Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by f1larry
Guys,

I thought that the spec class was for the true beginners, and GT3 was for the novice to the more experienced. When I hear of the special attention to the motors and batteries in that class it makes me think, if someone knows that much about how to get the extra bit out of a motor or battery they realy don't belong in that class.

Yep...here's a quote from the TCS rules:

The TL-01 Spec class is intended for Novice drivers. Participants wishing to enter a spec type class that is of intermediate to expert ability should opt to enter the GT-3 class. It will be at the discretion of the host site to weed out drivers who are attempting to enter this class, that are of better ability, to bump them up to a different category.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

yes I know what the rule says that TL01 Spec is for Novice drivers. Novice is usually a beginner in most areas. Anyone who is into getting the best battery and tweaking a sealed can motor is not a true novice in the spirit of the rules. TL01 should be about the driver and not the equipment that is why it is called spec.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Out here, "Novice" means "Novice"...as in "crashes a lot and is still learning how to drive". That's me.

As has been said several times on here and other threads, the equipment doesn't mean a lot without skills.

Besides, if it was really intended to be run only by 7-year olds with RTR's, it would be fairly easy to write that rule...hell, they could even supply the cars and the batteries...right?

I had heard that it was a fairly competitive and fun class...and the fact that the equipment for it is pretty cheap made it look like a fun class to run.

Guess I shouldn't have bothered to glue my tires on...because a 7-year old wouldn't be able to do that either...LOL

BTW -- I read on here that the right way to break in a silver can motor was to do it in water...I tried it and it didn't work well. The car would barely move. I guess if I was so good, I wouldn't have ruined it...or had to borrow motors from strangers.

Am I cheating by looking for the best way to break it in? No.

Am I looking for an advantage over the next guy? Yes...it's called "racing". You generally show up as prepared as you can be and try to get to the finish line first.

I'm sorry if your son feels like he can't race...there's a grade-school kid out here that will hand me my a** any time I want to run him. That's the really pure thing about this hobby, it is really all about the driving...

Maybe we could all just draw numbers from a hat to determine the finish position.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Izzy, did you take any videos of the TCS?
Old 07-02-2004, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Izzy was too busy setting up his cars at TCS... But brother Nate did... just not sure which mains... I know mine was taped...
Old 07-03-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

Any word on Nats rules yet?
Old 07-04-2004, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Anxious are we?
Old 07-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Anxious are we?
i wanna run TL-01 spec. DOH! ill let that one die. interesting reading though.

good luck to everyone competing up in Nats in Oregon. Washington, Alaska, whereever it is.

TCS Nationals here we come! im still on a high after qualifying! not bad for being only being in rc for a year
Old 07-05-2004, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Anxious are we? [/QUOTE

No, my testing time is just very, very limited and with would be nice to know what the scoop is. Additionally a little birdy told me that the nats rules would be released the week after the RROC.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

eeyan what's up my friend, hope all is well. I just wanted to thank you for your help on my tao4 TRF car. I hav'nt decided what class I want to run in laurel other than F1. I have a few new cars that I've never ran. EVO III, 414m2, tao4 TRF & now a new tb02 . Would you be so kind as to email me your gt3 set up. This is the class I think I want to run. Thankx.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Neil thanks for treading kits with me, that was real kool. You were on point in F1.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary

Additionally a little birdy told me that the nats rules would be released the week after the RROC.
Either that birdy got WestNile virus or we will be waiting until after RROC 2005....
Old 07-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by MARSHALL LAW
Neil thanks for treading kits with me, that was real kool. You were on point in F1.
No prob, Juan A wanted to trade the kit you traded to me with an unknown kit he had. I turned him down.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:22 PM
Tech Champion

gcooper, are you going to the nats? It would be nice to meet you face to face.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.