Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-23-2008, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

From what I hear is that Doc won't even be able to put his own motor in his mini there going to have someone impartial to do it.
You are correct.

Shame and Modesty are actually the names of my new celebrity lapdance spokestrollops
...and motor installers
Old 07-23-2008, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack
Glad to hear your making the trek out again...up for El Torrito with the boys?
You betcha! I'm always up for some good food (bet you couldn't guess that, huh! ).
Old 07-23-2008, 05:11 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by madjack
do we even want to go here....

BTW - so which of the so called "Skunk Works" leads TCS in DQ's this year? ..... ......I'll be interested to see what is allowed as it relates to motors for spec classes...if rumors prove true, race management will lock down performance this year. no voodoo.........

To find more speed while enjoying my hobby, I have found that it helps immensely to spend less time at the keyboard and more time with a wrench.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doc
To find more speed while enjoying my hobby, I have found that it helps immensely to spend less time at the keyboard and more time with a wrench.
yeah but how much fun does that yield?
Old 07-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
yeah but how much fun does that yield?

Well spoken wise one!

When the point comes that I stop tinkering with cars and motors --- is the time when I'll log on here (like so many others) and complain about how fast everyone else is. It's almost an institution, bud!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Hello, Would like to know what Body would be good to use in the TCS race. I'll be running in the GT1 class and not sure what body to get...... Also if you know if the B3 tires are the way to go. It will be hot and large newly paved asphalt.

Thanks
Old 07-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Flight is booked
see you guys in 4 weeks
m.m.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Hello, Would like to know what Body would be good to use in the TCS race. I'll be running in the GT1 class and not sure what body to get...... Also if you know if the B3 tires are the way to go. It will be hot and large newly paved asphalt.

Thanks
Hey Alex, here you go. This body got to be the best for low speed down force and drivability. I believe the top 3 used it for last year Nats.

I will PM you with a real list.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Doc
Well spoken wise one!

When the point comes that I stop tinkering with cars and motors --- is the time when I'll log on here (like so many others) and complain about how fast everyone else is. It's almost an institution, bud!!!
wise one? or wise ass?
Old 07-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
Hey Alex, here you go. This body got to be the best for low speed down force and drivability. I believe the top 3 used it for last year Nats.

I will PM you with a real list.

GT1??.......... Isn't that body for the MO3 or MO4?

Thanks for any info.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Initiate

wise one? or wise ass?well brad if the depends fit
Old 07-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Jeff,
In all my years of racing these cars I will have to admit you have the "WIDEST" car on the track for that 2nd quali @ GB TCS? I thought the goal in IFMAR quali was to race the clock not each other? If I remember correctly you started well ahead of me at the start and I caught you around the 3 min mark and to say the least you shut the door on me every time I stuck the nose of my car inside you to attempt to pass??
Usually I don't race in IFMAR qualifying. Since you had alread got TQ, we were close to being the same speed, had 3 rounds, a few laps turned into 5 minutes of seeing if I could hold you off. Usually the mains I race locally I don't have the opportunity that you presented me. I was perhaps a few batts off figuring out where how you guys were eating me in the corners. I know the last turn before the straight was murder on me, which you seemed to catch me then we ran close to the same down the straight. It was all in good fun and I miss heads up qualifying . .
Old 07-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by packafterpack..
wise one? or wise ass?well brad if the depends fit
Depends?
How old do you think I am?
Thats still 40 years off for me at least
Age before beauty
So you go first
Old 07-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Usually I don't race in IFMAR qualifying. Since you had alread got TQ, we were close to being the same speed, had 3 rounds, a few laps turned into 5 minutes of seeing if I could hold you off. Usually the mains I race locally I don't have the opportunity that you presented me. I was perhaps a few batts off figuring out where how you guys were eating me in the corners. I know the last turn before the straight was murder on me, which you seemed to catch me then we ran close to the same down the straight. It was all in good fun and I miss heads up qualifying . .
Jeff,
All kidding aside, it was good practice for me to race with you like that it gave me some insight with this class GT3 and the importance of corning speed in this type of "Silver Can" racing? as you could see I had the car freed up and it was caring a lot speed thru the corners the TB02R does that very well in regards to this type of motor we use in GT3. In my opinion it does it better than my TA05 IFS? I believe the TB03 should be awesome in the Silver Can Black Can type of racing. Can't wait to get mine put together!!
Are you attending the TCS Nats this year in Aug??
SH
Old 07-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Just wanted to throw in my 2 bits for track announcer at this year's TCS Champs. I've like Doug of SIR announcing. Can we get confirmation that he'll be back again this year?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.