Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree795Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-25-2008, 04:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
RIGHT ON Doug!

How's the weather up yonder. I think all your Northwest rain is converging on So.Cal.
I guess no Tamiya on Saturday!
you'd think the SIR guys were down in socal again with all this rain.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Has anyone mentioned.......

TWO WEEKS! TWO WEEKS! TWO WEEKS! TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Has anyone mentioned.......

TWO WEEKS! TWO WEEKS! TWO WEEKS! TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!

Lets start the countdown,

14 days 3 hours 5 minutes till practice starts a Trackside
Old 01-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Perhaps part of the mystic about the TCS is that there is not that many of them.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:53 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I support A-Ko's position and suggestions. It's obvious that Tamiya is under staffed. At the same time I don't think it's too much to ask to keep customers informed through the web site. On the TCS page simply inform people that there will be changes in race dates as compared to previous years. A lot of the people attending the TCS are long tme supporters and I think you need to attract more new people. Keeping things the same and having fewer races is not gong to change that in my opinion. The HPI series is relevent in the sense that since there are more races and a greater variety of classes, some people may compare to two series. They may choose to run the HPI series.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
I support A-Ko's position and suggestions. It's obvious that Tamiya is under staffed. At the same time I don't think it's too much to ask to keep customers informed through the web site. On the TCS page simply inform people that there will be changes in race dates as compared to previous years. A lot of the people attending the TCS are long tme supporters and I think you need to attract more new people. Keeping things the same and having fewer races is not gong to change that in my opinion. The HPI series is relevent in the sense that since there are more races and a greater variety of classes, some people may compare to two series. They may choose to run the HPI series.
So how long has the HPI series been running?
Old 01-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well again I will state from a tracks point of view.

How can Tamiya keep people updated when we have not given them a date for our event?

In our case we had 2-3 dates that some of it was waiting on others dates. Now if I can't finalize a date because we are waiting on X Track and they are waiting on Xy track then how the heck is Tamiya at fault because they have a date that is in some general area. Publish a date the customer Bob reads then buys tickets. Fly out here 2 weeks earlier than the event and raises holy hell because they saw a published date?

Do you guys really read some of what you are posting before you actually hit submit. Again it is a National picture. Just because we said we had a date did not mean it was set in stone. It formed a foundation for Tamiya to try and fill in the other dates and stops. They did take the step of pushing forward a prelim schedule that could have changed. If my, Scott's or ?? would have changed I can guarantee there was tickets already bought by some of your posts.

Maxe- This is Dan just for clarification make sure my posts are not confused for rchoudini's posts.

Jeff, sounds like I am drilling you and have enjoyed your company at Nationals in years past. If we were in person I would debate the point with the exact same words etc. Please don't feel I am hiding behind keyboard courage.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Starbucks is the devil's nectar….step away from those espresso machines and know that there are plenty of decaffeinated brands that taste just as good…
Old 01-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Geez, I stand corrected.
I thought Comm Drops were the Devil's Nectar...
Old 01-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

just confirmed

R/C Madness
Enfield, CT
August 10th, SUNDAY

I'll try to update so it shows up on the website soon.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry
Stop telling Larry and Fred how to run their business and just remember it is a business.
Actually it is not "their" business to run. Tamiya Japan sends a president from Japan every 5 years to run the US division. A business or people in the business have to listen to the customer, you should know that being in retail. I have been TCS racer longer than many people have raced. My opinion is every bit as valid than those who only been doing it for 1-2 years. I don't think Fred or Larry are that thinned skin to take it personally, they have a series to think about. I have not been unreasonable, we have not had a ear to hear us (the non-Aliso people) until now.

Originally Posted by Difuser;
Yep sign me up. Guess we all have our points of view......

Do you guys really read some of what you are posting before you actually hit submit.

sounds like I am drilling you and have enjoyed your company at Nationals in years past. If we were in person I would debate the point with the exact same words etc. Please don't feel I am hiding behind keyboard courage.
Yep, even if you are wrong. . . (joking!)

I don't, I just copy and paste hoping I chose English words.

It has been nice seeing you and all the band of regulars at the races. If we were in person I don't think I can debate without my keyboard. . . I was hoping I hit the last Aliso race last year, although I will be watching from afar come August. Which is no fault of Tamiya's by the way. . .

Originally Posted by larrio
just confirmed

R/C Madness
Enfield, CT
August 10th, SUNDAY

I'll try to update so it shows up on the website soon.
Thank you for the update.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Get Ready For A Great Event At RC MADNESS In Enfield, CT.

The ball is rolling cant wait!

Great series and a great location with onroad and offroad track...rain or shine indoors or outdoors!!!

Cheers

Jamie Gonzalez
Old 01-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by senna555
Get Ready For A Great Event At RC MADNESS In Enfield, CT.

The ball is rolling cant wait!

Great series and a great location with onroad and offroad track...rain or shine indoors or outdoors!!!

Cheers

Jamie Gonzalez
Does RC Madness have a website? I would like to check them out.

Marty
Old 01-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Website is www.rcmadness.com

Webcam is up but being that it is winter they only show indoor carpet track.

The forum is hit or miss...having some issue with it.

Over the years Chris has held a bunch of premier events..numerous regional, roar nats, hpi challenge and a bunch of other national events and it is the home of the mini nationals every year.

Been at the same location around 15+years.

Should be great fun!

Jamie
Old 01-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by senna555
Website is www.rcmadness.com

Webcam is up but being that it is winter they only show indoor carpet track.

The forum is hit or miss...having some issue with it.

Over the years Chris has held a bunch of premier events..numerous regional, roar nats, hpi challenge and a bunch of other national events and it is the home of the mini nationals every year.

Been at the same location around 15+years.

Should be great fun!

Jamie
Congratulation Jamie,
We definitely won't miss this one. Getting the route on maquest tonight and locking in the calendar date. Bringing a 415 and TA05 for GT1 and GT2.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.