Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is the track still made of that really sandy dirt?Just trying to gauge what tires will be the tires for Nats for the offroad.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Talking Glen Burnie GT3 TCS Results

Originally Posted by rccardr
Don't know if any of the Connecticut racers check in here, but anyone who wants a Red Dot motor for the August TCS event up at RC Madness needs to shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]. I won't be at the race, so contact me now to ensure that your motor will get to you in time.

At last week's Glen Burnie event, Red Dots TQ'd and won Mini & there were six Red Dot powered cars in the A Main. We were also second qualifer in GT3 and had several cars in that A Main, plus TQ and a 1-2 finish in F103GT. Greg Kloten from up there can tell you how fast they are.

If you're interested, just let me know.
Doc,
Here the results from Qualifying from the GB TCS in GT3 on 7/13/08:
TQ. Bruce Hickman 22 laps 5:01.15 (HHH) Hinkley House of Horsepower
2nd. Steve Hickman 22 laps 5:01.44 (HHH)
3rd. Mike Herald Jr. 22 laps 5:12 (Red Dot)

A Main GT3
1st Bruce Hickman (HHH)
2nd Mike Herald Jr. (RD)
3rd Steve Hickman (HHH)

Just wanted to set the record straight?
SH.
3rd Steve Hickman
Old 07-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Doc,
Here the results from Qualifying from the GB TCS in GT3 on 7/13/08:
TQ. Bruce Hickman 22 laps 5:01.15 (HHH) Hinkley House of Horsepower
2nd. Steve Hickman 22 laps 5:01.44 (HHH)
3rd. Mike Herald Jr. 22 laps 5:12 (Red Dot)

A Main GT3
1st Bruce Hickman (HHH)
2nd Mike Herald Jr. (RD)
3rd Steve Hickman (HHH)

Just wanted to set the record straight?
SH.
3rd Steve Hickman
Oh boy here we go silver can death battle
Game on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or is it Silver can cage match
Old 07-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Oh boy here we go silver can death battle
Game on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or is it Silver can cage match
Boy Brad your are worse than the British F1 Tabloids???
"Have Stir Stick Will Travel"
Old 07-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My mistake, Steve. I thought Junior had qualified second as well as finishing second in the GT3 A.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just had to add my own shameless plug. . .

Team A-ko power Qualified 4th and ended 4th in GT3 at HT GB.

My mad science department had something for HHH, just made a mistake on gearing in the main and needed a little better cornerspeed to put the screws to Doc and the Hickman Hauler. . . I did have fun staying in front of Steve in Round 2 qualifying

Wish I did not have to wait for Trackside for my next TCS regional.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

do we even want to go here....

BTW - so which of the so called "Skunk Works" leads TCS in DQ's this year?
Old 07-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Well all this talk about putting a hurt on the motor and battery voodoo convinced me to make the trek one more time -- Now lets all say it together -- "To run on the famed TA track ONE LAST TIME"

Hmm, I seem to recall using that same excuse to get a kitchen pass to SoCal back in February/March!

So, any rumors on the Lipo prices? If I want to run two classes (mini and F103GT), I'm in for at least two of the 2400 Lipos and 4 silver cans. Seeing that it's cash only, a little warning ahead of the game would be appreciated.

See you guys in a month!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I just had to add my own shameless plug. . .

Team A-ko power Qualified 4th and ended 4th in GT3 at HT GB.

My mad science department had something for HHH, just made a mistake on gearing in the main and needed a little better cornerspeed to put the screws to Doc and the Hickman Hauler. . . I did have fun staying in front of Steve in Round 2 qualifying

Wish I did not have to wait for Trackside for my next TCS regional.
Jeff,
In all my years of racing these cars I will have to admit you have the "WIDEST" car on the track for that 2nd quali @ GB TCS? I thought the goal in IFMAR quali was to race the clock not each other? If I remember correctly you started well ahead of me at the start and I caught you around the 3 min mark and to say the least you shut the door on me every time I stuck the nose of my car inside you to attempt to pass??
Oh well I guess we will have to see what happens @ Aliso in August??? I guess I will have to do some Dale Jr. Bump drafting??
Looking forward to seeing who has the "BLACK CAN VOODOO" figured out for the TCS Nats in Aug? I know one thing for sure if you overgear or get those little "Black Devils" too hot "KABLAMO" I love the smell of burning expoxy insulation in the morning!
What Happen to your Horsepower in the A Main? I remember Bruce, Mr Hinkley and myself going by you on the straightaway like you had a "Boat Anchor" tied to your car??
Old 07-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Tech Initiate

MOTORS! who cares all it takes is pack after pack and talent we all can't win.we all want to win and that is what makes it fun but remember pack after pack will result in talent and have fun
Old 07-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Well all this talk about putting a hurt on the motor and battery voodoo convinced me to make the trek one more time -- Now lets all say it together -- "To run on the famed TA track ONE LAST TIME"

Hmm, I seem to recall using that same excuse to get a kitchen pass to SoCal back in February/March!

So, any rumors on the Lipo prices? If I want to run two classes (mini and F103GT), I'm in for at least two of the 2400 Lipos and 4 silver cans. Seeing that it's cash only, a little warning ahead of the game would be appreciated.

See you guys in a month!
Glad to hear your making the trek out again...up for El Torrito with the boys?
Old 07-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

I'll be interested to see what is allowed as it relates to motors for spec classes...if rumors prove true, race management will lock down performance this year. no voodoo.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
Is the track still made of that really sandy dirt?Just trying to gauge what tires will be the tires for Nats for the offroad.
Yep Sirt or Dand as I like to call it the track will be watered heavily between now and then also the track will get water between every round to minimize the sand flurries
Old 07-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack
I'll be interested to see what is allowed as it relates to motors for spec classes...if rumors prove true, race management will lock down performance this year.
From what I hear is that Doc won't even be able to put his own motor in his mini there going to have someone impartial to do it.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003

See you guys in a month!
it'll be fun to have you out here again. bring a GT1 car... its fun to let a 10.5 brushless loose on the tamiya straight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.