Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-11-2008, 10:34 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

We are going to do some testing soon on the motors, but we are aiming for an RPM limit where even motor dipping would get you dq'd. We want this to be a true arrrive and drive stype deal. You will get 2 motors for the weekend, and that's it.

When there is more information about limits, the rules will be updated accordingly. Be prepaired to get your motor and not be able to do anything to it as the goal is to make the playing field as level as possible for everyone new and experienced racers alike.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Except for Brandon, because he'll punch me in the nuts, break his hand, and have to sit out this year's event. On the other hand, he'll be getting all the lap dances...
Doc... sounds like you have Chuck Norris' nuts... MADE OF STEEL!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by CarKing
We are going to do some testing soon on the motors, but we are aiming for an RPM limit where even motor dipping would get you dq'd. We want this to be a true arrrive and drive stype deal. You will get 2 motors for the weekend, and that's it.

When there is more information about limits, the rules will be updated accordingly. Be prepaired to get your motor and not be able to do anything to it as the goal is to make the playing field as level as possible for everyone new and experienced racers alike.
10.5 throwdown this sat. slap a 10.5 in your car.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:19 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
10.5 throwdown this sat. slap a 10.5 in your car.
Dude I don't even have a 10.5!!!! This hobby is too expensive, what am i thinking.

Last edited by AWK; 07-11-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Speaking of expensive, any hints on the prices for the silver can motors or the 2400 Lipos? Should we expect to pay market price, or will we be getting the racer's discount???
Old 07-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

F103GT will NOT be offered as a second class. The only second class is 1/10th Off Road.
I have a feeling we're gonna loose numbers.
Majority of the racers used this class as a 2nd entry. Being forced between this and the other classes, F103GT will be dropped.

But I won't
Old 07-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The TCS posted rules state "AMB personal transponders only". Forgive me for stating the obvious, but the implication of this is that everyone will have to go get their own transponder. $100 investment aside, this is not a problem for most. It is just that I would hate to see anyone show up on Aug. 23 expecting to use one of the previously available hand out transponders... Ya just know it is going to happen.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Dude I don't even have a 10.5!!!! This hobby is too expensive, what am i thinking.
Andrew - I have a Novak 10.5 system I can hook you up with for a good price.

Hebiki - Taking the wife and kid to the beach Saturday. I will miss your 416 "flights" off the kink this weekend.

240Z - A fixed gear will have more noticeable difference with a tweaked motor but even open gearing will have obvious differences. In GT-3 at Union City, the top three A-Main cars were in a league of there own on the back straight. You can only gear so much to try to keep up before you melt down your motor. It's like trying to say a 4 cylinder geared to the moon can match a V8 in power. Unless the 4 cylinder is turboed, it doesn't have a chance. Tight motor rules will put an emphasis on driving and car set-up and the usual "hope you have good luck with traffic".

Regarding transponders, this is the Nationals, not some weekend club race and this has been the same rule for years. If someone did forget to bring one, I am sure there are racers who would be willing to share a spare.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DirtyRacer
I have a feeling we're gonna loose numbers.
Majority of the racers used this class as a 2nd entry. Being forced between this and the other classes, F103GT will be dropped.

But I won't
i was really hopin' this would be a 2nd class entry,what is the point of making it a single class only when its not a trip winning class,a previous post stated that "if we bring this class back will you people show up and support it".i was planning on runnin it as im sure others were, 20 or 30 something heats is a long time between runs it would be nice to have a 2nd class to run just for fun along with ur main class. just that one offrd class offered for 2nd class only is not enough ,give us some choices..2 DAYS ONE CLASS,COME'ON,,just my opinion!, as im sure others may agree,,,ok i'll just stay home and shut up,
Old 07-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 92 (99%+)

I wish we had Tam-tech off road as 2nd class....
Old 07-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Tech Lord

i think everyone is forgetting that if you have everyone run two classes....
we'll be at the track ALL DAY. people dont show up for their races on time, dont have properly working transponders (i fired my pitman already. ) which all delay the race program which makes for a longer day.

not to mention that the track doesn't have lights. so the guys who run at the end of the day will have to run in the dark. so please keep it in perspective that alongside with a limited staff, be happy that Nationals is happening again at our favorite track AND they cater to the wants of the racers by adding F103GT.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Regarding transponders, this is the Nationals, not some weekend club race and this has been the same rule for years. If someone did forget to bring one, I am sure there are racers who would be willing to share a spare.
I drove in the 2007 nats. and I used a hand out transponder. I did not "forget" to bring one. I do not have one.

This is a subtle change that would not have any impact on the die hard RC racers. The registration would probably state the requirement to avoid any surprises on race day. I was just trying to help people out with a little heads up.

Lets get back to the real important topics of this list.... why Club races do not have trophy girls. Or was it "where are the weekend strip club races".
Old 07-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

So how was the Glen Burnie TCS? Did you guys get to finish, or did it rain out the mains???
Old 07-13-2008, 06:48 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i'm told via the show's organizer that they made it before weather and/or darkness came. 3rds too

R
Old 07-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
So how was the Glen Burnie TCS? Did you guys get to finish, or did it rain out the mains???
It was great! I ran cooper and had a blast. Mother nature held off until we got the last A-Mains off. It was rushed towards the end but we made it. The rain came right after the winners were announced and pictures taken.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.