Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
The finals would be in August and the IIC race is in September. Would that be too close for comfort for Scotty? Too big races being that close to each other, if you know what I mean!
We just had the novak race and the tcs race is coming up quick as well.
We could manage it if we were choosen to hold the nationals.

Originally Posted by 414MPH
To quote Scotty, "NO PROBLEM, I would love to host the TCS Nationals."
(1/6/08)

11) The girls are not as cute, but the food is GREAT. (Maybe Fred can bring Ashley?)
I would like to know where you been looking marty, I don't seem to have problems spotting them out. Well I guess since your way older than me senior citizens wouldn't look great either. Hmm maybe unless they were really rich and looking for someone to spend money on.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 01-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
11) The girls are not as cute, but the food is GREAT.
I might be able to get something for you (girls that is). They don't call me Hooter Boy for nothing.

Foods not to bad either.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CSeils
They don't call me Hooter Boy for nothing.
I could say something carl but I will be nice to you today.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 01-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

OK, what is this?
From the Tamiya web site it says "This new electric motor is perfect for installing into M-03 & M-04 chassis to participate in official Tamiya races."

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53983
TCS rules don't list this motor, then why does Tamiya sales say ...
TCS is an official Tamiya race right?
Old 01-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaceBucks
OK, what is this?
From the Tamiya web site it says "This new electric motor is perfect for installing into M-03 & M-04 chassis to participate in official Tamiya races."

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53983
TCS rules don't list this motor, then why does Tamiya sales say ...
TCS is an official Tamiya race right?
I believe that is the motor they used in Japan. It says "Tamiya races", not "Tamiya USA races".
Old 01-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

So has anyone had the pleasure of traveling on an airplane under the new Lipo rules? Going through Memphis they were requiring passengers to take the spare Lipo(s) out of their carry-on and keep them on their person while in flight. Sort of a "human fire detector" I suppose.

It's starting to sound like Scotty will be receiving several FedEx packages the week before the TCS.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm shipping my stuff ahead of time. TSA is just too inconsistent from airport to airport. I'm willing to conform with whatever new rules they come up with, but this is getting a little too weird for me...
Old 01-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Suspended

OOPs, Im a tamiya buggy guy....
Suppose I'm kinda lost eh? LOL!
Old 01-13-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Where is there to stay in Memphis thats a "nice" place. I think my family will be tagging along on this one so....
Old 01-13-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

there are many nice hotels within 5 minutes (hotels, motels and extented stay type places). i think there is a board meeting next saturday and they will be hammering out who will be in charge of what then. there has been discussion of partnering with one of the areas close hotels to get a discount for our out of town guests. some of the other ideas batted about are of course the pre race race on saturday and others like a saturday night enduro with food and live music and a tamiya car show area. the enduro will be about two hours, two cars per team, one body per team, any number of people per team and all four classes run together (20 team cap). the car show will be tamiya cars that you think are cool or look cool so bring your unique tamiya car or just an old classic or new classic. we will do some sort of best in show awards and perhaps division awards (ie f1, vintage, blah blah). i've also heard that there will be a rock crawler area and even some carnival rides for the kids. any input will be welcome at this time. tcs memphis 08 is gonna be off the hook.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Where is there to stay in Memphis thats a "nice" place. I think my family will be tagging along on this one so....
Hey Charlie,
Like he said, there are plenty of nice places almost next to the track. Stick close to the Galleria and you should be ok. If your family is like mine, a pool is a must. I'm not sure all of the extended stays have pools, but the Hampton Inn has one. There was also a nice suites-type of place just behind Joe's Crabshack with a decent pool, but I think they've changed names since I stayed there. There are also some nice places in Germantown, but the drive is non-stop traffic signals all the way. Been there, done that, big mistake.......
Old 01-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Courtyard is only about 10 minutes away and is pretty nice but getting pricey. Hampton Inn is good. The all-suites hotel in Carova is OK- stayed there last year and got a super price.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Oh yeah, almost forgot...
FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Well add another mini to the pile...hopefully A bound. I haven't settled on my 2nd class yet.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Oh yeah, almost forgot...
FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!! FOUR WEEKS!!!
Don't remind me
More stuff to do then time to do it
But with the brushless/lipo combo going on, it makes things a little easier
Hopefully the tires I cleaned and bagged from the Nats will still be good
Oh by the way, I would vote for 08 Nats @ Trackside, don't know if I would be able to make it, but enough of us have made the left coast pilgrimage enough times to justify getting it on our side of the world for once

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.