Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 05-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by punkboy
Hello All,

I'm under the impression that there is some confusion about the status of the Laurel, MD TCS. I myself am somewhat confused as well. I'd like to find out any info you guys may have. Last year after Laurel's equipment was stolen my local track (HobbyTown USA in Glen Burnie, MD) helped by providing the barriers, scoring system, etc. It seems as though Laurel has not been able to come up with racing equipment as of yet, and if possible my track is very interested in offering our help again this year. I understand it is a little late to be trying to figure this out, but if there is time I'd like for the TCS promoters and racers to seriously consider our location in Glen Burnie. I can provide more info if needed but I want to make sure the help is needed first.

Thanks guys,
Robbie Dodge, Race Director @ HTU Glen Burnie, MD
Great idea Robbie. I am also from HT of Glen Burnie, MD and my son and I raced last year and would like the opertunity to race again this year.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The C in Frederick stepped up 2 years ago and got nothing from Tamiya in return. They asked for a race last year and again this year and have not heard back from Tamiya. And people wonder why the turn-out has dropped off in this area?!?!?!?!?

I'm hoping some one in this area will hold a TCS race so I can dump my last Tamiya car on someone... GT103 is my last Tamiya car that I have and will ever have...
Old 05-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by punkboy
Hello All,

I'm under the impression that there is some confusion about the status of the Laurel, MD TCS. I myself am somewhat confused as well. I'd like to find out any info you guys may have. Last year after Laurel's equipment was stolen my local track (HobbyTown USA in Glen Burnie, MD) helped by providing the barriers, scoring system, etc. It seems as though Laurel has not been able to come up with racing equipment as of yet, and if possible my track is very interested in offering our help again this year. I understand it is a little late to be trying to figure this out, but if there is time I'd like for the TCS promoters and racers to seriously consider our location in Glen Burnie. I can provide more info if needed but I want to make sure the help is needed first.

Thanks guys,
Robbie Dodge, Race Director @ HTU Glen Burnie, MD

I also am from Hobbytown glen burnie but only started racing 1/10 this season but had attended a previous race. id at all possible it would be great to have the TCS at HTGB if Laurel could'nt uphold the responsibility.
-Markus
Old 05-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

I'd like to give my vote up to Glen Burnie as well. That track has always had a very strong weekly showing of Mini's. I also know that there are quite a few Tamiya diehards that wouldn't run anything but. The program has been up and running for 8+ years, if not more. I would like to see them take the torch from Laurel and keep the TCS alive and kicking.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
The C in Frederick stepped up 2 years ago and got nothing from Tamiya in return. They asked for a race last year and again this year and have not heard back from Tamiya. And people wonder why the turn-out has dropped off in this area?!?!?!?!?

I'm hoping some one in this area will hold a TCS race so I can dump my last Tamiya car on someone... GT103 is my last Tamiya car that I have and will ever have...
Sorry to hear that Rick. It was always fun racing with you.

IMO though, it's not about what Tamiya does for the track. A few door prizes would be nice, but I'm happy with just another reason to gather as many racers together and have fun.

So, .....whatcha sellin' that 103 for?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by killingtime
Sorry to hear that Rick. It was always fun racing with you.

IMO though, it's not about what Tamiya does for the track. A few door prizes would be nice, but I'm happy with just another reason to gather as many racers together and have fun.

So, .....whatcha sellin' that 103 for?
$75 as is because I just want to get rid of any Tamiya car I have... It's not the door prizes, it was the lack of support both car and race that I have an issue with. The TCS race series has gone down hill the last 3 years and I expect this year or next will be the last one...
Old 05-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Check your PMs Rick.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

$75 as is because I just want to get rid of any Tamiya car I have... It's not the door prizes, it was the lack of support both car and race that I have an issue with. The TCS race series has gone down hill the last 3 years and I expect this year or next will be the last one...
Dude,
Why dont you give the whole "Tamiya Sucks" campaign a rest. No Tamiya is not perfect, but they still run the TCS and as far as I can see will continue to. I am taking a break from TCS and really RC in general to attend to some upcoming family commitments, but I am already looking forward to coming back and racing at least 1 TCS race a year. Everytime you make a post its about how Tamiya wronged you or whatever, and quite frankly its getting old. If you feel so strongly about it, then move on, you and your attitude wont be missed one bit
Old 05-09-2008, 04:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Dude,
Why dont you give the whole "Tamiya Sucks" campaign a rest. No Tamiya is not perfect, but they still run the TCS and as far as I can see will continue to. I am taking a break from TCS and really RC in general to attend to some upcoming family commitments, but I am already looking forward to coming back and racing at least 1 TCS race a year. Everytime you make a post its about how Tamiya wronged you or whatever, and quite frankly its getting old. If you feel so strongly about it, then move on, you and your attitude wont be missed one bit
Instead of addressing me, how about addressing the issues I've point out?

