Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
By this arguement...

24mm B's should be illegal in GT1 and GT2 for those who still have them (like me)

I would say the spec tire rule would have been ok if announced earlier, but now people may be "double-buying" tires, thinking they were already in the clear with their stockpile and now clearly SOL. One thing a Spec tire does though is even the field.

For motors, got 21.5 for GT2 and Mini and be done with it. I'm tired of hearing people complain about mabuchi's, be it black or silver can.

But I also agree that tweaking the rules at this point is a bit late. Leave the rules as they are and people will adapt. Fred, you do an amazing job at this. Trust your instincts and 95% of the time you'll be right. The other 5% is when you say no to suggestions I make >
damn... im SOL too since i have a TON of Bs lying around.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
damn... im SOL too since i have a TON of Bs lying around.
But Chris, you were never in contention enough for B's to make a winning difference...

Yes I did
Old 07-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

But Chris, you were never in contention enough for B's to make a winning difference...

Yes I did
Ouch! He must of never seen the "Shake-n-Bake"

If there is any tire rule I would like to see it would be for a tire limit. Like 3 sets for the weekend with a fourth set available to the A Mainers. Set up, driving and stratagy really come into play then.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by crazy5
Ouch! He must of never seen the "Shake-n-Bake"
Is that where Izzy uses an Illegal car with a-arms that were never designed for the chassis on it while Chris takes out someone with a legit and legal car?

Never Forget!
Old 07-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
I heard Expert Built TT-01 was going to be used in the past champs race.
Great idea, If Past Champion was a class this year.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Great idea, If Past Champion was a class this year.
Also known as the Annual Martin Crisp Memorial whooping
Old 07-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

On 60d's we just ordered 20+ sets and got them from one of the distributors they were for a local travelling down so they will not be instock at SIR. But we can always order more.......

Gary you forgot the Hack The Rest of the Field Into Oblivion Memorial too......Oh wait that was called passing "oops sorry wanna drive my car now?"
Old 07-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yes I did
funny guy. i have some rogaine and hellsman for you.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Rookie

as i was reading the past threads what is the problem with the rules the motors suck the tires suck so whats new this could be the problem
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-gallery_67.jpg  
Old 07-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Why should there be a spec on the tire when other people including me have been holding on to these tires specifically for the nationals. There lack of preparedness doses not warrant penalizing those who planned in advance. specifying just one tire is flat out not fair I beleive that if the racer doesn't have the tires then they have no other choice but try and find the 60 D's or run S grips. At what point are we going to have Tamiya just build the cars and then we run them as is and turn them in after every race. To add one more thing people who are interested in running the nationals at a competitive level won't just fly out here and say ok where are my tires, rims, diff parts, etc.? No they purchase in advance the things they see fit to bring with them.
Just my honest opinion so if you don't like it don't say anything and if you like it please feel free to share.
I rarely agree with sirswiftalot, but he does make a point about "preparation." I've already bought my 60d's for two racers from a variety of locations - and did so couple of months ago - and I only use 60d's for Nationals - otherwise I'm an indoor racer using S and M grips. Now what am I to do with them if we suddenly have a different tire rule for mini than that tire all have used throughout the outdoor season?

As for the reported unavailability of 60D's, I might suggest this "SMALL, HARDLY known, hard to contact" source - where they have them in stock, and not in "limited" quantities. Doc's right, the internet is a wonderful resource.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXGK18&P=K
Old 07-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IMA WHINER
as i was reading the past threads what is the problem with the rules the motors suck the tires suck so whats new this could be the problem
welcome to RC Tech WHINER...grow a spine and use your real name
Old 07-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

I wasn't insinuating we should run spec tires in GT1 or GT2.. My point was that getting a good mini 60D is/was hit or miss when buying new ones.. Therefore going to an entirely different mini tire would help level the field..

$0.02
Old 07-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think the consensus says it all there are 60 D's out there as Orlando pointed out. Also if people rely on buying there tires at the track then S grips is what they will get its not up to everyone to make sure ONE racer has what he needs. Lets lay it out there this is NATIONALS not a local regional event and I would be willing to bet that 1 out 20 racers might not know about the tire issues if thats what we want to call it, and shame on them for not doing the research before coming to a race of this size. So whith that being said there ARE 60 d's available out there and if need be, when they sign up just send out a mass email explaining what to do about tires.
A - Go out and buy some off the internet or LHS (if available)
B - Wait till you get to the track and purchase what is offered (not desired)
Old 07-17-2008, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IMA WHINER
And why would this be the problem ?

Would someone please confirm if aliens caputered Brandon and did some kind of weird experiments and or probes before they returned him ? Brandon, you are actually saying things people agree with and you haven't even mentioned ..... strippers.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Hebiki
funny guy. i have some rogaine and hellsman for you.
Gary has those Chris, he just never figured out the proper aplication,
rogaine doesn't work in sandwiches.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.