Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 05-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Do we need to send you some cheese to go with your whine ? All you do is bitch about TCS and Tamiya. I attend the West Coast TCS races and Tamiya's support is strong, not going down hill like you always complain. You think it might be your LHS and not Tamiya ? SIR in Seattle had tons of Tamiya parts in stock when I raced their regional in March. I guess that is because they order parts regularly and some local drivers run Tamiya to help support thier sales.

Last year at the Nor Cal race, the regular race director had left to be involved with another shop. Fred in respect to the years of support from the regular track gave them the '07 race. Things did not go very smooth and would have been worse if the Tamiya employees did not step in to pretty much run things. This year, another shop that supports Tamiya products and had requested to get the race last year, was awarded the race this year. Larry with Tamiya even created a package for tracks / shops interested in getting a race to help in the process of gaining new venues. And you say Tamiya is doing less to support the series and the racers ? Other than HPI reviving their series, what is Losi, Associated or any of the other major manufactures doing to support the local drivers nationwide ? Seems Tamiya is trying to do more

I personally will enjoy racing the TCS series the rest of this year, next year and beyond. Even if TCS went away, I would still run my TA05's and 415's at the local races because I like the cars. I hope you sell your F103 soon so we want have to hear your constant griping on this post.
And you point is?
Must be a west coast thing....
Old 05-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Wow, this really isn't the type of response I was hoping for.

I posted on here in an effort to keep the TCS going in my region since it looks as though the prior host will not be able to do so. I was not looking forward to this type of negativity.

If anyone can point me in the right direction and let me know who I need to talk to, or if anyone has any form of help at all to help keep TCS alive in MD, please PM me.

Thanks,
Robbie
Old 05-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by punkboy

I posted on here in an effort to keep the TCS going in my region since it looks as though the prior host will not be able to do so. I was not looking forward to this type of negativity.

If anyone can point me in the right direction and let me know who I need to talk to, or if anyone has any form of help at all to help keep TCS alive in MD, please PM me.

Thanks,
Robbie
Sorry Robbie, I'll keep my opinion out from now on ) the C tried to keep it going last year and this year as well ( The C owner ) but never heard back from Tamiya. I hope you have b etter luck than he did.... Maybe Casey Young can help.....
Old 05-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

TCS Racing is the best racing series available today - period. Not trying to debate, dis-respect or change anyones opinion about any manufacturer, but objectively Tamiya has been the only company in the RC car business that has made the effort and investment to provide a long running, professional run racing series, with a real payoff to the winners. (I know HPI has one currently).

Anyone who has or currently races RC cars should give Tamiya their due respect, they have earned it.

Is Tamiya the perfect company, of course not, they do things as a company that is sometimes just plain wrong, but overall I give them a thumbs up. I only wish their were more manufacturers that would do the things that Tamiya has done and currently does when it comes to providing an well organized Racing Series (at no cost mind you).

If attendance is going down, it is not because of Tamiya, I would lay that blame on the door step of all the other manufacturers that have done nothing in the way of providing a long running race series to help lift the hobby of RC car racing to the next level.

Be careful what you wish for.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by punkboy

Thanks,
Robbie

I doubt that Laurel could've held a race last year without your help, and it was terrific, well run race on a very challenging surface as it always has been at Laurel, thanks to you guys....... This year, whether its held at Laurel or GB, count me in!

bruce
Old 05-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
.... Larry with Tamiya even created a package for tracks / shops interested in getting a race to help in the process of gaining new venues.
Anyway we could get Larry's contact info to get one of these packages?
Old 05-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
And you point is?
Must be a west coast thing....
You just made my point. Can't address the issues I pointed out, just me ?

Punkboy and Killingtime- contact Larry at Tamiya. He created a packet to help people who want to put on TCS events and can probably answer your questions. Larry is in the Marketing Dept for Tamiya and works for Fred. There 800 number is 800-826-4922. Ask for Larry Chen. He also checks this thread some times and user name is larrio (check page 267 of this thread).
Old 05-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Kevin, we'll do our very best to keep TCS up and running in MD.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs_races/tcs_site_reg.php

that is an online app for TCS races... dunno if that helps.

i have been running TCS since about 04... mainly the Memphis qualifiers... but i have been to the Finals twice. once in 05 and last year.

i like running them for sure... but i do agree with some of the above statements. when in CA, there is tons of support, but when you get out here to Memphis, its a little weak. it does seem the support is mainly out west.

i would love to attend more Finals, but it isnt cost effective to travel to CA every year, after spending $$ on tires... maybe if it was more centrally located....
Old 05-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

It's off the main website:

TCS Host Site Registration
http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs_races/tcs_site_reg.php

As for the Coliseum, last I checked I was in contact with them. I got their application also.

In regards to TCS site attendance, we have all figures since the 90's so in that regards I'd say people are wrong in that attendance has dropped. I can tell you though that the T-shirt sizes have grown proportionally larger through the years. And yes, we keep track of that also.

Things have been a bit busy with RCX, NRHSA, Montana Rock Crawling, and the Shizuoka Hobby show. I'm sure we will direct our efforts on TCS soon.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:32 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm sorry you feel the way you do about how TCS has been run this year, but we have heard nothing but positive things from fellow racers about how they have enjoyed their races.

As far as your issues, we are already planning races for next season so we will still be around putting on events for you to come and attend if you would like to.

If there is anything you would like to express about how you felt the TCS event was done that you are happy or unhappy with, we are always happy to hear from the racers about what we can do better, or continue to do to make TCS better.

Last edited by AWK; 05-09-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys, you'll be seeing our application very soon.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am telling you right now we ALL would have alot more fun if a few of the TCS races would be held in the parkinglot of a gentlemans club in Vegas. So lets put the past behind us and look forward to some good ol racing at Cheetah's or The Crazy Horse. God knows there is no short supply of plastic options there. Or body hop-ups as I call them.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
I am telling you right now we ALL would have alot more fun if a few of the TCS races would be held in the parkinglot of a gentlemans club in Vegas. So lets put the past behind us and look forward to some good ol racing at Cheetah's or The Crazy Horse. God knows there is no short supply of plastic options there. Or body hop-ups as I call them.
Who are you fooling Brandon ? You would run ANY TCS race, California, Seattle, Maryland, Wisconsin, Tennessee or even in Guam if it where run in the parking lot of a strip club !
Old 05-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

+1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.