Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by Difuser
On 60d's we just ordered 20+ sets and got them from one of the distributors they were for a local travelling down so they will not be instock at SIR. But we can always order more.......

Gary you forgot the Hack The Rest of the Field Into Oblivion Memorial too......Oh wait that was called passing "oops sorry wanna drive my car now?"
A local Hobby store (Gyro's) in the O.C., no not that Greek pita, has them on the shelf and you can buy them online I believe.
www.gyrohobbies.com
Although right now the sever appears to be down.
You can call 1-888-748-7697
Old 07-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
But it tastes great and is less filling! BTW, those who live in glass houses there Derf....

Rogaine goes on you head, not mayo. Ya gotta quit eating that stuff, you have already got your Fred's mixed up, I'm the tall one with the full head of hair.

Next you will be telling me that you have won a nats!

Old 07-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
Next you will be telling me that you have won a nats!
No comment
Old 07-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Why should there be a spec on the tire when other people including me have been holding on to these tires specifically for the nationals. There lack of preparedness doses not warrant penalizing those who planned in advance. specifying just one tire is flat out not fair I beleive that if the racer doesn't have the tires then they have no other choice but try and find the 60 D's or run S grips. At what point are we going to have Tamiya just build the cars and then we run them as is and turn them in after every race. To add one more thing people who are interested in running the nationals at a competitive level won't just fly out here and say ok where are my tires, rims, diff parts, etc.? No they purchase in advance the things they see fit to bring with them.
Just my honest opinion so if you don't like it don't say anything and if you like it please feel free to share.
I agree, Brandon!!

No spec tire!!!! I have plenty of 60D's because I planned ahead. Why should I be penalized because someone else did not have the foresight to think about what they will need for the championship race. This is my first year of running the TCS series and I learned real quick that getting Tamiya parts tests one's logistical skills but now that I know that, I plan better.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
I am saving my air fare as I won't be there this year. I haven't competed in a regional so I'm not even qualified.
I guess the Mayo is on Hold!

It would be a Miracle if I were to Whip out there.

As far as the mini's go, if there is a tire "shortage", Tamiya could always allow you to check in a certain number, like they did for sedan with B2s many years ago. Put a sticker on them, its done. . . So if there is a shortage those that planned ahead can sell their surplus at the track and make the world a happy place again. . .
Old 07-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Fred confirmed on saturday at the track that there will be no spec tire for mini. But I did have an idea for him if that was not the case and that would be we would all have to run kit tires with no inserts. Now thats how you see who can dial in a setup. I have been doing some testing on running a johnson motor that has only been water dipped and runs about 12,400 rpm at 5 volts and there is still enough speed to make this a great race I will tell you though that those special parts I found on ebay give me a huge advantage over those people who don't have them. For all you off road guys I talked to fred and we are going to cordinate track work this coming weekend so anyone who would like to come out and are qualified to run a shovel please show up I will post more details later this week.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Does anyone know what the difference in wt. is between a 2400 Orion lipo and a 3200 Orion lipo???? I went to the Orion web site and there were no specs as to the wt of their packs.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Let me get this straight, so.... now Fred / Brandon your saying its a no for spec tire in mini????

Last edited by madjack; 07-20-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Hello fellow Tamiya fans! Unfortunately I am not able to race TCS this year I have several sets of brand new B3 tires for sale if any of you guys need them. Pm me for info. Hope to see you next year.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I will tell you though that those special parts I found on ebay give me a huge advantage over those people who don't have them.
Fred won't allow you to have Dave Jun drive your car!

You guys should have seen 2 weeks ago when Brandon asked Dave if he could drive his 4.5T 416. The look on Dave's face was hilarious.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It's about 35 grams, Bob.

Glad to hear we are not using a Spec tire for Mini.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Fred won't allow you to have Dave Jun drive your car!

You guys should have seen 2 weeks ago when Brandon asked Dave if he could drive his 4.5T 416. The look on Dave's face was hilarious.
It was funny but not half as funny as watching some of the people with mini's running circles around your GT1 car that weekend. Your not actually gonna run nationals are you? That would be like wipin your ass before you poop..... it just dosen't make sense. Wasting all that money and time for what? A guranteed disapointment.

Now thats how you talk crap if you would like me to teach you just let me know. Between driving and talking smack your not good at either of em.
Just my opinion and we all know the response to that. Have a good day
Old 07-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by madjack
Let me get this straight, so.... now Fred / Brandon your saying its a no for spec tire in mini????

Correct no spec tire for mini as of Saturday.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

edit.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

WOW! Chris get out your fighting sticks!

It was funny but not half as funny as watching some of the people with mini's running circles around your GT1 car that weekend. Your not actually gonna run nationals are you? That would be like wipin your ass before you poop..... it just dosen't make sense. Wasting all that money and time for what? A guranteed disapointment.

Now thats how you talk crap if you would like me to teach you just let me know. Between driving and talking smack your not good at either of em.
Just my opinion and we all know the response to that. Have a good day

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.