Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 414MPH

Larry, bring back F-103 Formula cars...PLEASE!!!!

Marty

Count me in....... esp with foam tires!

bruce
Old 03-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Bruce- Is the Hickman Hauler and Hinkley Trailer going to make it to Memphis this year?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rccardr
Bruce- Is the Hickman Hauler and Hinkley Trailer going to make it to Memphis this year?

Yes. We've just completed our department head meetings. The Wi. division will be well-represented at Memphis, and although both Virginia and California divisions have submitted budget proposals, no approval has been granted at this time. Unfortunately, the budget review process in Va and Ca are lengthy and require extensive commitee negotiations.

bruce
Old 03-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Larrio, has there been any more thought on allowing the Ener_G 4600 NiMh's for TCS races(as I had asked earlier, I'm covered now with the ruling on the SMC LiPo, but some of my friends can only get those Ener-G NiMh cells because their matchers only sell those)? They are ROAR legal, but I still haven't seen them on the TCS list....
Old 03-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Doc
Yes. We've just completed our department head meetings. The Wi. division will be well-represented at Memphis, and although both Virginia and California divisions have submitted budget proposals, no approval has been granted at this time. Unfortunately, the budget review process in Va and Ca are lengthy and require extensive commitee negotiations.

bruce
Oh the wives said no, I know how that feels.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Larrio, has there been any more thought on allowing the Ener_G 4600 NiMh's for TCS races(as I had asked earlier, I'm covered now with the ruling on the SMC LiPo, but some of my friends can only get those Ener-G NiMh cells because their matchers only sell those)? They are ROAR legal, but I still haven't seen them on the TCS list....
Just as a heads up, the Ener_G cells seem to be a lot safer than the IB4200. At the ROAR nats last week I didn't hear of a single battery explosion like with the 4200's. Now there were a few packs that went, but one was due to incorrect wiring to the Speedo, one went on a discharger, and I believe the other was a 1/12 scale that got 2-boned and the battery bars shorted against each other...
Old 03-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Addict

WOW!!!!!!!!! Doc builds mad rip!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just got my TCS shirt... I hate brown.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

...and brown hates you. Which makes it kinda fair, when you think about it.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
The TCS rules allow most hobby-grade NiMh and NiCD batteries. We try to list every manufacturer and battery type but it's difficult.

The general rule of thumb is that if it's on the ROAR approved list, then it is legal for TCS (although asking in advance is still advised). In this case, the "EnerG 4600 Black & Green shrink w/silver trim, white lettering" was approved by ROAR on 1/6/08 and is therefore legal for TCS races.

source: http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/sbattery.php
Old 03-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larrio
The TCS rules allow most hobby-grade NiMh and NiCD batteries. We try to list every manufacturer and battery type but it's difficult.

The general rule of thumb is that if it's on the ROAR approved list, then it is legal for TCS (although asking in advance is still advised). In this case, the "EnerG 4600 Black & Green shrink w/silver trim, white lettering" was approved by ROAR on 1/6/08 and is therefore legal for TCS races.

source: http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/sbattery.php
Are you bringing your volt meter in case anyone decides to try to change labels on the new Orion 3 cell 11.1 volt Lipo ? Look forward to seeing you in Seattle. We will make sure to tell the people at the hotel to have the "special room" waiting for you.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Are you bringing your volt meter in case anyone decides to try to change labels on the new Orion 3 cell 11.1 volt Lipo ? Look forward to seeing you in Seattle. We will make sure to tell the people at the hotel to have the "special room" waiting for you.
you mean this 11.1v lipo?

Old 03-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

We will make sure to tell the people at the hotel to have the "special room" waiting for you.
Would that be the one with the built-in restraints?

Wish I could be there for the TCS event. Having a super time in Yosemite, but still....

All you guys with Red Dot Power- do me proud this weekend!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
We will make sure to tell the people at the hotel to have the "special room" waiting for you.
Maybe that's why Doug was ordering livestock.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Would that be the one with the built-in restraints?

Wish I could be there for the TCS event. Having a super time in Yosemite, but still....

All you guys with Red Dot Power- do me proud this weekend!
Just sneek out here for the day. I could have a car race ready for you in under an hour.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.