Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree824Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-12-2008, 04:37 PM
  #7786  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 1,660
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by madjack
Sadly, I think it is safe to assume we saw more than one "accidentally incorrectly charged” mini's run in the mains

nothing like a 10V mini to drop your lap times...and feel free to compare the times from the recent TA event.

Bring on the volt meters and brushless 21.5's!
For the record.....I wasn't accusing ANYONE! The thought honestly never crossed my mind that someone could crack open a case and drop a ~1200mAh 11.1V 3S pack in there. I sure hope that didn't happen.
minimadman2003 is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 05:09 PM
  #7787  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,901
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
For the record.....I wasn't accusing ANYONE! The thought honestly never crossed my mind that someone could crack open a case and drop a ~1200mAh 11.1V 3S pack in there. I sure hope that didn't happen.
nope, I was talking toward the fact if you charge the lipo in the incorrect mode (fire as a possible) the batts will continue to climb in voltage past the 8.4V limits until they puff or worse....
madjack is offline  
Old 03-13-2008, 01:14 AM
  #7788  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Wicked-Wayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Do you feel you're a star?
Posts: 2,033
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larrio
For those that are within a 15 mile radius of Trackside Hobbies, I'll be shipping the T-shirt to the store. The following zip codes fall into this 15 mile radius: 53213, 53214, 53217, 53186, 53222, 53226, 53227, 53005, 53130, 53209, 53051

Everyone else I'll be shipping the T-shirt to the address listed on your TCS sign-up. Remember that only people that signed up and received a confirmation will be receiving a T-shirt.

Please call customer service for any questions: 800-TAMIYA-A
Ok Larry thanks alot, mine is being shipped to me then. Can't wait to add to my collection. I can't race worth a crap so the shirt is my award.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Wicked-Wayz is offline  
Old 03-13-2008, 08:36 AM
  #7789  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by linger
RacePenis - quit whining and get out and Race. There is now a lipo overcharge rule so this problem will go away. Hurry up and get a Durga - mine is on the way and I'll need someone to hack.
Linger, you got PM.. URGENT!! Need some BATTERY help/advice..

-O
OSherman is offline  
Old 03-14-2008, 08:06 AM
  #7790  
Tech Adept
 
larrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 199
Default

SMC Lightning Volts red hardcase lipos added to the TCS lipo list:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs_races/rules.php

Part #4028LD (Li-Polymer 4000mAh 28C)
Part #5028LD (Li-Polymer 5000mAh 28C)
larrio is offline  
Old 03-14-2008, 03:07 PM
  #7791  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (114)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Janesville, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,919
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Any word on the Location for the US Finals??

----> Trackside

Dave H.
dragracer72nova is offline  
Old 03-14-2008, 03:10 PM
  #7792  
Tech Adept
 
larrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 199
Default

Originally Posted by dragracer72nova
Any word on the Location for the US Finals??

----> Trackside

Dave H.
No.

I was thinking a random parking lot in the middle of nowhere with last minute notice. Then no one can complain about home track advantage.
larrio is offline  
Old 03-14-2008, 03:26 PM
  #7793  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (114)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Janesville, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,919
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larrio
No.

I was thinking a random parking lot in the middle of nowhere with last minute notice. Then no one can complain about home track advantage.
Thats pretty good!

Then the Guy's that race on the parking lot race tracks would have the advantage!

Pavement Rookie Here

Thank you for the quick reply!
Dave H.
dragracer72nova is offline  
Old 03-14-2008, 03:48 PM
  #7794  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dragracer72nova

Then the Guy's that race on the parking lot race tracks would have the advantage!
No, not really.... Only DRIFTERS would have an advantage..
OSherman is offline  
Old 03-14-2008, 04:00 PM
  #7795  
Tech Regular
 
SilverShelby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Huntsville,AL
Posts: 466
Default

I like that idea!!!!!
SilverShelby is offline  
Old 03-14-2008, 04:47 PM
  #7796  
Tech Master
iTrader: (113)
 
AaronR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Slinger, Wisconsin
Posts: 1,614
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larrio
Everyone else I'll be shipping the T-shirt to the address listed on your TCS sign-up. Remember that only people that signed up and received a confirmation will be receiving a T-shirt.
AWESOME! Look forward to receiving it!
AaronR is offline  
Old 03-14-2008, 06:12 PM
  #7797  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Wicked-Wayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Do you feel you're a star?
Posts: 2,033
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larrio
No.

I was thinking a random parking lot in the middle of nowhere with last minute notice. Then no one can complain about home track advantage.
I thought there was a reason I like you.

Originally Posted by AaronR
AWESOME! Look forward to receiving it!
Yours isn't coming Aaron, I told larry that you didn't want it and give it to a bum in hollywood.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Wicked-Wayz is offline  
Old 03-14-2008, 07:51 PM
  #7798  
Tech Master
iTrader: (113)
 
AaronR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Slinger, Wisconsin
Posts: 1,614
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wicked-Wayz
Yours isn't coming Aaron, I told larry that you didn't want it and give it to a bum in hollywood.
So funny you say that... I was watching that MTV show Rob & Big tonight and they donated alot of Rob's DC shoes and old clothing to homeless around LA!
AaronR is offline  
Old 03-14-2008, 10:36 PM
  #7799  
Tech Adept
 
larrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 199
Default

Originally Posted by AaronR
AWESOME! Look forward to receiving it!
I should note that all the fellas that didn't bother to note their t-shirt size during registration will get an XL size by default.

I have 30 left as of today (Friday 3/14). The batch going to Scotty's and the A-J names went out.
larrio is offline  
Old 03-15-2008, 04:56 PM
  #7800  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Wicked-Wayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Do you feel you're a star?
Posts: 2,033
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AaronR
So funny you say that... I was watching that MTV show Rob & Big tonight and they donated alot of Rob's DC shoes and old clothing to homeless around LA!
I have been donating alot of my old clothes as well and my mom's stuff. I have been donating for years but since my mom passed I have unloaded tons of my stuff.

Originally Posted by larrio
I should note that all the fellas that didn't bother to note their t-shirt size during registration will get an XL size by default.

I have 30 left as of today (Friday 3/14). The batch going to Scotty's and the A-J names went out.
Thanks for sending me my shirt larry I got mine today, they look pretty cool.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Wicked-Wayz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.