Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Larry, got a LiPo question, I know only hardcase packs are allowed, but I noticed there are some that you don't have on the list(though ROAR has legalized some of them), like the new SMC hardcase packs(their 4028 4000mah pack & 5028 5000mah pack). Any chance they'll be allowed by the Memphis event? I know that won't be in Mini(& I already have an Orion 3200 for that one), but I like what I see of the SMC packs for my GT-1 car, so I thought I should check on this before I buy.....
Old 03-08-2008, 03:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Fred announced that the kid (not sure what his name was) was the winner because his transponder was skipping every other lap. He is the correct winner. I turn marshalled the race, Fred fixed the missed laps. The spec winner is correct. Paper results seems like they were not corrected.
Hey Chris, I had Burgermaster for dinner tonight, it was goooooooddddd!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

does anyone remember what the specs were for the black cans ??? 27,000 rpms and 2.4 amps seem vaguely familiar. Is that going to be the motor for Minis at the Nationals??? Or are we going to have a new standard???
Fred??? Larry??? Anyone????
Old 03-09-2008, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Pretty sure it was 19,000 and 2.4 at 5 volts. Specs changed upward after the initial posting once we saw what the latest version of the sport tuned motor looked like.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rccardr
Pretty sure it was 19,000 and 2.4 at 5 volts. Specs changed upward after the initial posting once we saw what the latest version of the sport tuned motor looked like.
Thanx for the info Doc. I'm only up this early, cause were racing at O.C. Circuit today. Now that SoCal is closed, don't get much chance to race anymore. What's worse is that the clocks moved forward an hour and I didn't know about it till the 11 o'clock news.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rccardr
Three weeks till the Seattle regional and the mini's are coming out of the woodwork. Looks real competative. Judging by lap times this month it'll be a fight just to make the A. Wish you were coming, now I have to hope Nats is at SIR so I get another chance to race you. There's no way I'll get to travel this year with 1, 3, and 14 year old boys and all the expenses that go along with them.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Hey Larry, got a LiPo question, I know only hardcase packs are allowed, but I noticed there are some that you don't have on the list(though ROAR has legalized some of them), like the new SMC hardcase packs(their 4028 4000mah pack & 5028 5000mah pack). Any chance they'll be allowed by the Memphis event? I know that won't be in Mini(& I already have an Orion 3200 for that one), but I like what I see of the SMC packs for my GT-1 car, so I thought I should check on this before I buy.....
Oh, I forgot I have one more question on batteries, failing those SMC LiPo's, my second choice would be packs of Ener-G 4600's, which I also noticed was not on the list of approved batteries(that I could see), will those be allowed? I really hope so, since thats what almost ALL matchers are selling exclusively now(except for Trinity who's selling the EP4600's, & honestly, they are just not the best batteries out there)....
Old 03-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

Oh, I forgot I have one more question on batteries, failing those SMC LiPo's, my second choice would be packs of Ener-G 4600's, which I also noticed was not on the list of approved batteries(that I could see), will those be allowed? I really hope so, since thats what almost ALL matchers are selling exclusively now(except for Trinity who's selling the EP4600's, & honestly, they are just not the best batteries out there)....
A lot of manufacturers are claiming hard-case packaging where in actuality it's only a piece of plastic shrink-wrapped around the lipo cells. This is inadequate in terms of protection.

As more actual hard-case lipos hit the market, we will update the TCS rules to accommodate.

"SMC have released their lastest competition LiPo cells with the announcement that they will start selling these monster 5000mAh 7.4V packs. Coming supplied with a soft shrink sleeve case, in place of a hard case"
http://www.redrc.net/2007/09/smc-500...-lipo-battery/

The Ener-G lipo ?? (EDITED)

Last edited by larrio; 03-10-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:23 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

To all who raced at the Aliso Viejo regional event, we found a set of tire warmers after the race that had been left in the tech area. If you are missing them and can identify the brand of the tire warmer and the configuration of the batteries that were being powered off of it, we will be happy to return them! Please PM me if you lost your tire warmers and battery at the Aliso Viejo Regional event.

On the note of batteries, we definately are only allowing the true hard case lipo packs. Currently, these include: Orion, Trackpower, Core, Checkpoint and the upcoming Reedy that we have encountered at this time. We are specifically looking for a hard plastic outer shell. Lipo packs covered in a shrink wrap type material or shrunk lexan type case are not legal. Please make sure before buying any lipo batteries that it will conform to these standards. If you have any question, you can call our 1-800-826-4922 customer service line, email us, or post here for a clarification if a particular pack meets our requirements.

Last edited by AWK; 03-10-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larrio
A lot of manufacturers are claiming hard-case packaging where in actuality it's only a piece of plastic shrink-wrapped around the lipo cells. This is inadequate in terms of protection.

As more actual hard-case lipos hit the market, we will update the TCS rules to accommodate.

"SMC have released their lastest competition LiPo cells with the announcement that they will start selling these monster 5000mAh 7.4V packs. Coming supplied with a soft shrink sleeve case, in place of a hard case"
http://www.redrc.net/2007/09/smc-500...-lipo-battery/

The Ener-G lipo is similar in construction also.
Larry... Ener-G arent lipos. they're nimhs. there's some confusion there.

SMC, Promatch... they sell Ener-G branded Nimhs, while Trinity has the exclusive on EP nimhs.

- Chris
Old 03-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by westerdude42
Hey Chris, I had Burgermaster for dinner tonight, it was goooooooddddd!!!!!!!!!
you suck! i'll be back next year.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Being that I started the class I will give you the DL we are running black cans and I was running super slicks type A's I believe. The cars aren't that fast so with the new tires that were not available back 15 years ago the cars are pretty muched hooked up. I am trying to get atleast five cars for the NORCAL race so pass it on hopefully we get a showing. Just don't race against Gary Demory or Kevin Nino they were wicked fast.

Just to confirm can anyone tell me for sure if NorCal is running asphalt or not cuz we plan on coming up there if they run asphalt and not carpet ?
Its an asphalt race...Bring your game because you'll need it.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by racenut123
Its an asphalt race...Bring your game because you'll need it.
what happened to you guys? last hoorah at the tamiya track and none of the norcal guys came down? no hicks, no arluck, no lin, no mendoza.... juan has an excuse (he always does, doesnt he?) since he already won.

hicks.. im coming up this weekend to visit family.. give me the 411 on racing this sat. maybe i can sneak in some track time.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Norcal is racing this Saturday.Should be a good group and good weather.

Yeah,everyone is either taking a break or has been doing other things.I have not raced onroad in awhile.But I will be racing soon in prep for TCS.Everyone has been racing offroad for the last 4-5 months here.Maybe we'll see you Saturday?
Old 03-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by racenut123
Norcal is racing this Saturday.Should be a good group and good weather.

Yeah,everyone is either taking a break or has been doing other things.I have not raced onroad in awhile.But I will be racing soon in prep for TCS.Everyone has been racing offroad for the last 4-5 months here.Maybe we'll see you Saturday?
i hear ya.. ive been on and off, taking mini breaks too. PM me the hot ticket for tire set up at Norcal. im only bringing up one car to race.... since its my birthday weekend.. i think i can sneak away. see you saturday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.