Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-18-2008, 04:16 PM
  #7276  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
414MPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 989
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larrio
New TCS rules posted 1-18-08
http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs_races/rules.php
(Download the PDF for the most up-to-date rules)


Orion hard case carbon editon 3200 lipos legal in Mini Class
1300g weight limit
OK, I know I am old and I know I can't see crap.

Why does Tamiya post rules with a new revision date and make everyone search for that little jewel of changed information? High lights or | change bars | or BOLD COPY are the norm for this type of revision in the real world. I've looked at the link and for the life of me I can not find where it states lipos are now legal for mini. Am I the only one, or is my dial up Al Gore Internet just behind the in some weird time warp?


OH, NOW I GET IT! The link takes you to the old rules. You need to download the PDF. Why not just remove the rules from the page to avoid confussion for us techno nubes?
414MPH is offline  
Old 01-18-2008, 04:26 PM
  #7277  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 414MPH
OK, I know I am old and I know I can't see crap.

Why does Tamiya post rules with a new revision date and make everyone search for that little jewel of changed information? High lights or | change bars | or BOLD COPY are the norm for this type of revision in the real world. I've looked at the link and for the life of me I can not find where it states lipos are now legal for mini. Am I the only one, or is my dial up Al Gore Internet just behind the in some weird time warp?


OH, NOW I GET IT! The link takes you to the old rules. You need to download the PDF. Why not just remove the rules from the page to avoid confussion for us techno nubes?
dial up Al Gore Internet....
Hebiki is offline  
Old 01-18-2008, 07:04 PM
  #7278  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (107)
 
lbckevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,731
Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)
Default

Larrio,

I see in GT2 min weight is 1550
GT3 min weight is 1500


Why the difference if you use the same chassis ?

At the bottom of the PDF is states last updated 12/20/07 ?
lbckevin is offline  
Old 01-18-2008, 07:36 PM
  #7279  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
RaceBucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca.
Posts: 512
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Larrio,

I see in GT2 min weight is 1550
GT3 min weight is 1500


Why the difference if you use the same chassis ?

At the bottom of the PDF is states last updated 12/20/07 ?
Actually, the html and pdf rules aren't in sync yet.
1. HTML rules list both classes as 1550; pdf as 1500 and 1550.
2. HTML doesn't list the Mini's as allowing LiPo, PDF doesn't include Mini in the Battery section only in the Mini section.

The versions will catch up soon!
RaceBucks is offline  
Old 01-18-2008, 08:27 PM
  #7280  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
Herc Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 658
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Orion Lipos

Hey...LIPO neewB here...what are you charging these at...and what charger do you use? I have to buy the whole shabang (been looking for a reason...got one now)

Orion charger? Losi? Other? Balancing?

I know to charge in a fire proof bag and that stuff...how about any other news for newbies on these.

Thanks in advance.

Paul
Herc Driver is offline  
Old 01-18-2008, 08:39 PM
  #7281  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Herc Driver
Hey...LIPO neewB here...what are you charging these at...and what charger do you use? I have to buy the whole shabang (been looking for a reason...got one now)

Orion charger? Losi? Other? Balancing?

I know to charge in a fire proof bag and that stuff...how about any other news for newbies on these.

Thanks in advance.

Paul
LIPO chargers charge based on the MAH rating i.e. 3200 battery will only charge at 3.2 amps. You can cheat and say it's a 4200 battery and start charging at 4.2 amps but there goes the life of the battery.
As long as you set the charger properly there should be no need for a fire proof bag!
Just my 2"$
maxepower is offline  
Old 01-18-2008, 09:32 PM
  #7282  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 1,660
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Herc Driver
Hey...LIPO neewB here...what are you charging these at...and what charger do you use? I have to buy the whole shabang (been looking for a reason...got one now)

Orion charger? Losi? Other? Balancing?

I know to charge in a fire proof bag and that stuff...how about any other news for newbies on these.

Thanks in advance.

Paul
Hey Paul, sent you a PM. We can chat off-line.
minimadman2003 is offline  
Old 01-19-2008, 12:02 AM
  #7283  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,447
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for finally sending me my medal TamiyaUSA. I received it last weekend.

I see the updated rules are out. And just when I'm selling my 3200 carbon packs! haha. Oh, the Trinity Li-Pro pack is a 4500 pack. Not 4600. Now if only they would let lipo in GT1...
JimmyMac is offline  
Old 01-19-2008, 07:34 AM
  #7284  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
Herc Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 658
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Lipo

thanks guys...

btw nothing to do with TCS but I got a new Harley Fat Bob as my welcome back from the desert present to myself.

Paul
Herc Driver is offline  
Old 01-19-2008, 08:12 AM
  #7285  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 1,660
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Herc Driver
thanks guys...

btw nothing to do with TCS but I got a new Harley Fat Bob as my welcome back from the desert present to myself.

Paul
Pics?
minimadman2003 is offline  
Old 01-19-2008, 08:38 AM
  #7286  
Tech Initiate
 
TRFMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 41
Default

Can some one please share some advice on what tamiya tires and inserts work best on the Aliso track. A few of us want to come out and run gt2 and mini this year
Thanks
TRFMAN is offline  
Old 01-19-2008, 10:31 PM
  #7287  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 29
Default

can someone please recomend what size spur and pinon i should use on the ta05 runing the silver can?, and does the silver can need to be tamiya motor(johnson) or any mabuchi type manf silver can,,thx a bunch!..
LAPDOG is offline  
Old 01-20-2008, 06:06 PM
  #7288  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (107)
 
lbckevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,731
Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)
Default

Hey great to see Bruce Hickman running at Tamiya yesterday.....It was a blast running with you with the new brushless...tons of fun.
lbckevin is offline  
Old 01-20-2008, 06:56 PM
  #7289  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
raffaelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
Posts: 2,928
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

any update to the brushless rules since roar has announced brushless rules?
raffaelli is offline  
Old 01-20-2008, 08:01 PM
  #7290  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (54)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 782
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Larrio

Need to get some clarification on batteries. How about other brands of nimh battery not specified on the Tamiya website. How about E-power, Ener-g and etc? Are they allowed? Some brand are hard to find and very expensive. Thanks.
Yellowtaro is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.