Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-11-2008, 08:22 PM
  #7771  
Tech Adept
 
larrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 199
Default

Live and learn.
larrio is offline  
Old 03-11-2008, 10:44 PM
  #7772  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,901
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Wow, never really thought about that. Exactly how fast would a sub-15000 @ 5V silver can spin up on 11.1V???
Sadly, I think it is safe to assume we saw more than one "accidentally incorrectly charged” mini's run in the mains

nothing like a 10V mini to drop your lap times...and feel free to compare the times from the recent TA event.

Bring on the volt meters and brushless 21.5's!

Last edited by madjack; 03-11-2008 at 11:10 PM.
madjack is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 08:50 AM
  #7773  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Wow.Tamiya tries to do the right thing by allowing Lipos and someone figures out a way to bend the rules all for the sake of winning.Surprise,surprise.Not only bending the rules but make racing completely unsafe.If these practices are not put an end to by teching or by other means,I know there will be a small group locally who will not run TCS any longer. I call out anybody who knows they were doing the" accidental battery bump" to actually come out and race a car that has equal power to everyone else.You know who you are.Your the same group who has consistently "twisted the rules" to get an advantage. It's old already.
racenut123 is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 09:33 AM
  #7774  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
linger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racenut123
Wow.Tamiya tries to do the right thing by allowing Lipos and someone figures out a way to bend the rules all for the sake of winning.Surprise,surprise.Not only bending the rules but make racing completely unsafe.If these practices are not put an end to by teching or by other means,I know there will be a small group locally who will not run TCS any longer. I call out anybody who knows they were doing the" accidental battery bump" to actually come out and race a car that has equal power to everyone else.You know who you are.Your the same group who has consistently "twisted the rules" to get an advantage. It's old already.
RacePenis - quit whining and get out and Race. There is now a lipo overcharge rule so this problem will go away. Hurry up and get a Durga - mine is on the way and I'll need someone to hack.
linger is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 09:46 AM
  #7775  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,901
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Durga?

Ling...I thought you were retired champ?
madjack is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 09:54 AM
  #7776  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Wow, never really thought about that. Exactly how fast would a sub-15000 @ 5V silver can spin up on 11.1V???
probably as fast as people using "extra" magnets on their motors too.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 10:47 AM
  #7777  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,324
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racenut123
Wow.Tamiya tries to do the right thing by allowing Lipos and someone figures out a way to bend the rules all for the sake of winning.Surprise,surprise.Not only bending the rules but make racing completely unsafe.If these practices are not put an end to by teching or by other means,I know there will be a small group locally who will not run TCS any longer. I call out anybody who knows they were doing the" accidental battery bump" to actually come out and race a car that has equal power to everyone else.You know who you are.Your the same group who has consistently "twisted the rules" to get an advantage. It's old already.
I agree completely, this is the same group that killed oval and 12th scale a while back. My thought is that there are plenty of races and series where you can be as stupid as you want to be. TCS was always supposed to be a bout Tamiya cars and non professional "hobby" level drivers. So let it be that and leave the motor and battery wars for the ROAR crowd. If I was just now getting into this , I would be very intimidated, and reluctant to get into it. All this on top of the safety issues of charging the Lipos that way
I know that there is a rule in place, but how closely are they going to police it? Remember it only takes one incident to screw it up for everyone. As well as the fact that if this were to become the norm, the cost advantage of Lipos just went out the window
BP SHADOW is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 12:50 PM
  #7778  
AWK
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
AWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,021
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

It's as simple as the rule states. If your Lipo reads 8.44v you will be fine, if it is even as close as 8.45v your batteries are gone. DO NOT OVERCHARGE! It's that simple. For 98% of people this is not going to be an issue. I know most people don't want to throw $80 a pack down the toilet to gain a slight advantage in each heat, but when something like a trip to Japan is at stake, it might be a different story.

We will bring a volt meter to each TCS event from this point on to police this issue. It is something that we were sadle unaware of until after the Aliso TCS race.
AWK is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 01:23 PM
  #7779  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by linger
RacePenis - quit whining and get out and Race. There is now a lipo overcharge rule so this problem will go away. Hurry up and get a Durga - mine is on the way and I'll need someone to hack.
I love you too Ling!

How many times do I have to beat you in offroad before you'll stay retired?
racenut123 is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 01:31 PM
  #7780  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racenut123
I love you too Ling!

How many times do I have to beat you in offroad before you'll stay retired?
hey you two boys with 1 cup. play nice.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 01:38 PM
  #7781  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (54)
 
CSeils's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 890
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Larrio - when do the guys from the Trackside race get their shirts?
CSeils is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 01:43 PM
  #7782  
Tech Adept
 
larrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 199
Default

Originally Posted by CSeils
Larrio - when do the guys from the Trackside race get their shirts?
I wasn't told to ship any out?!?! Let me ask for you.
larrio is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 02:51 PM
  #7783  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Wicked-Wayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Do you feel you're a star?
Posts: 2,033
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CSeils
Larrio - when do the guys from the Trackside race get their shirts?
Thanks for asking Carl, a bunch of us were wondering the same thing. I would give larry's right leg for a tcs t-shirt.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Wicked-Wayz is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 03:43 PM
  #7784  
Tech Adept
 
larrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 199
Default

Originally Posted by Wicked-Wayz
Thanks for asking Carl, a bunch of us were wondering the same thing. I would give larry's right leg for a tcs t-shirt.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
For those that are within a 15 mile radius of Trackside Hobbies, I'll be shipping the T-shirt to the store. The following zip codes fall into this 15 mile radius: 53213, 53214, 53217, 53186, 53222, 53226, 53227, 53005, 53130, 53209, 53051

Everyone else I'll be shipping the T-shirt to the address listed on your TCS sign-up. Remember that only people that signed up and received a confirmation will be receiving a T-shirt.

Please call customer service for any questions: 800-TAMIYA-A
larrio is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 04:34 PM
  #7785  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 1,660
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larrio
For those that are within a 15 mile radius of Trackside Hobbies, I'll be shipping the T-shirt to the store. The following zip codes fall into this 15 mile radius: 53213, 53214, 53217, 53186, 53222, 53226, 53227, 53005, 53130, 53209, 53051

Everyone else I'll be shipping the T-shirt to the address listed on your TCS sign-up. Remember that only people that signed up and received a confirmation will be receiving a T-shirt.

Please call customer service for any questions: 800-TAMIYA-A

You would have shipped it to me? You telling me I flew 2600 miles one way for nothing? I was just going out to Aliso to claim my 2008 T-shirt.......Cuz if you saw me race, you would have known I sure wasn't out there to compete.

minimadman2003 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.