Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree824Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
I am kind of new to the TCS race scoring system. It all seemed to make sense to me till I looked at the results for the Spec Novice class.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs_races/l..._AAA_Mains.PDF

I have a problem with the A3 main in particular. James won that race. Fred did not realize that his laps were not being counted and said he had fixed it in the middle of the race, but the posted number of laps must not be correct. I believe the posted time is correct but he completed 14 laps, not the 12 laps shown.

If he had been posted as finishing first in A3, how would that have affected his over all placing?

Do the posted results for A1 and A2 make sense to anyone?
It's A1 & A2 that look odd: place goes highest laps then lowest time.
In A1 how did a 13/5:19 beat a 13/5:04 ?
In A2 how did a 12/5:00 and 12/5:09 beat a 13/5:18 ?
A3 scored properly given the lap/time posting.
I think the postings didn't take into account manual overides. Each of these involves James, so if he had transponder problem then this sheet won't look right.

Odder still, why were there triple A-mains in spec class?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

I am kind of new to the TCS race scoring system. It all seemed to make sense to me till I looked at the results for the Spec Novice class.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs_races/l..._AAA_Mains.PDF

I have a problem with the A3 main in particular. James won that race. Fred did not realize that his laps were not being counted and said he had fixed it in the middle of the race, but the posted number of laps must not be correct. I believe the posted time is correct but he completed 14 laps, not the 12 laps shown.

If he had been posted as finishing first in A3, how would that have affected his over all placing?

Do the posted results for A1 and A2 make sense to anyone?
He would have finished tied for 2nd in points. In a-1 and a-2 and a-3 it shows where the winner thru last finished in that particular race. For example, the winner finished 3rd in a-1 , but 1st in a-2 and a-3. Thus he had 200 points, which is perfect. the rest you should be able to figure out. Hope this helps.

But you're right the laps run and the times look a little weird.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Default TCS scoring

Originally Posted by RaceBucks
It's A1 & A2 that look odd: place goes highest laps then lowest time.
In A1 how did a 13/5:19 beat a 13/5:04 ?
In A2 how did a 12/5:00 and 12/5:09 beat a 13/5:18 ?
A3 scored properly given the lap/time posting.
I think the postings didn't take into account manual overides. Each of these involves James, so if he had transponder problem then this sheet won't look right.

Odder still, why were there triple A-mains in spec class?
I can't speak to the reason for the triple A-main. That is just the way Fred set it up. I can agree with the final positions for A1 and A2, but the override in A3 should have put him first with the lap time given. That would have put all three drivers with a 199 points. What then determines the ranking?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Addict

...That would have put all three drivers with a 199 points. What then determines the ranking?
My favorite was how it was settled in "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"
Old 03-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Granpa
He would have finished tied for 2nd in points. In a-1 and a-2 and a-3 it shows where the winner thru last finished in that particular race. For example, the winner finished 3rd in a-1 , but 1st in a-2 and a-3. Thus he had 200 points, which is perfect. the rest you should be able to figure out. Hope this helps.

But you're right the laps run and the times look a little weird.
my argument is that A3 is wrong. James finished first. That would have given him a first and a second place finish for 199 points. As the shown winner of the A3 would have finished second and lost one point for a total of 199 points.....
Old 03-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

my argument is that A3 is wrong. James finished first. That would have given him a first and a second place finish for 199 points. As the shown winner of the A3 would have finished second and lost one point for a total of 199 points.....
Fred announced that the kid (not sure what his name was) was the winner because his transponder was skipping every other lap. He is the correct winner. I turn marshalled the race, Fred fixed the missed laps. The spec winner is correct. Paper results seems like they were not corrected.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RaceBucks
My favorite was how it was settled in "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"
Oh great, now I need to teach my 7 year old how to shoot.... His mom ain't gonna like this one bit.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
Yes I have, twice. The car just lost control and came back after a few seconds.
By chance was this near the chicane sections at the left rear corner of the track?

Last year when I ran my car it would just lunge towards the fence in that section. Figured out my KO servo was drawing too much power through chicanes and my spektrum would freak out briefly. I put a big capacitor directly into the 'B' plug of the receiver and the problem went away. This was while running brushless and lipo.

Mike
Old 03-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
By chance was this near the chicane sections at the left rear corner of the track?

Last year when I ran my car it would just lunge towards the fence in that section. Figured out my KO servo was drawing too much power through chicanes and my spektrum would freak out briefly. I put a big capacitor directly into the 'B' plug of the receiver and the problem went away. This was while running brushless and lipo.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I now know how to get it fixed.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
...Timmy with his skills put him in the winners circle.
Hey Max... tell Timmy we're all very proud of him. I thought TAOB died years ago... errr, guess not. CONGRATS!!! It would have been nice to witness his win... sorry I wasn't able to go. But I'm sure there will always be next time...
Old 03-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by eeyan
Hey Max... tell Timmy we're all very proud of him. I thought TAOB died years ago... errr, guess not. CONGRATS!!! It would have been nice to witness his win... sorry I wasn't able to go. But I'm sure there will always be next time...
Thanks Eeyan that means a lot to us. Sorry we missed you also, it was nerve racking to say the least. I didn't even want to run my car in GT-2 and I was in the "A" main. All I was thinking about was Timmy in GT-1. I was more stressed about Tim than I was about my car.
It was all good in the end! I'm just wondering where the Finals are going to be and if we can afford to do it depending on where it's at! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Did you see where the Reedy Race is going to be! Sacramento,CA. I really wanted me and Tim to go but it's very doubtfull. We'll see. If you got time come on out to Tamiya on any given Saturday! The track is still open until who knows when?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
I'm just wondering where the Finals are going to be and if we can afford to do it depending on where it's at! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Why Trackside, of course Max. Get those direct tickets to Milwaukee now..... lol, btw Max, thanks for the use of the meter.

Very nice runs Timmy, your pops has a right to be proud.

Marty
Old 03-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default Vintage Class?'s

I have a couple questions for the Vintage Class racers. I have a FF01 that I would like to run this year for fun or maybe a TCS race later in the year. I never seen one these cars until today! Pretty Neat Car!

What type of Tamiya 26mm tires work good on this chassis for pavement and carpet? Power Silver(tuned) or a stock Black can?

Thank you
Dave
Old 03-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Being that I started the class I will give you the DL we are running black cans and I was running super slicks type A's I believe. The cars aren't that fast so with the new tires that were not available back 15 years ago the cars are pretty muched hooked up. I am trying to get atleast five cars for the NORCAL race so pass it on hopefully we get a showing. Just don't race against Gary Demory or Kevin Nino they were wicked fast.

Just to confirm can anyone tell me for sure if NorCal is running asphalt or not cuz we plan on coming up there if they run asphalt and not carpet ?
Old 03-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I have never raced on the asphalt
I have found some tires.
I hope they work on carpet too.
Thank you for the help
Dave

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.