Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree824Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yup,thats Norcal Hobbies track.They have the June stop this year.

I say make the Finals a parking lot race at the spectrum.

Originally Posted by maxepower
Isn't there a permanant track up in Northern California somewhere near Fremont?
Old 01-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
I say make the Finals a parking lot race at the spectrum.
No way John, if it's not at a perminant track that locals can practice on weeks ahead of time, what's the point? Then it would be fair or something...
Old 01-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

What WOULD be nice is having it somewhere other than the west coast so it's more accessible to racers needing to drive. There are lots of racers in the midwest and most of the races are either east or west coast. It would be nice to make it neutral ground.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
What WOULD be nice is having it somewhere other than the west coast so it's more accessible to racers needing to drive.
That's like having YOUR LOCAL Teams Home-opener, out of town...

I'ts in Cali because... well.. That's where Headquarters are..

But, I feel your pain..

I agree with the FINALS being on the Irvine Spektrum Parkinglot. EVERYONE has a Parkinglot to practice on..
Old 01-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Trackside option?

Originally Posted by Wicked-Wayz
Boy I couldn't agree with you more. Having another tcs race at trackside would rock. We can handle the people here without problems.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
The finals would be in August and the IIC race is in September. Would that be too close for comfort for Scotty? Too big races being that close to each other, if you know what I mean!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

I think SIR would be perfect. Could go asphalt or carpet indoor no rain out chance, and Dougie dogs rule.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I'm sure everyone will vote for whatever track is their home track. What we need is a track that is as "non-partial" as possible for the nats.

I guess my point is either west coast or east coast tracks are gonna make a LOOOOOOONG trip for people. If there was middle ground it would make it fair for most. I know people on the east coast would appreciate a 3 hour flight over and 8-9 hour flight and vice versa.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Irvine requires a minimum $1,000,000 dollar insurance policy per occurrence for any public venues. I'm not sure if we'll have that.

TCS dates should be going up this week (at least for all the official ones approved by Japan so for).

Last edited by larrio; 01-09-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larrio
Irvine requires a minimum $1,000,000 dollar insurance policy per occurrence for any public venues. I'm not sure if we'll have that.

TCS dates should be going up this week (at least for all the official ones approved by Japan so for). My flight is booked for Trackside, it will be good to see everyone again. Cheers!
TCS uses ROAR rules.. doesnt ROAR have a $1,000,000 insurance policy? why not just use that?
Old 01-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
The finals would be in August and the IIC race is in September. Would that be too close for comfort for Scotty? Too big races being that close to each other, if you know what I mean!
To quote Scotty, "NO PROBLEM, I would love to host the TCS Nationals."
(1/6/08)

Some good reasons to hold the TCS NAF's at Trackside:
1) The Worlds are on carpet, so it only makes sense to have the North American Finals at Trackside on their awesum carpet.
2) The track is available over 300 days a year for ANYONE to come and practice, not just on weekends. (not just on weekends)
3) Trackside can handle well over 100 racers with ample pit tables and chairs. NO RENTAL CHAIR BOOBIE TRAPS, lol.
4) There USUALLY is no snow in August.
5) Trackside is only 20 min from a major airport.
6) Direct flights available from LAX and most major cities on an awesum airline, Midwest. (smell the cookies?)
7) Central location, particularly if you include our Canadian guest from the north.
8) It's about time some socal folks experienced life east of Vagas.
9) Trackside already has a hotel deal in place at a great rate. (anyone find a reasonably priced hotel near Aliso lately?)
10) Indoor race so rain or shine, bring it on! (Tamtech sliders are pretty cool though)
11) The girls are not as cute, but the food is GREAT. (Maybe Fred can bring Ashley?)
12) I won't have to spend well over a grand on airfare, rental car, hotel and food for the 13th time....... (that is not counting car updates, parts, motors, batts, etc.)

...to be continued and accepting additional reasons.......
Old 01-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesArluck
No way John, if it's not at a perminant track that locals can practice on weeks ahead of time, what's the point? Then it would be fair or something...
Aw, come on James, just a litle hint of sarcasim there. Don't worry, we will still come up to play in June. Will there be catch fencing for the flying DB01's ?

Originally Posted by Core Creations
What WOULD be nice is having it somewhere other than the west coast so it's more accessible to racers needing to drive. There are lots of racers in the midwest and most of the races are either east or west coast. It would be nice to make it neutral ground.
I can relate to what you say. There were a couple of years backin the '90's I would have liked to gone to Road Atlanta to run the SCCA runoffs. Even with the "tow fund", taking two weeks off work to tow a few thousand miles, practice, qualify and race over 4-5 days and tow all the way back was a lot more time and money than I could afford. Especially when we had Riverside raceway that hosted the run-offs one year only an hour away.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by larrio

TCS dates should be going up this week (at least for all the official ones approved by Japan so for).
ROAR could cover you for that easily.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Aw, come on James, just a litle hint of sarcasim there. Don't worry, we will still come up to play in June. Will there be catch fencing for the flying DB01's ?

I can relate to what you say. There were a couple of years backin the '90's I would have liked to gone to Road Atlanta to run the SCCA runoffs. Even with the "tow fund", taking two weeks off work to tow a few thousand miles, practice, qualify and race over 4-5 days and tow all the way back was a lot more time and money than I could afford. Especially when we had Riverside raceway that hosted the run-offs one year only an hour away.
haha, just a bit.....

No catch fence on the offroad track, but there's a pair of wooden fences that separate the drag strip from the offroad track. There's about a 15' gap from the track to the first fence, then a few foot gap to the second fence. My D4 made it over the first fence but not the second..
Old 01-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

I vote for the parking lot
Isn't that why this racing started??
no hometrack advantage!!!
just my .02$

also Doc I'm Going to Memphis don't want to hang it up just yet,think there is more in the tank!
Old 01-10-2008, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I knew you'd be back!
Mini: The Disease Without Any Cure

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.