Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
I understand Tamiya's position. On the other hand from the store owners view they carry things that sell. If Tamiya would try to host a race in an area where there is not as much demand for Tamiya products, it might demonstrate the quality of their products and create sales. I like Tamiya products, but i don't believe putting tight requirements on the race hosts will create new Tamiya fans.
Originally Posted by MD
I understand Tamiya's position. On the other hand from the store owners view they carry things that sell. If Tamiya would try to host a race in an area where there is not as much demand for Tamiya products, it might demonstrate the quality of their products and create sales. I like Tamiya products, but i don't believe putting tight requirements on the race hosts will create new Tamiya fans.
Originally Posted by MD
Originally Posted by MD
i definitely get your point since you posted it 4 times.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larrio
just to clarify:

The weight difference between GT2 and GT3 will not be changed (for now). Since GT3 cars run a less powerful motor, they will not be "penalized" as much to meet a higher weight minimum (in comparison to GT2 cars).

GT2: minimum of 1550 grams
GT3: minimum of 1500 grams
I like the "for now" statement. In other words, you better have some lead weight in your pocket when you go to tech!
Old 01-22-2008, 03:17 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Hebiki - I apologize for the multiple posting. I did not intend to do that. It was my stupidity.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Just anticipating for the future

As for hosting races in an area that has no demand for Tamiya products... that seems rather unfeasible at this point in time. I'd imagine the turn out would be slim to none. And I don't feel that there are any tight requirements for race hosts, actually there aren't even formal ones (to my knowledge).

Now ideally in a perfect world we'd have hundreds of employees and a multi-million dollar marketing budget. Then we'd have a mobile track traveling cross-country through parking lots to let people try Tamiya cars for fun and educating hobby stores. To diversify in marketing strategy requires man power and money, both of which there seems to be a huge discrepancy of reality between the hobby industry and the general consumer.

Remember that just because we were located across the street from the Pepsi corporation doesn't mean that we can compete on that type of level. This is the hobby industry after all; we don't sell commodities that are a necessity. There was a customer that claimed TCS should be run in every state until I told him our whole company in the U.S. consisted of less than 20 people.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default TA03F-Pro in which class

I've been out of racing for a few years now and recently dug up an old TA03F-Pro in my garage. Since I live in Aliso Viejo, I'd like to try and enter the next TCS event at that track. That said, I was reviewing the rules last night and it appears that the GT-3 and GT-2 classes require a "tub chassis". If this is true, is the only class I can participate in the GT-1 ? Thanks !
Old 01-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by inconceivable
I've been out of racing for a few years now and recently dug up an old TA03F-Pro in my garage. Since I live in Aliso Viejo, I'd like to try and enter the next TCS event at that track. That said, I was reviewing the rules last night and it appears that the GT-3 and GT-2 classes require a "tub chassis". If this is true, is the only class I can participate in the GT-1 ? Thanks !
You are correct. Since the TA-03F Pro is a double-deck, non-tub based vehicle, it is only eligible in GT-1
Old 01-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Larrio

I hear you about lack of resources and what we would do in a perfect world. How about setting up a limit on sets of tires we can use at the races like the Reedy race? The dilemma I face is the lack of funds on my part but needs a new set of tires for each qualify heat or main in order to stay competitive. In a perfect world, I would buy more than enough tires for each run to stay competitive. Since this probably the last Aliso round we will have so I like to run GT1 and Gt2 classes but the tire cost are just too much. I can just run one class but where is the fun.

I know that the chance of changing the rules is slim to none. But I want to share with you about my opinion of how to make TCS series more fun and economical. Like you said, it is a hobby after all.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have been to a few TCS races and they have always been great.

I love the friendly TCS Regional race atmosphere vs. the hardcore ROAR regional race atmosphere. If you have not been to one of those...check it out...remind yourself its a hobby while there!

TCS/Tamiya does a great job...I appreciate what they do every year putting the race on...just wish I had one closer.

Paul

And yes...got an 08 Fat BoB!
Old 01-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
Larrio

I hear you about lack of resources and what we would do in a perfect world. How about setting up a limit on sets of tires we can use at the races like the Reedy race? The dilemma I face is the lack of funds on my part but needs a new set of tires for each qualify heat or main in order to stay competitive. In a perfect world, I would buy more than enough tires for each run to stay competitive. Since this probably the last Aliso round we will have so I like to run GT1 and Gt2 classes but the tire cost are just too much. I can just run one class but where is the fun.

I know that the chance of changing the rules is slim to none. But I want to share with you about my opinion of how to make TCS series more fun and economical. Like you said, it is a hobby after all.
I totally agree with this. Tires are the biggest expense for TCS. How about a CS27 control tire? That should allow for pretty good wear and keep the cost down. Maybe something to think about for the future of TCS?
Old 01-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
Larrio

Because there is no spec/hand out tire there will never be a tire limit at a TCS race. Because there are so many combonations of tires and inserts that people can try there really can't be a limit. I suppose that you could have a person submit the sets of tires they want to use and mark those to be the only ones allowed, but again I don't see that happening.

As a budget racer myself I have just accepted that some people will spend a ton of money on tires to get that advantage. I go to the TCS to have fun, my reward is spending the weekend with my son and others from all over the US racing and catching up with people in person rather than online.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by MD
Hebiki - I apologize for the multiple posting. I did not intend to do that. It was my stupidity.
no need to apologize.. just messing with ya.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Lord

PREMOUNTED B3s
Old 01-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

You can determine what insert to use. Just use a specified sets of tires. For example, if you are allowed to use 3 sets per class, then bring 3 sets to be teched and marked as long as you are using Tamiya tires and rims.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Teching and a set limit on tires wouldn't be too bad...indoors on carpet. It would be able to be done because the last time I was at the TCS Nats a few years ago, we actually had the tires teched and signed off and then glued them in front of a tech guy. Very do-able here too.
And as far as wear, a set of type A's will last all weekend in GT3 and maybe GT2. I've let guys use my practice sets from a year ago and go on to make the A main(Boomer). GT1-maybe 2-3 good races. I know I usually go through them more with more power.
Out doors is a different story.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

It must be real close to Trackside TCS Moshmike has come out of hibernation.

Mike when are we going to see you around the track. Its been awhile.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.