Dude....
Old 05-09-2008, 04:46 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

^^^^^^

"Guns or knives, Butch?!!!"

Oh,yeah --- and "lighten up, Francis!!"
Old 05-09-2008, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Nice signature Doc.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Rick, despite your statements to the contrary, the TCS series is alive and well and thriving around the USA- yes, even in the DC area. We just got back from the Memphis event where there were over 140 entries...including ten or so from the DC/MD/VA racing community. Seems to me last year's Laurel race was also very well attended at 110+, with racers coming from as far away as the Carolinas, Wisconsin and New York. It's too bad that you decided not to show, as everyone seemed to be having a good time.

We all know about your problems locating option parts for your F103GT. I recall personally offering to sell you the new replacement parts you needed for what I paid for them. But by then you had decided to dump your Tamiya stuff, and frankly, I didn't understand it any better then than I do today. Trust me, at some point you will find it equally hard to find parts for whatever brand you run- it's simply part of the hobby. And to be honest, with today's global marketplace, I can find pretty much anything I want for any of my cars as long as I'm willing to pay for it and ship it here from overseas.

With regard to track venues and race dates for TCS, there's a lot more behind those decisions- on both the Tamiya and venure side- than you or I will ever truly understand. Suffice to say that over the past several years I (and several other people) have had personal conversations with both Richard and Tamiya trying to get them together & if it was going to be easy (or simple) it would already have happened. Not to say it won't happen in the future, but it's...complex.

Come on back, Rick. You may be crusty and a constant complainer, but we love ya.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

ditto, doc
Old 05-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rccardr
Rick, despite your statements to the contrary, the TCS series is alive and well and thriving around the USA- yes, even in the DC area. We just got back from the Memphis event where there were over 140 entries...including ten or so from the DC/MD/VA racing community. Seems to me last year's Laurel race was also very well attended at 110+, with racers coming from as far away as the Carolinas, Wisconsin and New York. It's too bad that you decided not to show, as everyone seemed to be having a good time.

We all know about your problems locating option parts for your F103GT. I recall personally offering to sell you the new replacement parts you needed for what I paid for them. But by then you had decided to dump your Tamiya stuff, and frankly, I didn't understand it any better then than I do today. Trust me, at some point you will find it equally hard to find parts for whatever brand you run- it's simply part of the hobby. And to be honest, with today's global marketplace, I can find pretty much anything I want for any of my cars as long as I'm willing to pay for it and ship it here from overseas.

With regard to track venues and race dates for TCS, there's a lot more behind those decisions- on both the Tamiya and venure side- than you or I will ever truly understand. Suffice to say that over the past several years I (and several other people) have had personal conversations with both Richard and Tamiya trying to get them together & if it was going to be easy (or simple) it would already have happened. Not to say it won't happen in the future, but it's...complex.

Come on back, Rick. You may be crusty and a constant complainer, but we love ya.
Thank you Doc for addressing the issues, now my turn..
Laurel 3 years ago 150 + 2 years 120+ last year maybe 90 Max....
F103GT support, I did thanks you for the offer but the point was and still is Tamiya won't even support it...

Races: 2001 4, 2002 -9, 2003 10, 2004 9, 2005 10, 2006 9, 2007 7, and 2008 7 maybe.. Laurel might not have the race, nothing on their website....
Richard and others have reached out to Tamiya for a race but have never heard anything back from them....

The TCS series was once a great event that a lot of people looked forward to running in, but just like my hair its receding too... Even Randy's dad posted that the attendance has gone dowhill..
Old 05-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Do we need to send you some cheese to go with your whine ? All you do is bitch about TCS and Tamiya. I attend the West Coast TCS races and Tamiya's support is strong, not going down hill like you always complain. You think it might be your LHS and not Tamiya ? SIR in Seattle had tons of Tamiya parts in stock when I raced their regional in March. I guess that is because they order parts regularly and some local drivers run Tamiya to help support thier sales.

Last year at the Nor Cal race, the regular race director had left to be involved with another shop. Fred in respect to the years of support from the regular track gave them the '07 race. Things did not go very smooth and would have been worse if the Tamiya employees did not step in to pretty much run things. This year, another shop that supports Tamiya products and had requested to get the race last year, was awarded the race this year. Larry with Tamiya even created a package for tracks / shops interested in getting a race to help in the process of gaining new venues. And you say Tamiya is doing less to support the series and the racers ? Other than HPI reviving their series, what is Losi, Associated or any of the other major manufactures doing to support the local drivers nationwide ? Seems Tamiya is trying to do more

I personally will enjoy racing the TCS series the rest of this year, next year and beyond. Even if TCS went away, I would still run my TA05's and 415's at the local races because I like the cars. I hope you sell your F103 soon so we want have to hear your constant griping on this post.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.