Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree820Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Why do you drive in a Parkway but Park in a Driveway?

Why are Apartments located so close to each other?

Whats the opposite of opposite?

If your traveling at the speed of light and you turn your headlights on what happens?
If you shoot a mime, dshould you use a silencer?
Old 07-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
The spec 3400 battery is the lowest common denominator to bring the TRF415 into the fold at no loss to any other model. Yet the same thought process was not used for weight. The GT1 rules allow a wide variety of models from TT01 to 416; all much heavier than the 416. Therefore, a 416 will have an inherent advantage going into the fight.

Plus, most if not all of us race other races beside TCS. All requiring 1525g. 1400 g is way too light.

The compromise: Keep it 1500 g like every Regional race and be done with it.
i guess i dont understand what your point is about the 1400 gram limit when almost everyone who RUNS lipo wants it lowered so we dont have to add so much lead weight. thats the advantage of lipo. less weight, faster speeds

also, would you really race GT1 with a TT-01?

my 416 AND my former 415 didnt have any issues making the 1400g weight. they were bone stock without any "lightweight" components and no "chassis lightening" like the rules allow. my electronics is the greatest common denominator (i.e. low profile servo, LRP TC sphere, BL motor) and my car isnt heavy.

question is....WHY do YOU want to add all that weight? (btw, our local club races are very relaxed.. so we dont really enforce the 1525g limit. only during trophy races)

race on...
Old 07-29-2008, 01:04 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

When you're driving through a neighborhood and you see a sign that says "Slow Children," does that mean the kids in that area move in slow motion?
Old 07-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Wow, Jerry Mann wins Mini again! That's what, like four times? I know I've finished behind him at the USA Nats twice, and seems to me one year he won but couldn't make the trip. Dang.

What happened in F103 and F103GT?
Michael Steele and Michael Steele Too bad it wasn't a transfer class like last year, no trip the Cali this time..

He was actually about to win the GT1 class as well, till the last heat he popped an axle out of the spool cup, ended his run, and Steve managed to get enough laps to secure the win.

Bruce Hickman ended up second in the invitational 103RM class behind him, I believe.

It was the 10th Anniversary for the TCS here in Canada, and they gave Michael a special reward for having raced in each of the 10 years, and having placed in the top 3 in each of those finals. Huge 12th scale model on a plaque..
Old 07-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
Michael Steele and Michael Steele Too bad it wasn't a transfer class like last year, no trip the Cali this time..

He was actually about to win the GT1 class as well, till the last heat he popped an axle out of the spool cup, ended his run, and Steve managed to get enough laps to secure the win.

Bruce Hickman ended up second in the invitational 103RM class behind him, I believe.

It was the 10th Anniversary for the TCS here in Canada, and they gave Michael a special reward for having raced in each of the 10 years, and having placed in the top 3 in each of those finals. Huge 12th scale model on a plaque..
nats is not gonna be the same without Mr. Steele. another spot in the GT2 a-main just opened up.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Hebiki
nats is not gonna be the same without Mr. Steele. another spot in the GT2 a-main just opened up.
Gee, what's that say about me there Chris?
Old 07-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Gary,

We will miss the yellow corvette too.....
Old 07-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Gee, what's that say about me there Chris?
well sucks you wont be around either... Garber isnt coming down.. so the last Tamiya hoorah wont happen with old friends. i was hoping we could all go to Dromo1 or K1 and do some karting.

just imagine Troy in a 45mph cart "bumping" you out of the way. talk about momentum. we'll celebrate with who's here.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

also, would you really race GT1 with a TT-01?
I've been trying to work my TT-01 for GT-2 but after 3 weekends tuning at Aliso I've decided that it just isn't for GT-2 either.
I really enjoyed running it at the regional in GT-3: friction shocks, plastic drive shaft, kits silver can, stock except for bearings and a smaller spur. Ran fine.
But trying to make it work with a black can is rough: heat required fans and a different ESC, drive shaft flex rubbed on the chassis, put in the aluminum, tried oil shocks, but the car just wanders too much with power more than a silver can.

Back to Mini and F103 for me at the finals.

So I'm going to loan my TT-01 to a friend to run Spec (he ran Rookie Mini at the regional); I see from the rules that Spec is running a handout battery, but is the motor "bring your own" or do you have to buy a Spec motor for the Spec class?
Old 07-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default TCS Entries

When are they going to put up the entry form?!? It's getting close and I have not seen any way to enter the TCS Championship race.

Do we just show up and race?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Crashby
When are they going to put up the entry form?!? It's getting close and I have not seen any way to enter the TCS Championship race.

Do we just show up and race?
Steve,
Fred usually get's the entry form on the Tamiya website just after the last regional race which will be 8/10/08. I would think he will probably get on the site maybe this Friday 8/1/08?
Are you and Mr. Rose coming to Aliso for the National this year to race Mini?
I will be racing GT2 and Bruce will be racing F103GT.
Good to see you guys this year in Union City, that is a fantastic RC Track!!!
It was great going over some old 1/12th scale racing memories!!!
SH.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
When you're driving through a neighborhood and you see a sign that says "Slow Children," does that mean the kids in that area move in slow motion?
No it means they are retarded! I know becuase I did'nt have one on my street when I grew up. Had to shut the door on that one before it got out of control. Hey Doc do you know how long it is until nats ?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

so the last Tamiya hoorah wont happen with old friends.

Anyhow...

It was fun running last weekend Chris... good to know the core group still hanging out at TA. Hope to see more of the old faces at Nats...
Old 07-30-2008, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Last Call for Red Dots!!!

If you want a Red Dot silver can motor for the Connecticut TCS race next weekend, let me know NOW or it will be too late to ship them.

If interested, shoot me an e-mail at [email protected].
Old 07-30-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by eeyan

Hope to see more of the old faces at Nats...
And SOME of you are certainly getting OLD!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.