Tamiya Championship Series

Old 05-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for your help guys. As Mike said, you'll be seeing our app. shortly
Old 05-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
I am telling you right now we ALL would have alot more fun if a few of the TCS races would be held in the parkinglot of a gentlemans club in Vegas. So lets put the past behind us and look forward to some good ol racing at Cheetah's or The Crazy Horse. God knows there is no short supply of plastic options there. Or body hop-ups as I call them.
Tell me when and where.

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Who are you fooling Brandon ? You would run ANY TCS race, California, Seattle, Maryland, Wisconsin, Tennessee or even in Guam if it where run in the parking lot of a strip club !
He is fooling no one, the rest of the guys that visit this thread. There waiting for a date so they can book a plane ticket.

Originally Posted by racenut123
+1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+20

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 05-10-2008, 05:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
I am telling you right now we ALL would have alot more fun if a few of the TCS races would be held in the parkinglot of a gentlemans club in Vegas. So lets put the past behind us and look forward to some good ol racing at Cheetah's or The Crazy Horse. God knows there is no short supply of plastic options there. Or body hop-ups as I call them.
OK, I would attend this one....
Old 05-10-2008, 01:42 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

all this bicker amongst the issues, all the while HPI and USVTA are growing stronger for 'fun' class racing giving fresh avenues of racing to the hobby.

we've all seen what happens when this happens, and its not good.

R
Old 05-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Probably the hardest thing about TCS racing is being fortunate in just have one race in your area. Which would be within a few hours of driving. During the early years each host track used to have 2 races a year. I can see how 1 track having 2 races could stimulate growth or 2 tracks having 1 race in an area create more opportunities for TCS racers to spend money and race their cars. Currently if you want to race again or a 2nd time you have to drive 9 hours plus (from Illinois) or pack for air travel.

The frustraition for many has been buying a car to run for 1 race then it either is not supported as a class or venue for the next year leaving a void then creating ebay sales. I know my summer parkinglot racing track could very easily support a TCS race. I would be estatic about driving 20 min to a TCS race. Unfortunately they don't support Tamiya parts and are just trying to create a profitable business in difficult economic times. Although the Tamiya TCS hoops were small enough, you never know it might be worth approaching them on a race.

I think about how much I have spent to just goto a race. Last years nationals I would have loved to roll out of bed as a local vs spending $700++ just to be there, that does not include buying parts/tires. Is this a rant, not really, just plain economics and how it might effect future decisions in constricting times.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:36 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

well said.

R
Old 05-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

just curious, but does anyone know with any certainty, what percentage of Tamiya's overall sales r/c cars is. Also, what percentage of their sales is comprised of cars and parts for the TCS series. It seems to me that based on these sales figures, the people running the TCS Series are given a budget. I'm also aware that whatever advertising value is factored in. Also, is each country or region worldwide given a different budget??
Old 05-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Probably the hardest thing about TCS racing is being fortunate in just have one race in your area. Which would be within a few hours of driving. During the early years each host track used to have 2 races a year. I can see how 1 track having 2 races could stimulate growth or 2 tracks having 1 race in an area create more opportunities for TCS racers to spend money and race their cars. Currently if you want to race again or a 2nd time you have to drive 9 hours plus (from Illinois) or pack for air travel.

The frustraition for many has been buying a car to run for 1 race then it either is not supported as a class or venue for the next year leaving a void then creating ebay sales. I know my summer parkinglot racing track could very easily support a TCS race. I would be estatic about driving 20 min to a TCS race. Unfortunately they don't support Tamiya parts and are just trying to create a profitable business in difficult economic times. Although the Tamiya TCS hoops were small enough, you never know it might be worth approaching them on a race.

I think about how much I have spent to just goto a race. Last years nationals I would have loved to roll out of bed as a local vs spending $700++ just to be there, that does not include buying parts/tires. Is this a rant, not really, just plain economics and how it might effect future decisions in constricting times.
Originally Posted by ultegrasti
well said.

