Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SilverShelby
I think Any Service man for our country shold be able to race the Nats!!!!!!!
They were protecting this counrty so we can play with toy cars......

so what do you guys and gals think????
A special dispensation is in order for those that allow us to play. You have the utmost respect, gratitude and thanks from me and my family.

Fred, Let him race, let him race, let him race!
After all, they are the USA and North AMERICA Nationals.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
A special dispensation is in order for those that allow us to play. You have the utmost respect, gratitude and thanks from me and my family.

Fred, Let him race, let him race, let him race!
After all, they are the USA and North AMERICA Nationals.
Im not even going to be there, but i'm with these guys, lead by example. We all wish our troops safe journey, but I think that we sometimes take for granted the freedom allowed by their sacrifice. Welcome home soldier!
Old 08-05-2008, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Woooah guys...I appreciate all the kind words. I was more "tounge in cheek" about the race...I didn't mean to start anything/nor do I even know if I could het my stuff race ready that quickly...just letting you guys know I was following the season this year from the dirt...and honestly missed the fun.

Ill be ready and hopeful for a race to hit next season and my 8 yr old Jordan now has a mini...and he wants to come this time too.

Anyway good luck to all.

Paul
Rescue HC-130's
Old 08-05-2008, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Paul,
Hope you can make it,as this is going to be the last at this track.
Would be great to race with you agian.
cya
M.Masters
Old 08-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Talked to Fred the rpm limit on the motors are going to be 9,500 rpm at 7.2 volts so now the challenge is going to be how to make the motors go slower

Also he is thinking of not running tires at all due to the tire crisis were going to run just the rims.

This will be a great race with any even playing field. I heard the old swift rims have more traction then the new ones.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Talked to Fred the rpm limit on the motors are going to be 9,500 rpm at 7.2 volts so now the challenge is going to be how to make the motors go slower

Also he is thinking of not running tires at all due to the tire crisis were going to run just the rims.

This will be a great race with any even playing field. I heard the old swift rims have more traction then the new ones.
How do you tell the old Swift rims from the new Swift rims? Or is that another secret you are not going to share with us! I guess I will have to buy all of the Swift rims currently on the market and run them all on Thursday and Friday to find out which ones are the fastest. I also heard that the blue tint on the new blue chrome wheels reacts with certain traction compounds and generates a vapor that can get sucked into the motor and causes extreme bursts of speed but I am not going to share which traction compounds create that effect.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herc Driver
How bout the "I can sign up because I was in Iraq and missed the darn series again this year" waiver??

Anyway...looking forward to next season already (In Aug and the season is winding up???) Looking FOWARD (TAMIYA PLEASE LISTEN) TO SOMETHING IN THE SOUTHEAST!

So My Mini and my soon arriving F103 Rm will be all ready to roll!
I am all for making some room for a returning vet, but if you plan on running the F103 you will need a GT as the RM is not eligible for the finals. If this season was an indicator, F103xx may not even exist as a class next year.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
I am all for making some room for a returning vet, but if you plan on running the F103 you will need a GT as the RM is not eligible for the finals. If this season was an indicator, F103xx may not even exist as a class next year.

I hope with opening the rules a bit on the bodies would help. I think there four that will work for the Finals. Can only hope Tamiya keeps a Direct Drive Class open. Hopefully for 2009 there will be a F103 Class, based off of both chassis(GT and RM)
Dave
Old 08-06-2008, 04:35 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

^^^

F103RM invitational @ the Canadian TCS nats was outstanding. I ran my 10 year old 103 FRP over 'n under chassis from the '98 nats and it was heaven. Race was run in the parking lot of a huge Menard's-kinda store on a busy corner in Kingston.... Large audience/cheering section.... Lotsa kids and interested dads-- most common question, "Where can I get one?".... 35 realistic-looking F1 cars battling for the championship with spec motors, foam tires, reusable rims and 2400 Nimh batteries that cost $17 a set!!

AND --- you could put everything you need to race in a small suitcase or a carry-on.

Golly, I don't see this happening in the US..... It's just too simple, too cheap, and it really makes too much sense.

bruce
Old 08-06-2008, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

The f103xx's seem pretty similiar..I agree with Docs' statement...this can be easy.

Direct drive formula one class - based on the various f103 chassis...I'm sure a smart guy can decise if any of those cars have an "unfair" advantage and make the rules aound it. Simple.

I personally couldn't care...I like F-1 so, I bought the new chassis...its what I have...If Tamiya decides not to race them then I go back to the mini...if mini's go away...then Ill buy one of those little Frog's(lol)...If somebody bought the GT this season (Which I'll bet a few did) it shouldn't just become obsolete...Heck let a road wizard race if one shows up

The reason I became attracted to the TCS series anyway was because of how FUN and laid back it was.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think the next wave of rc for tamiya is going to be truck pulls, hill climb, and rock crawling with the blackfoot. clod buster, and the lunchbox. Could you imagine winning an rc truck pulling contest and winning a trip to Japan for it.
Conurse guys scrambling to find the Skoal sticker kits and John Deer apparell
Old 08-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

HILARIOUS!

Of course the next thing that everyone will debate is the legality of the origional Midnight Pumpkin or Wild Willy vs. the current crop! Also if I race my TXT 1 vs a Clod do I get a weigt penalty?

Seriously remember a truck class a few years ago? I would race CR-01 Toyotas with silver cans...Ill bet it would be as fun as any class...not crawling/racing!

Doc,

The tires you guys were running in canada? Did you guys true them or simply cut em to rim size and run em'?

What kind of tires were you running?

I made a trip through St. Johns Newfoundland on my way home...nice people.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Herc Driver

Doc,

The tires you guys were running in canada? Did you guys true them or simply cut em to rim size and run em'?

What kind of tires were you running?

I made a trip through St. Johns Newfoundland on my way home...nice people.

Herc,

Tamiya foam tires only, they come trued and ready to be taped to the rims. I use double-sided thin carpet tape b/c of its strength. Tires come in the kit and are also available as Tamiya bagged parts in Canada. There are 3 varieties, hardest to softest: "kit rubber", "HBR medium","HBR soft".

In Canada we were required to use Tamiya tires only. I used the mediums.
Others were using various combos of the above flavors.

bruce
Old 08-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

What do you guys think, could Tamiya run both cars in one class(F103/103xx)?

How hard is it to mount the F103RM tires?

Dave
Old 08-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragracer72nova
What do you guys think, could Tamiya run both cars in one class(F103/103xx)?

How hard is it to mount the F103RM tires?

Dave
Could they?? Yes. It is just an exhibition class. Nothing to loose but an opportunity for fun.

Will they?? .......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.