Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larrio
A lot of manufacturers are claiming hard-case packaging where in actuality it's only a piece of plastic shrink-wrapped around the lipo cells. This is inadequate in terms of protection.

As more actual hard-case lipos hit the market, we will update the TCS rules to accommodate.

"SMC have released their lastest competition LiPo cells with the announcement that they will start selling these monster 5000mAh 7.4V packs. Coming supplied with a soft shrink sleeve case, in place of a hard case"
http://www.redrc.net/2007/09/smc-500...-lipo-battery/

The Ener-G lipo ?? (EDITED)
hey Larry... i think that was early info. the ones that SMC just released are hard case. i think...:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=205874

maybe that'll clear it up.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Turbonium
hey Larry... i think that was early info. the ones that SMC just released are hard case. i think...:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=205874

maybe that'll clear it up.
Thanks!

I contacted the company for a sample.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:43 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Rules updates
- New Lipo TECH rule: In the interest of safety and fairness, all LIPO batteries will be volt metered at TECH prior to a "race or qualifying" heat. Lipo batteries exceeding 8.44 volts will not be allowed to race on the track.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

So what was Dylan's Lipo reading before that 3rd main after his 10A peak?
Old 03-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
So what was Dylan's Lipo reading before that 3rd main after his 10A peak?
actually.. charging it at 10a has nothing to do with voltage. IF you charge it in lipo mode at 10a...it'll still "peak" at 8.4v.

its when you charge a LIPO in NIMH mode.. that you can go higher than 8.4V. this will cause the lipo to take more charge, but will most definitely result in cell failure. Ling can explain more as soon as he posts on here.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
actually.. charging it at 10a has nothing to do with voltage. IF you charge it in lipo mode at 10a...it'll still "peak" at 8.4v.

its when you charge a LIPO in NIMH mode.. that you can go higher than 8.4V. this will cause the lipo to take more charge, but will most definitely result in cell failure. Ling can explain more as soon as he posts on here.
Anyone caught doing this should be ejected from the said event, a lot of these people doing this stuff dont know what they are messing with. If anyone gets injured from this stupidity it will put an end to the series for sure. This is the kind of stupidity that makes everyone have to use a charging sack. And for what? a couple of tenths a lap? Lets get real here
Old 03-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
Its an asphalt race...Bring your game because you'll need it.
Ahh yes Mr. Hicks things will be alot different this year in NorCal
No more Clodbuster motors for you this time the playing field will be alot more even, not only will I bring my game but I will bring you a pen and paper for you to take notes on how its played. See you in June
Old 03-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ah....It's back to the motor issue is it? If you still think that I cheated ask Doc if that motor was anything special.He said at best it was average.No bottom and decent RPM.You race this stuff all the time so you had every reason to believe you were coming up and taking a win.I came and won the regional in Fremont with no prep time.Hell I woke up that morning and decided right then I would race TCS,with a car that had sat since the 2006 Nats and was still in pieces 15 minutes before we started.Imagine if I actually prepared?
Na....I will do the same thing with the same result and Fred can unwind my motor at the end so all the nay sayers can choke on their own words about the motor issue.See yall in June....
Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Ahh yes Mr. Hicks things will be alot different this year in NorCal
No more Clodbuster motors for you this time the playing field will be alot more even, not only will I bring my game but I will bring you a pen and paper for you to take notes on how its played. See you in June
Old 03-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
Ah....It's back to the motor issue is it? If you still think that I cheated ask Doc if that motor was anything special.He said at best it was average.No bottom and decent RPM.You race this stuff all the time so you had every reason to believe you were coming up and taking a win.I came and won the regional in Fremont with no prep time.Hell I woke up that morning and decided right then I would race TCS,with a car that had sat since the 2006 Nats and was still in pieces 15 minutes before we started.Imagine if I actually prepared?
Na....I will do the same thing with the same result and Fred can unwind my motor at the end so all the nay sayers can choke on their own words about the motor issue.See yall in June....

No No don't put words in my mouth I never said you cheated I was just out motored and you also drove a clean race so my hats off to you. All I am saying is just prepare for a battle it will be fun. Just this time its gonna come down to driver not motor. And the comment to "saying " I was just going to come up there to just take a win I would never say or act like that in fact most people that race with me know that I am the complete opposite and mind you I had only been racing cars for 6 months when I came up to Freemont and I had no idea what kind of competition there is up there. All I know is I am coming up to your backyard and its not going to be easy in fact if there are enough guys like you and Ken it will be tough to make the A main.
See you in June
Old 03-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Alright....may the best Mini or Swift win.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Tech Addict

I wish all you guys would come run Seattle. I'd love to run against all of you, not cause I think I'd win, but because I love racing with really good drivers. Even if it puts me in the B it would still be awsome. We've got some fast mini's up here this year, but none of us even try to understand or implement any of the rare earth magnet tricks. We just race, so if you want to race where nobody will complain unless you drive to rough, join us in Seatown and enjoy a great weekend of racing.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Chris- Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]. Thought I had your e-mail addy but was mistaken. Even though I can't be there, would like to exchange some info with you about the upcoming Seattle TCS event.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

beware the volt meter... (too bad they did not have this tool at the recent TA event)

Last edited by madjack; 03-11-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack
beware the volt meter... (too bad they did not have this tool at the recent TA event)
Wow, never really thought about that. Exactly how fast would a sub-15000 @ 5V silver can spin up on 11.1V???
Old 03-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

...whole lot more than it would at 8.4 volts amibient, that's fer sure!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.