Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-27-2007, 04:22 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Chris, yeah been hectic here today. I will send you a PM back with a general quote.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Had my first look at a 416 today. all I can say is WOW ! All new and looks like all the changes make good sense. Very fine workmanship and design we have all come to know and love. Details look well planned and exicuted. Is this the chassis that will replace my 414? Only time will tell.

MPH
Old 12-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Had my first look at a 416 today. all I can say is WOW ! All new and looks like all the changes make good sense. Very fine workmanship and design we have all come to know and love. Details look well planned and exicuted. Is this the chassis that will replace my 414? Only time will tell.

MPH
If it does, does that mean you have to change your user name also ?
Old 12-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

nah, he will only be going 2 miles/hour faster, anyway... lol!

marty, i ran mine for the first time last week straight outta the box... was very good on our low to med bite ozite. and, it is pretty well thought out, except one detail- the upper screw for the motor has to be installed before the topdeck... not a biggie, just kinda weird. and, pinion access is a little funky as well.

Wes
Old 12-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wes,
You bringing the 416 for the Novak?

Marty
Old 12-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So Marty, are you finally gonna relegate the relics to the museum to only be run at vintage races?
I ran the 10.5 brushless for the first time right before Christmas, it is stupid fast. Looks like I will be running GT2 and 103 @ Trackside.
Brushless and Lipo rules, and I haven't even really gotten into it yet. For anyone who has any reservation about the technology, don't, you will not regret it.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
So Marty, are you finally gonna relegate the relics to the museum to only be run at vintage races?
I ran the 10.5 brushless for the first time right before Christmas, it is stupid fast. Looks like I will be running GT2 and 103 @ Trackside.
Brushless and Lipo rules, and I haven't even really gotten into it yet. For anyone who has any reservation about the technology, don't, you will not regret it.
for those that love the "less maintenance portion" of GT3.. think of GT2 w/BL, Lipo as a faster version. more wheel time. less maintenance. ive been BL with 13.5 and 10.5 for the past year and absolutely love it will never go back. gotta love the BL/Lipo revolution going on right now.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hebiki
for those that love the "less maintenance portion" of GT3.. think of GT2 w/BL, Lipo as a faster version. more wheel time. less maintenance. ive been BL with 13.5 and 10.5 for the past year and absolutely love it will never go back. gotta love the BL/Lipo revolution going on right now.
And if you still have any doubts, try runing stock and 19T at a local race when there are only 6 heats total. Did it with the IFS and the 415 with no problem. Oh yeah, and I turn marshalled both heats I was responsible for too. Lipo and brushless are a beautiful thing !
Old 12-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking BL,Lipo, at TAMiya

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
And if you still have any doubts, try runing stock and 19T at a local race when there are only 6 heats total. Did it with the IFS and the 415 with no problem. Oh yeah, and I turn marshalled both heats I was responsible for too. Lipo and brushless are a beautiful thing !
Timmy and me both have brushless systems and I have a lipo pack. Tim's running 10.5 and I'm running 13.5 with lipo and were having a blast. Need to invest in more Lipo's soon. Also ran Lipo with brushed 19 turn in my TA05 and it was crazy fast and consistant power the whole time. I just have to get used to stopping one the power drops off. I got the voltage down to 6.02v.
Cut if very close but lipo is fine. Timmy has the Lipo cutoff on his ESC but I have the older one without. May need to upgrade to a new ESC! When are you guys going to come back to Tamiya for some fun runs? Track is in good shape,(thanks to Kevin N. and a few friends) we have been spraying and cleaning up the track for a couple of weeks and if it doesn't rain traction should be good!
See ya!
Old 12-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Wes,
You bringing the 416 for the Novak?

Marty
yessir... i hope to be there in time for the New Years day race as well. hoping to get to the airport here befor emy standby flight leaves!

otherwise, i may not make it there till wednesday, but the 416 will be my primary car.

Wes
Old 12-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

cool, can't wait to see one run. Where did you buy yours from and how much?

Marty
Old 12-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by maxepower
Timmy and me both have brushless systems and I have a lipo pack. Tim's running 10.5 and I'm running 13.5 with lipo and were having a blast. Need to invest in more Lipo's soon. Also ran Lipo with brushed 19 turn in my TA05 and it was crazy fast and consistant power the whole time. I just have to get used to stopping one the power drops off. I got the voltage down to 6.02v.
Cut if very close but lipo is fine. Timmy has the Lipo cutoff on his ESC but I have the older one without. May need to upgrade to a new ESC! When are you guys going to come back to Tamiya for some fun runs? Track is in good shape,(thanks to Kevin N. and a few friends) we have been spraying and cleaning up the track for a couple of weeks and if it doesn't rain traction should be good!
See ya!
Nemo, A Fung and I will be there in the morning and early afternoon on the 29tth. Hope to see you there.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

i got mine a little over a week ago, from Champ in Japan... i got the kit with the blue alloy/ti screw set.. with shipping, i think it was right at 460. yikes! ah well... liking it so far. i know Corey W. from canada will have his there, too... prolly some more, but i dont know how many. i hope my parts show up! i got some coming from Precision and had them shipped to Trackside, shows tracking to be there sunday, before i even get there! better to be too soon...

Wes
Old 12-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is the Aliso Viejo Tamiya track still open for practices on Sat mornings?
What are the hours?

Thanks
Old 12-30-2007, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

FYI

This may not effect 90% of the people on this thread but Jan 1, 2008 you will not be able to pack Lithium batteries in your suit cases only carryons. Something about fire supression not being adequate enough for the cargo hold.

http://safetravel.dot.gov/whats_new_batteries.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=197738

It will effect up in coming races, possibly if we only are transporting NiMH? TSA can be manic about certain rules , which is understandable.

I think Doc M. will be the 1st guinnea pig, don't think it will effect the Hickman Hauler

Happy New Year to all

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.