Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree830Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr. devenwhite
so was this weekend's race as long and tiering as last years.
compared to Aliso, Seattle was a breeze. I actually got to eat and take several bathroom breaks.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Default Memphis TCS 2008

News you have been waiting for ....... The Memphis Tamiya TCS race will be held Sunday, 4 May.
Entry form is now online:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs_races/register_135.php
The track will be setup Friday evening, and a club race will be run on Saturday.
Hope to see ya'll there.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Whatever you do, don't miss the Memphis TCS!
These guys put on a really fun, traditional parking-lot race event.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by larrio
compared to Aliso, Seattle was a breeze. I actually got to eat and take several bathroom breaks.
thats good. you didn't smell to good at the last race when you pissed all over yourself.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

pictures and results

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs_races/r...tcs_race-id=76
Old 04-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default future of RC racing in So Cal

As we all know, the future of the Tamiya USA test track is in question. The final count down has been postponed once and no one knows when the actual last day will come and the facility is handed over to a new owner. The only certainty is it will come too soon. The loss of the Tamiya track will leave OC without any quality venues for RC practice and racing. If Tamiya has plans for another track, they are not letting them be publicly known and I fear that without a place to practice that is reasonably priced, challenging, and well attended with good folk, this hobby will sit on the shelf.

Tamiya, Kosho, Losi, HPI, Associated, Orion, Reedy, Novak, HiTec, Airtronics.
I believe the corporate representation of the industry leaders is the highest Southern California of any other area of the USA, if not the world. It seems reasonable that these manufacturers and suppliers could/should get together in the best interest of the hobby and support a track that is open most days of the year for a nominal fee. . It is within reason that a permanent track that is maintained and funded with the cooperation of the Industry leaders in Southern California be established. On the surface what I am proposing is simple, and worth the challenges of bringing these rivals together for a common good. In return for sponsorship, it would be reasonable that the track could be reserved for exclusive events such as the TCS series, Reedy race, or a ROAR event.

As for a location, it should be possible for a dedicated track to exist on public property that would be sustainable into the foreseeable future within the Great Park of Irvine. The Great Park planning commission is currently entertaining suggestions as to the possible usage of areas within the park.

What if.....?
Old 04-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
As we all know, the future of the Tamiya USA test track is in question. The final count down has been postponed once and no one knows when the actual last day will come and the facility is handed over to a new owner. The only certainty is it will come too soon. The loss of the Tamiya track will leave OC without any quality venues for RC practice and racing. If Tamiya has plans for another track, they are not letting them be publicly known and I fear that without a place to practice that is reasonably priced, challenging, and well attended with good folk, this hobby will sit on the shelf.

I believe the corporate representation of the industry leaders is the highest Southern California of any other area of the USA, if not the world. It seems reasonable that these manufacturers and suppliers could/should get together in the best interest of the hobby and support a track that is open most days of the year for a nominal fee. . It is within reason that a permanent track that is maintained and funded with the cooperation of the Industry leaders in Southern California be established. On the surface what I am proposing is simple, and worth the challenges of bringing these rivals together for a common good. In return for sponsorship, it would be reasonable that the track could be reserved for exclusive events such as the TCS series, Reedy race, or a ROAR event.

As for a location, it should be possible for a dedicated track to exist on public property that would be sustainable into the foreseeable future within the Great Park of Irvine. The Great Park planning commission is currently entertaining suggestions as to the possible usage of areas within the park.

What if.....?
all you would need really is to come up with a proposal with valid numbers (i.e. how many racers attend TCS, the kind of foot traffic it brings in, etc etc). with cities opening skate parks for the kids... i find it hard to believe they wouldnt want to hear the ideas behind an rc track. the amount of business alone and they type of people rc racers are (willing to spend $400 on an rc car) should be a lucrative venture for any city to take on.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

FOUR WEEKS TO MEMPHIS !!! FOUR WEEKS TO MEMPHIS !!! FOUR WEEKS TO MEMPHIS !!! FOUR WEEKS TO MEMPHIS !!! FOUR WEEKS TO MEMPHIS !!! FOUR WEEKS TO MEMPHIS !!! FOUR WEEKS TO MEMPHIS !!! FOUR WEEKS TO MEMPHIS !!! FOUR WEEKS TO MEMPHIS !!! FOUR WEEKS TO MEMPHIS !!!

Thanks...I feel much better now.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Missing my first Memphis race in 5 years.

You guys have a good time! It's always a fun race weekend.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Bummer you can't make it Bill
See everone in 4 weeks!!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z

What if.....?
I have heard where I live a local HS had an opportunity to move into a place rent free to setup a carpet track. All they would have to do is pay utilities. I think with the uncertanty of the times and the amount of upfront costs/work they might wait till fall, if they do it at all. Summer around here is not a healthy time for indoor tracks.

There are opportunities out there. Having a coalition track might be a way to make something viable. Although Park Districts usually have money to burn and making an outdoor trackpark could be something easy to do if there is a demand for it... It usually starts with people making contact, might take a few years, it is viable.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Missing my first Memphis race in 5 years.

You guys have a good time! It's always a fun race weekend.
sorry you cant make it Bill... but yay, now i can move up a spot! lol!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

What spot ar you moving up to?????
cya
Old 04-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

right behind you, Mike! lol!!!

i did have a question for Larry... in GT1, the brushless is 10.5. mine is actually the old 4300 can, is that ok, or does it have to be the 10.5? im still undecided whether to run GT2 or 3 anyway, just trying to be prepared.

registered today! so far, i did Mini and GT1, but that may be subject to change...

Wes
Old 04-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Turbonium
right behind you, Mike! lol!!!

i did have a question for Larry... in GT1, the brushless is 10.5. mine is actually the old 4300 can, is that ok, or does it have to be the 10.5? im still undecided whether to run GT2 or 3 anyway, just trying to be prepared.

registered today! so far, i did Mini and GT1, but that may be subject to change...

Wes
I'll have to check with Novak for you.
EDIT: Novak says that the 4300 is essentially the same as the 10.5 motor. "It's rated as a 10.5 but if the gentleman runs it against a new Velociti 10.5 it will be significantly slower in comparison".

As for opening a track and co-op with manufacturers, apparently someone has already thought of it:
http://www.ocrcraceway.com/partner.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.