probably never use again
But look on the bright side......There's no need for a soldering iron now. That's one less thing to pack up!

Good prices on the batteries too! I was guessing $30 for the 2400's, so they bettered my expectations.

Last edited by minimadman2003; 08-09-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:37 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

50245 is available at RCHOBBIES.NET, greathobbies.com, hobbyworks.com, ultimatehobbies.com, and otheres.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

I posted this three weeks ago....

I think it is still valid,,,,,

Originally Posted by 414MPH
I can only imagine the lines and confusion at the motor check in/ check out line if that proposal was implemented.

Has anyone considered the staffing implications and the delays that most likely would occur by a run on tech if the motors were to be "held" in the tech area all weekend? This would mean NO practice with your hand out to determine the sweet spot gearing. OK, mini never changes gearing, but the other classes do have gearing options.

The Aliso regionals had a motor rpm limit. The extra fast guys were teched after their run. Some were found compliant, other were slightly over the limit, some were blatant cheaters with extra magnets in the can. In other words, the RPM limit works. If a magnet limit was added with a torque arm test, the magnet enhancements would be caught, period!

Here is a suggestion for spec motor classes to prevent VooDoo:
a)Test the motors when they get to TA,
b)Set a reasonable (low) RPM LIMIT,
c)Determine a magnet torque limit,
d)Be prepared to tech the fast guys after a run for RPM and Magnet strength(with a reasonable cool down period),
e)Check in motors on Saturday night.

With these suggestions or similar ideas in place, the racers and the STAFF can enjoy the race without draconian measures put in place. Racers can and should police their own motors before a run. Fast guys by overall and lap times are the only ones that should be subjected to tech, which most will gladly submit to after a good run. (I can only hope to be one of those guys.)

I know this is THE NATIONALS, but please remember why we participate in this hobby. This should be fun and enjoyable. A great time to meet new people and enjoy what we all like to do in our spare time, a hobby.

The guys that take it to seriously and feel the need to stepover the spirit of the rules would be held in check and/or disqualified with the above suggestions implimented. The regular non-podium guys can rest assured that the motor VooDoo and shenanigans will be held in check, relax and have agreat weekend.

That's all I got to say about that..............

Leaving on a jet plane in 5 weeks for a great vacation!
Old 08-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

My LHS had about 20 packs of the 50245 sitting in a bin in their back storage room. Hard to believe we used these once upon a time. But as I was removing my Deans plugs and crimping the bullets onto my ESC, it dawned on me. If all they wanted to do was to make it easier in tech, all they should have said is "motors must have connectors (not hardwired) to allow easy removal". By going to a spec connector, IMO they have opened the door of opportunity wide for a swap-o-motor event. Think we're going that direction?
Old 08-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Anone have an MR-S body they'd like to sell? Any version (new).
Old 08-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It is a great idea in keeping the motors in tech and away from the pit area.

That definately will make tech easier and seems like a better solution to the amp draw/rpm check issue. It also makes things more black and white as far as where the motors need to be.

One small suggestion is to have 1 set of female bullet connectors available per racer. That way this last minute addum will not be an issue for anyone that has a problem finding them. 1 month notice might be easier than 2 weeks. With a sudden high demand, they will disappear.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Results from the Madness race?
I heard they qualified on the parking lot but then the rains came and they moved inside, ran a short practice session and then ran the Mains on the carpet...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.