R
WINNER!!!!!!!! Well put A-KO....
Old 05-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larrio
Things have been a bit busy with RCX, NRHSA, Montana Rock Crawling, and the Shizuoka Hobby show. I'm sure we will direct our efforts on TCS soon.
I love racing in the TCS Series! There are many Great People that race in the series. There is only one thing I would love to see is to have the Rules Posted before the New Season. That way some of us can work on the cars a couple months before the new season.
Keep up the Good Work!
Dave
Old 05-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default TCS Final - Date?

Is there a date yet for the TCS Final at the Aliso Viejo, California track? Hopefully it would be after RC Madness and early August. Schools here in Maryland start last week in August. Plus, we need time to lock in those airplane ticket prices before they skyrocket.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Finals!

I believe it will be the 23rd-24th of August. Open practice starts the 21st on a Thursday!
This is not official yet but I'm 99% sure!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Really? I kinda figured it would be the weekend of the 16th-17th, if Fred's trying to accommodate racers who attend both the TCS Nats and the IIC.

Two weekends of racing in a row -especially two like the Nats and the IIC race- is tough on any crowd of enthusiasts. Since the IIC is the last weekend in August, I just assumed that Fred would want to kick the Nats back another week to the 16th & 17th. That way the Nats guys who are going to the IIC have a chance to swap out their equipment, take a shower, and rest for a few days before heading to Vegas.

Seems much more likely to me that Nats guys would want to go to the IIC than that CT racers would come out to CA for the TCS Nats. But, who knows?
Old 05-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
just curious, but does anyone know with any certainty, what percentage of Tamiya's overall sales r/c cars is. Also, what percentage of their sales is comprised of cars and parts for the TCS series. It seems to me that based on these sales figures, the people running the TCS Series are given a budget. I'm also aware that whatever advertising value is factored in. Also, is each country or region worldwide given a different budget??
This has been asked before without direct numbers but plastic models is a much higher part of Tamiya's business than R/C. Also, people that know Tamiya well know that Tamiya Japan, and as important, the Japanese market is what pushes Tamiya. Many were sad to see F201's die. Why did they ? Because Japan lost interest in the class, it was dropped form the Tamiya World Finals and the trickle down effect was felt by all. As for actual budgets, doubtful Tamiya or would give out that info. Many companies would consider that confidential information.

One comment I see lots of times is people saying how they bought a Tamiya just to run the one Tamiya race a year in their area and are dissapointed. Really ? I happen to run Tamiya's and am happy for the opportunity to run a National Series race form that manufacture. The HPI series started back up this year but I didn't run out and get an HPI just because of that series. Having a Tamiya race can help get local interest but unless a person has a pretty good racing budget, it seems hard to justify buying a complete car and parts to run once a year.

Jeff, I know how you feel about the Nationals being in California but Tamiya USA is in California. Kind of like why the run the Reedy Invitational in California. And, Tamiya has there own top notch track to race at. I would have loved to run the SCCA NAtionals at Road Atalanta but my $ 5000.00 + and 2-1/2 weeks of vacation time to tow, race and tow home were out of my budget. However, there was always a very large group of South East drivers at the Nationals, driving on their home track each year that only had to spend 1/4 of what I would have plus take only a week vacation and not have to tow a race car almost 6,000 miles round trip.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

How long will the F103gt class stay around?
Seeing the start of the GT10 class.
Just curious
Dave
Old 05-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Red face FINALS - IIC

Originally Posted by rccardr
Really? I kinda figured it would be the weekend of the 16th-17th, if Fred's trying to accommodate racers who attend both the TCS Nats and the IIC.

Two weekends of racing in a row -especially two like the Nats and the IIC race- is tough on any crowd of enthusiasts. Since the IIC is the last weekend in August, I just assumed that Fred would want to kick the Nats back another week to the 16th & 17th. That way the Nats guys who are going to the IIC have a chance to swap out their equipment, take a shower, and rest for a few days before heading to Vegas.

Seems much more likely to me that Nats guys would want to go to the IIC than that CT racers would come out to CA for the TCS Nats. But, who knows?
Like I said nothing official but me and my son are planning on doing IIC also so I know what your saying. I too would like a week off before the next big race but Vegas will be more of a fun race for me,if you know what I mean!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.