Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow, the incredible shrinking race series. I was hoping Frederick, MD would be on there. I wonder why they were rejected by Tamiya? Our local track put in for it as well here in NC. Track owner kept saying they were more worried about how many Tamiya kits and parts they sell than anything. Oh well, time to move on I guess. Maybe I'll catch some of yall in Laurel.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Doc
We're all doomed, I tell you!!!!! DOOMED!!!!!! DOOOOOMED!!!!!!!

NEWS FLASH !!!!!!

Hinkley Landscaping Co. of Rancho Santa Margarita, Ca wll be mowing the front straight away this Saturday wilth a "DR Chipper" @ The Tamiya Track to try and get a handle on the weed issues that have popped up on the racing line! to get ready for the Tamiya Race in March?
Old 01-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know all the hoopla has been about the Lipo batteries so far, but I had a question about Nimh batts that maybe someone from Tamiya could clarify:

There seem to be some notable cells missing from the approved list: IB4200, EP4200, and the new EnerG 4600 cells. Why were they left off the list? I'm just curious, as these are some of the most recent cells, and much of what is on the current approved list are older (likely more difficult to find) cells. Is there a chance any of these cells will be added to the approved list? Especially the EnerG cells, as many matchers seem to have moved to them. Just thought I'd ask as I found the list of approved Nimh cells kinda "odd." Thanks in advance!
Old 01-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
I know all the hoopla has been about the Lipo batteries so far, but I had a question about Nimh batts that maybe someone from Tamiya could clarify:

There seem to be some notable cells missing from the approved list: IB4200, EP4200, and the new EnerG 4600 cells. Why were they left off the list? I'm just curious, as these are some of the most recent cells, and much of what is on the current approved list are older (likely more difficult to find) cells. Is there a chance any of these cells will be added to the approved list? Especially the EnerG cells, as many matchers seem to have moved to them. Just thought I'd ask as I found the list of approved Nimh cells kinda "odd." Thanks in advance!
if its ROAR approved. it'll be TCS approved. and if Fred knows this is the current crop that all the matchers are selling, then he'll add it there. im not sure if they have an in-house full time webmaster, so updates might take awhile.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Questions??

Originally Posted by hickmeister
NEWS FLASH !!!!!!

Hinkley Landscaping Co. of Rancho Santa Margarita, Ca wll be mowing the front straight away this Saturday wilth a "DR Chipper" @ The Tamiya Track to try and get a handle on the weed issues that have popped up on the racing line! to get ready for the Tamiya Race in March?
Old 01-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default tsc schedule

what no north americial finals?
Old 01-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Cool Lots of questions ?

Originally Posted by subaru73
If Tamiya sells the property before the finals then where can they have it if not in Aliso Viejo?
Plus, the track has to be available during the week for practice for out of towners. There needs to be a facility to hold at least 100 racers for 2 days unless there is alternative program Fred has up his sleeve?
Only time will tell!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
If Tamiya sells the property before the finals then where can they have it if not in Aliso Viejo?
Plus, the track has to be available during the week for practice for out of towners. There needs to be a facility to hold at least 100 racers for 2 days unless there is alternative program Fred has up his sleeve?
Only time will tell!

Trackside would be the perfect place for the North American Finals
Old 01-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Just Kidding Mr. Hinkley.

It's really cool that we will get another 2 day TCS @ the famous Aliso Viejo track!
Can't wait to see that 13.5 Brushless Horsepower down that long Straightaway!

I can just imagine "out of control" practice on maybe the Friday before the race with all those Minis getting dropped kicked over the fence and out of the ball park by the Brushless motor cars!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hebiki
if its ROAR approved. it'll be TCS approved. and if Fred knows this is the current crop that all the matchers are selling, then he'll add it there. im not sure if they have an in-house full time webmaster, so updates might take awhile.
That's cool. I figured as much, with the recent updates to the lipo and brushless approved lists. Just thought I'd bring it up though, since no one seemed to be talking about nickel cells. As it stands now, I can't use my best packs, so I just thought I'd ask.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by subaru73
There will be one according to powers that be.

There are a few options that are being looked into. Socal sounded like the permanent home for the North American Finals. Expect a late Aug date for the Finals.

Having the finals one more time at Aliso would be very cool but might not be an option come Aug.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Only time will tell!
max.. we can always have it in the tamiya america parking lot at irvine spectrum.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Default "Possiblilities" if Tamiya track is sold!

Originally Posted by Hebiki
max.. we can always have it in the tamiya america parking lot at irvine spectrum.
Fred had mentioned that might be an option if the property sells. He also said the parking lot was in better shape than the Tamiya track.
Although this is only an option for the weekend not during the week as other businesses will be using the parking lot. The finals should be at a permanant track. Maybe Camarillo might be an possiblity. Bending Corners, maybe if there was enough pit space. Isn't there a permanant track up in Northern California somewhere near Fremont?
Old 01-09-2008, 05:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I like the idea of Trackside being the host site for the finals!
Old 01-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
I like the idea of Trackside being the host site for the finals!
Boy I couldn't agree with you more. Having another tcs race at trackside would rock. We can handle the people here without problems.

Peace Aaron(W-W)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.